Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 05:31 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ah, for Pete's sake!
Biden has a speech impairment. That's not a cognitive impairment at all. Trump has one too, but his lisp is different than a stutter.
Don Jr.'s lisp is worse than his father's, and Eric has it too. Lisping seems to run generationally in the Trump family. Does that make them all stupid?

Does any impairment make someone stupid? We have Governors and Senators who are in wheelchairs. There are disabled folks at all levels of our democracy from the most local upward.

Gov. Abbot in Texas is one; did his paralysis rob him of his intelligence? Did it take away his ability to lead? Did it make him unfit for the Job?

Fetterman never showed any signs of cognitive impairment until his stroke, which came less than a month ago.
Fetterman got lucky, and good for him.

Strokes are like that. You or I could get hit this afternoon, even if you feel just fine this morning. And when the stroke hits your brain, you will never know what the damage will be until later.
We are chalking up Biden’s idiocy to a speech impairment? Is this a joke?

Nobody is commenting on disabled people in any way, as if someone’s lack of mobility in his legs would prevent his brain from working, etc. Do you mean to tell me that the leader of the free world should not be required to have all his faculties? That’s a confusing take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 05:33 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times
Its likely because cognitively impaired perfectly represents their base

Old 09-08-2022, 05:47 PM

10,108 posts, read 7,778,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t really get it. First Biden, now Fetterman.

There are plenty of able bodied, non impaired hard core Democrats who would give them exactly what they want.

But even if Fetterman was not cognitively impaired, what has he done in Braddock to impress anyone? That place is an absolute disaster.

I’m currently a resident of AZ, and while I don’t care for Mark Kelly, at least he is of able body and mind.

Anyway, my problem with impaired leaders is that it really means that an unelected person is making the decisions behind the scenes and we don’t even know who they are.

I don’t blame Biden for Afghanistan, but somebody caused that disaster. Was it Tony Blinken? I have no idea. I also don’t blame Biden for causing energy problems around the globe, but somebody purposefully did it, and that person is unelected.
Blame Biden. He knew he would be a puppet when he became president. He agreed to it. He even said he didn't know what he was signing when signing all those exec. Orders. He laughed and thought it funny.

He allows people to tell him when he can and can't talk. He is an idiot but he knows others are making the decisions and he's allowing it.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:30 PM

29,827 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ah, for Pete's sake!
Biden has a speech impairment. That's not a cognitive impairment at all. Trump has one too, but his lisp is different than a stutter.
Don Jr.'s lisp is worse than his father's, and Eric has it too. Lisping seems to run generationally in the Trump family. Does that make them all stupid?

Does any impairment make someone stupid? We have Governors and Senators who are in wheelchairs. There are disabled folks at all levels of our democracy from the most local upward.

Gov. Abbot in Texas is one; did his paralysis rob him of his intelligence? Did it take away his ability to lead? Did it make him unfit for the Job?

Fetterman never showed any signs of cognitive impairment until his stroke, which came less than a month ago.
Fetterman got lucky, and good for him.

Strokes are like that. You or I could get hit this afternoon, even if you feel just fine this morning. And when the stroke hits your brain, you will never know what the damage will be until later.

LOL, a speech impairment did not cause him to talk about children rubbing his hairy legs in the pool or any of that other weird creepy stuff that should have totally disqualified him from holding public office. Did a speech impairment also cause him to tell a black man he can't be black if he's questioning whether to vote for Biden or Trump? Did a speech impairment cause him to insult a man by asking him if he was on cocaine? Biden is every bit as crass as Trump.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:01 PM

6,128 posts, read 3,355,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Blame Biden. He knew he would be a puppet when he became president. He agreed to it. He even said he didn't know what he was signing when signing all those exec. Orders. He laughed and thought it funny.

He allows people to tell him when he can and can't talk. He is an idiot but he knows others are making the decisions and he's allowing it.
I think you are giving Biden way too much credit. I don’t believe he even knows who he is on a day to day basis.

