Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2022, 10:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,969,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
There already are restrictions on abortions. Now more so than ever in some states. A woman can’t abort a healthy baby 8/9 months into a pregnancy. It doesn’t happen. No restriction laws are written so government or people without medical background, or any knowledge of an individual’s medical history, get in between a woman’s and her doctor. A woman’s medical needs are not decided by committee nor should they be.
Yes. She can.

8 months = 32 to 36 weeks. No medical restrictions. Just because.

I posted links that show multiple clinics to go if a woman wants to abort her baby at 34-35 weeks. The abortion clinics prove they offer that exact service.

Why are you deliberately LYING about this?

Again to those who ask for information and "proof" in abortions threads:
This is why posting information/links for pro abortioners is futile. Even when spoonfed facts, they STILL claim the facts don't exist. So there is no point in taking the time and effort to show them EXACTLY what they were looking for as 'proof' because they STILL deny it exists.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:16 AM

5,176 posts, read 3,782,461 times
Possibly the Republicans snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the mid terms by pushing Roe v Wade changes at this time. Yeah I know it changes not much and you can agree or disagree on the subject in general but it is idiocy to even put forth an agenda which might sway some Dems and Independents who might have regained some of their sanity.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:22 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,456,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Did you miss the part in the NPR article where the reason give for doing an abortion at 34 weeks is that the "mother" learned she was pregnant after the first trimester?

Did you miss the part for the CARE clinic where there are NO medical requirements for doing a 35 week abortion?

BOTH clinics offer 34 or 35-week abortions for healthy babies. Stunning that even with LINKS and DIRECT information, pro aboritoners literally cannot follow along.

Again, this is why I have refused to provide information for pro abortioners. Even with a read-along, even when being spoon-fed information, you ignore what is clearly in front of your eyes.

They are killing perfectly healthy babies at late term simply because the mom wants them dead.
Nebraska does not allow third trimester abortions or any abortion after 20-22 weeks(depending on how its counted) unless the life of the mother is in danger.

MD allows abortions after viability only if the life/health of the mother is endangered or there is a fetal anomaly.

Old 09-17-2022, 11:58 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,426,871 times
Quote:
Did you miss the part in the NPR article where the reason give for doing an abortion at 34 weeks is that the "mother" learned she was pregnant after the first trimester?

Did you miss the part for the CARE clinic where there are NO medical requirements for doing a 35 week abortion?

BOTH clinics offer 34 or 35-week abortions for healthy babies. Stunning that even with LINKS and DIRECT information, pro aboritoners literally cannot follow along.

Again, this is why I have refused to provide information for pro abortioners. Even with a read-along, even when being spoon-fed information, you ignore what is clearly in front of your eyes.

They are killing perfectly healthy babies at late term simply because the mom wants them dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
There already are restrictions on abortions. Now more so than ever in some states. A woman can’t abort a healthy baby 8/9 months into a pregnancy. It doesn’t happen. No restriction laws are written so government or people without medical background, or any knowledge of an individual’s medical history, get in between a woman’s and her doctor. A woman’s medical needs are not decided by committee nor should they be.
Quote:
Yes. She can.

8 months = 32 to 36 weeks. No medical restrictions. Just because.

I posted links that show multiple clinics to go if a woman wants to abort her baby at 34-35 weeks. The abortion clinics prove they offer that exact service.

Why are you deliberately LYING about this?

Again to those who ask for information and "proof" in abortions threads:
This is why posting information/links for pro abortioners is futile. Even when spoonfed facts, they STILL claim the facts don't exist. So there is no point in taking the time and effort to show them EXACTLY what they were looking for as 'proof' because they STILL deny it exists.
The clinic website clearly states "In Nebraska, we can provide abortions up to 22 weeks. In Maryland, we offer abortions up to 35 weeks. Please keep in mind that abortions after 28 weeks are provided on a case by case basis."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nebraska does not allow third trimester abortions or any abortion after 20-22 weeks (depending on how its counted) unless the life of the mother is in danger.

MD allows abortions after viability only if the life/health of the mother is endangered or there is a fetal anomaly.
Exactly. And even if the local laws did allow for very late termination of healthy pregnancies, the notion that a mother or a doctor would pursue that route is insane. No one is killing healthy babies simply because a mom wants them dead.

Old 09-17-2022, 12:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:

NPR link doesn't work.

Abortion at viability is banned in Maryland with few exceptions allowed.

Old 09-17-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post

The clinic website clearly states "In Nebraska, we can provide abortions up to 22 weeks. In Maryland, we offer abortions up to 35 weeks. Please keep in mind that abortions after 28 weeks are provided on a case by case basis.

Exactly. And even if the local laws did allow for very late termination of healthy pregnancies, the notion that a mother or a doctor would pursue that route is insane. No one is killing healthy babies simply because a mom wants them dead.
See bolded per your post.

As far as "case by case basis"? That applies to every medical procedure. Like a root canal. Or a mole removal. Or getting braces. Or a knee replacement. Or a nose job.

Means absolutely nothing distinctive. It's policy for ANY procedure.

Old 09-17-2022, 12:22 PM

1,579 posts, read 954,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Normally I would say some to defend these Republicans, but I don't think I can.

I agree with you, just leave these women alone should be good enough. It's between her and her obgyn, that's it. Plus, since I don't want to pay for other people's children using my own tax dollars, I don't see why I should force any women to give birth. Makes zero sense to me.

All these said, I do believe a fetus is a human life, but since the fetus grows in a woman's body, abort a fetus is not the equivalent of killing a human child. This is just my opinion. So abortion is not a legal issue for me, it's rather a moral issue. Therefore, in my opinion, morality cannot be legislated. What a woman does to her body should be her choice.

I think you and I think similarly. I just don't think the government has any business telling people how to live their personal lives or what they do with their bodies. I feel this way about abortion, I feel this way about mandatory Covid shots, and I feel this was about self-administered euthanasia.

Old 09-17-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
See bolded per your post.

As far as "case by case basis"? That applies to every medical procedure. Like a root canal. Or a mole removal. Or getting braces. Or a knee replacement. Or a nose job.

Means absolutely nothing distinctive. It's policy for ANY procedure.
What it means in this case is that the providers will evaluate each situation individually and may decline to provide service. Nowhere does it say they will terminate on request for any reason at any time. You are making that up for emotional fear-mongering.

Old 09-17-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
What it means in this case is that the providers will evaluate each situation individually and may decline to provide service. Nowhere does it say they will terminate on request for any reason at any time. You are making that up for emotional fear-mongering.
Again, here is another pro abortion poster that literally can't look at the FACT right in front of them.

Or approve and terminate a healthy baby at 35 weeks.

There is no emotion in facts. The emotional posts are those that support abortion at any time. There is nothing else for me to say on this subject. The pro abortion lying speaks for itself. Most dishonest posters I've ever encountered.

Old 09-17-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
I think you and I think similarly. I just don't think the government has any business telling people how to live their personal lives or what they do with their bodies. I feel this way about abortion, I feel this way about mandatory Covid shots, and I feel this was about self-administered euthanasia.
I agree but also think there can be exceptions made when public health is at stake. With respect to anything one wants to do regarding health issues when contagion is not an issue, all decisions should be personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies