Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2022, 12:42 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,976,717 times

Advertisements

From Secular Pro-Life:

When a pro-choicer argues either "it doesn't matter if the fetus is a person or not because no person can use your body against your will," or "the government has no right to interfere in decisions that should be between a woman and her doctor," or similar, I often ask "Do you think abortion should be legal at any stage for any reason?"

Most pro-choice people agree with at least some restrictions on abortion. Most are against elective abortion later in pregnancy, for example. But if someone thinks abortion should be illegal in the second or third trimester, that means this person recognizes situations in which they believe that the government should regulate abortion and that fetuses do have a right to use their mothers' bodies.

And in those cases, the difference between their view and mine is not *whether* the government can regulate abortion (i.e. "interfere in healthcare decisions") but rather under what circumstances the government can do so.

Similarly the difference between their view and mine is not *whether* fetuses have a right to their mothers' bodies, but under what circumstances they have that right.

Old 09-17-2022, 12:44 PM

1,288 posts, read 1,429,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again, here is another pro abortion poster that literally can't look at the FACT right in front of them.

Or approve and terminate a healthy baby at 35 weeks.

There is no emotion in facts. The emotional posts are those that support abortion at any time. There is nothing else for me to say on this subject. The pro abortion lying speaks for itself. Most dishonest posters I've ever encountered.
I don't understand your comment. It seems you think that because it's not explicitly excluded on their website, these abortion providers would terminate a healthy pregnancy at 35 weeks even though it would be against the law, not to mention the Hippocratic oath and basic morality. Why would you think that? If a healthy baby can be delivered that would be the desired outcome.

Old 09-17-2022, 01:04 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,063,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...n-legislation/

I think the stake is really high. Vote wisely, please.

Does Trump have photos of this guy molesting children or something? Graham's behavior seems a little erratic these days.

Old 09-17-2022, 01:07 PM

9,553 posts, read 4,375,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...n-legislation/

I think the stake is really high. Vote wisely, please.
He can't legally do that, thanks to Roe v Wade being overturned. The irony is simply delicious.

Old 09-17-2022, 01:29 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,976,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
I don't understand your comment. It seems you think that because it's not explicitly excluded on their website, these abortion providers would terminate a healthy pregnancy at 35 weeks even though it would be against the law, not to mention the Hippocratic oath and basic morality. Why would you think that? If a healthy baby can be delivered that would be the desired outcome.
They have a webpage specifically for maternal health and fetal anomalies. It addresses those cases. On it's own webpage. For patients who have maternal health or fetal anomaly issues and want abortions for ... maternal health and fetal anomalies issues

THEN they also have a webpage for up to 35 week abortions. Says it right at the VERY top of the webpage.

Now .. If the ONLY late term abortions they did were for maternal health and fetal anomalies ... why would they have an entirely separate web page for abortions up to 35 weeks? What customers are they targeting?

Let me think .... um ... since they already specifically explained the abortions done for maternal health and fetal anomalies on its own dedicated webpage ... so .. the only other clients .... could only be ...

Healthy moms with healthy babies.

Again, pro abortion posters continue to be the most dishonest posters on C-D.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:12 PM

18,412 posts, read 19,066,459 times
Quote:
Again, here is another pro abortion poster that literally can't look at the FACT right in front of them.

Or approve and terminate a healthy baby at 35 weeks.

There is no emotion in facts. The emotional posts are those that support abortion at any time. There is nothing else for me to say on this subject. The pro abortion lying speaks for itself. Most dishonest posters I've ever encountered.
I read the links. They have abortions service to 35 weeks. No where did it say they will abort a healthy baby late term.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM

1,288 posts, read 1,429,344 times
Quote:
They have a webpage specifically for maternal health and fetal anomalies. It addresses those cases. On it's own webpage. For patients who have maternal health or fetal anomaly issues and want abortions for ... maternal health and fetal anomalies issues

THEN they also have a webpage for up to 35 week abortions. Says it right at the VERY top of the webpage.

Now .. If the ONLY late term abortions they did were for maternal health and fetal anomalies ... why would they have an entirely separate web page for abortions up to 35 weeks? What customers are they targeting?

Let me think .... um ... since they already specifically explained the abortions done for maternal health and fetal anomalies on its own dedicated webpage ... so .. the only other clients .... could only be ...

I'm not dishonest. I'm just not drawing the conclusion you describe above from the actual, real language on the site.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:28 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,461,591 times
Quote:

Not all abortions done for maternal health and/or fetal anomalies are late term abortions.

The procedure described on the page for 35 week abortions is the procedure for a late term maternal health or fetal anomaly abortion. It does not apply to all maternal health or fetal anomaly abortions.

You are asking us to believe that this clinic is advertising illegal abortions on the internet and also giving out interviews broadcasting their illegal activities?

Old 09-17-2022, 02:34 PM

42,871 posts, read 26,392,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If I take what you say at face value, why won't any Democrat in any position of political power support limits on abortion after viability?

They won't and don't.

You can insert any qualifier: mother's life, incest, rape ... and they still won't.
Why would you need a law preventing killing a viable fetus? Do you really think that any sane woman would ask for, or participate in the abortion of her baby that could exist outside of the womb? How could anyone have that little faith in women? There are babies who are born with medical issues that would prevent them from living more than a few hours or a few days. In those cases I think the mother and the doctor should decide how to proceed, not Lindsey Graham for heaven's sake!

Old 09-17-2022, 02:35 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,121,987 times
Quote:

It's a website SEO thing so that people who are using that search term can find them. Many sites will have different pages that are basically the same topic. Done it myself for sites. Not everyone is going to use the terms fetal anomalies or whatever in their search even if it about that.

On their website, they do mention it's on a case by case basis. Do you somehow think Maryland has restrictions, but would somehow not care or notice if a clinic with an easily available website was really aborting babies with no restrictions contrary to law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.