Just like any dementia patient, he has some good days and a whole lot of bad days.

They shoot him full of drugs just so he is able to get on stage and read a teleprompter. But he has no idea what he is reading on most days.

It’s possible he doesn’t even know what has happened in Afghanistan. It’s also possible he doesn’t know what is going on as far as inflation or the global energy problems.

His schedule is an absolute joke. He literally does nothing all day, because he is unable to. He just sits in a room and exists, that’s it.

Fetterman is another guy who needs around the clock care.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:07 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times
It's the "birds of a feather" effect.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:08 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
I never thought that a drug addict that caused a stroke and leaves him a punch drunk is U.S. Senator material. He can clear all this by releasing his medical record to see the extent of his stroke and what caused it. If he is a drug addict the people of PA must know.

Drug abusers have an increased risk of both hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. The main illicit drugs associated with stroke are cocaine, amphetamines, Ecstasy, heroin/opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), and cannabis/marijuana. He has to come clean and release his medical records.

This reminds me of Marion Barry and D.C., he gets busted for smoking crack and he wins the election in D.C. because he has a D after his name.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:03 PM

6,128 posts, read 3,355,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I never thought that a drug addict that caused a stroke and leaves him a punch drunk is U.S. Senator material. He can clear all this by releasing his medical record to see the extent of his stroke and what caused it. If he is a drug addict the people of PA must know.

Drug abusers have an increased risk of both hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. The main illicit drugs associated with stroke are cocaine, amphetamines, Ecstasy, heroin/opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), and cannabis/marijuana. He has to come clean and release his medical records.

This reminds me of Marion Barry and D.C., he gets busted for smoking crack and he wins the election in D.C. because he has a D after his name.
Good point.

If someone supports the decriminalization of all drugs, supports tax funded drug dens, and then also suffers a stroke at a very young age for that to happen, I think it’s very fair to question whether he is a drug addict or not.

Not that it would matter to leftists though, they’d still vote for him if there was video of him shooting fentanyl into his arm.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:19 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t really get it. First Biden, now Fetterman.

There are plenty of able bodied, non impaired hard core Democrats who would give them exactly what they want.

But even if Fetterman was not cognitively impaired, what has he done in Braddock to impress anyone? That place is an absolute disaster.

I’m currently a resident of AZ, and while I don’t care for Mark Kelly, at least he is of able body and mind.

Anyway, my problem with impaired leaders is that it really means that an unelected person is making the decisions behind the scenes and we don’t even know who they are.

I don’t blame Biden for Afghanistan, but somebody caused that disaster. Was it Tony Blinken? I have no idea. I also don’t blame Biden for causing energy problems around the globe, but somebody purposefully did it, and that person is unelected.
Democrats nominated the best person to beat Trump. That was the goal. A married gay guy would never be accepted although that's who I wanted. None of the women running would be accepted as well. And Bernie was way too progressive for many. I don't know about Fetterman but Oz is just a carpetbagger with a long list of peddling miracle drugs. I think many vote for who they can trust

Old 09-08-2022, 11:22 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
. I don't know about Fetterman but Oz is just a carpetbagger with a long list of peddling miracle drugs. I think many vote for who they can trust
Do you trust a drug addict that caused his own stroke and is punch drunk? He has to release his medical record for voters to see the extent of his stroke and what caused it and if he is addicted to drugs. You brought up trust.

Hillary Clinton was a carpetbagger. She was born in Illinois, got married, lived in Arkansas as the 1st lady of the state, moved to D.C. for 8 years and then ran as U.S. Senator for New York. Democrats didn't have a problem with that.

Is miracle drugs like forcing the nation with drugs with lies like Biden did for over a year? Again, you Democrats don't have a problem with that. If Oz was a Democrat pushing the left wing agenda and smoked lots of pot, you Democrats would love him. He would be a star.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies