Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2022, 04:46 PM

17,452 posts, read 14,691,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Your main issue seems to be the fictional abortion at birth narrative. If that is not designed to be emotional and to play on people's emotions, I don't know what is!
Nope. That poster is very emotional.

There are topics that are very personal to me that I will never debate here - because it can’t be done with a clear head.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:50 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And abortion on demand til birth is moderate?
Abortion on demand is a misnomer as you use it. Try to make an appointment for a LTA 9.5 months into a healthy pregnancy. You can’t because no doctor would preform one. Women don’t change their minds that late in a pregnancy. No limit is to ensure government doesn’t get into the medical business between a woman and her doctor.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you think a woman who has a perfectly healthy baby and is perfectly healthy herself should be able to abort a baby at 7 months?
Asked and answered Venice, numerous times.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:51 PM

41,990 posts, read 75,279,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
The GOP cannot ban abortion nationwide with Biden as president.
So, screw states' rights, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
however, I think most Americans would agree with a fifteen week restriction on abortion.
I would not agree. There are some instances where the fetus being "incompatible with life" are not discovered until after 15 weeks. Requiring those parents to carry the fetus to term, if they do not choose to do so, is cruel and inhumane.

Quote:
The left's line in the sand is nothing short of abortion on demand til birth.
This bit of hyperemotional hyperbole must die a thorough death. How are you fabricating this nonsense, anyway?

Quote:
Surely you did not think that women who were mostly minding their own business were going to agree to going back to second class citizens? Or maybe you did.
SUBMIT.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Nobody ever wants to believe that an educated, happily-married woman in the suburbs with a perfectly decorated nursery and a baby name all picked out needs an abortion. It just shatters all those preconceptions, doesn't it? Cognitive dissonance indeed. So back we go to, "it's only 1%, and they don't matter."
Some folks seem to believe that the only women who seek abortions are women who have multiple partners on multiple days, and laugh in the face of available birth control.

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine.

Quote:
No. Because your posts on the topic are always emotional.
Oh, the irony.

Let me tell you, abortion is a hard decision to make. No woman ever makes it lightly. Abortion is an emotional business.

Your previous posts in this thread certainly get emotional. Yet no one else should get emotional about it? Yeah, bullcrap.

Quote:
Your main issue seems to be the fictional abortion at birth narrative. If that is not designed to be emotional and to play on people's emotions, I don't know what is!
Exactly. Nevermind that there is no "abortion at birth" narrative anyway.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:52 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,155,241 times
Quote:

There are topics that are very personal to me that I will never debate here - because it can’t be done with a clear head.
I do have a clear head, and my posts are not overly-emotional. They are realistic, and I have pointed out over and over again that a danger of Graham's bill is that it will force women to rely on blood tests with a high rate of false positives when making a decision about terminating pregnancy rather than waiting until after fifteen weeks for testing with much higher specificity. It will paradoxically make it more likely that women will abort healthy, wanted pregnancies. Graham's bill is based entirely on emotion. Read the preface. It's one emotional appeal after another after another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Some folks seem to believe that the only women who seek abortions are women who have multiple partners on multiple days, and laugh in the face of available birth control.

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine.
Thank you. Chuckity seems to believe that anyone who has had an abortion has nothing of value to contribute to the discussion.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I do have a clear head, and my posts are not overly-emotional. They are realistic, and I have pointed out over and over again that a danger of Graham's bill is that it will force women to rely on blood tests with a high rate of false positives when making a decision about terminating pregnancy rather than waiting until after fifteen weeks for testing with much higher specificity. It will paradoxically make it more likely that women will abort healthy, wanted pregnancies. Graham's bill is based entirely on emotion. Read the preface. It's one emotional appeal after another after another.

Thank you. Chuckity seems to believe that anyone who has had an abortion has nothing of value to contribute to the discussion.
For many posters here all you have to be, is a pro choice woman who speaks her mind. You’re labeled a radical murdering feminazi

Old 09-16-2022, 05:05 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,452,386 times
Quote:

The situation she describes is a real one. She explains it quite rationally and eloquently for people who don't understand it.

When I hear a man splaining to a woman that she is too emotional, I always know he is out of facts to debate. Just saying.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,962,634 times
Quote:
If those 3rd trimester healthy abortions don’t happen - then you should have no issue saying they shouldn’t be allowed.

Also, I’m not going to engage with you on a personal level regarding your experience.
Exactly.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:14 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,962,634 times
Quote:
It's a statement of fact.

If the fact makes you emotional? Maybe think about why.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:17 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,155,241 times
I agree that third-trimester abortions of healthy fetuses should not happen, and fortunately, they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies