Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2022, 07:40 AM

17,423 posts, read 14,650,567 times

Advertisements

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Massachusetts just activated the National Guard (up to 125 of them) over 50 illegals.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:44 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Illegal immigration is in fact a congressional issue so keep slapping that head. Does congress have a solution, do those senators from Texas have a proposal. Please don't tell me the worn out solution of a wall. Bussing illegal immigrants to places like Martha's Vineyard on a taxpayer funded private jet and calling a press conference and laughing it up is juvenile.
and effective.... very effective.

Did y'all get your share yet in the Hamptons? If not... They're coming.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:47 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!!

Massachusetts just activated the National Guard (up to 125 of them) over 50 illegals.
How racist and xenophobic

These migrants are enriching the lives of the residents of the MV residents!

Old 09-16-2022, 07:48 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
No offense but I would consider Cubans POC - or aren't they black enough? They were the original illegals but they vote Republican for the most part, so you won't include them? The demographics of both areas are roughly the same but Martha'a Vineyard hasn't had boat loads of immigrants landing on their shores for decades.
Im a part time resident of Miami Beach. I've been to Cuba many times.

Cubans, like Americans, come in all races. Many Cubans are white, and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart except for the way they dress! Of course, some are black too, and many are in between.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:49 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What's so sad is the immigration issue could have been dealt with a long time ago. Why didn't the GOP fix it when they were in power? They have no plan, but want to block any Dem plan. It's how they roll. McConnell stopped any immigration reform in 2019, and so it goes.

Meanwhile, human beings are treated like political pawns being bused and flown all over the country. What a horrible people we are to allow that to happen. Abbott and DeSantis are despicable. Not to mention what they're doing is most like illegal. But it play well with their rabid bases, so that's all they care about.
Do you not remember that every time Trump tried to "fix it" the Dems blocked his every move and the media made him out to be a racist dictator?

If these human beings dont want to be treated like political pawns they shouldnt trek thousands of miles across 10 countries pretending to need asylum knowing full well the golden opportunity the current administration is granting for anyone to cross our boarders without repercussion and be given a free ride on the taxpayer's dime.

Why would it be illegal to give these people a free ride to the cities and states who declare themselves sanctuary for just such people. Seems to me they should show some gratitude.
And least you not forget Biden has been shipping these illegals to various states in the middle of the night unbeknownst to the governors and officials of those states.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:49 AM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
I'm going to read thru this entire thread but is it true it cost 12 million dollars to send 50 illegals to Martha's Vinyard.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:54 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,005 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!

What will they do when they receive 3500? It should get interesting. Democrat politicians having to actually face the reality of Biden's "surge to the border" invitation for all migrants.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:58 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm going to read thru this entire thread but is it true it cost 12 million dollars to send 50 illegals to Martha's Vinyard.
No. 12 million is the total budget for the entire fiscal year.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:59 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!

I couldn't believe it but it is true. From link, https://patch.com/massachusetts/mart...eyard-migrants -- QUOTE, my italics:

MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA — Gov. Charlie Baker will activate the National Guard to assist the 50 men, women and children shipped Wednesday to Martha's Vineyard by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Baker said Friday morning the migrants will be transferred to a shelter at Joint Base Cape Cod in Buzzard's Bay. The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency will coordinate food and other services for them. About 125 National Guard members will assist, Baker said.
[END QUOTE]

So 125 National Guardsmen are needed to help with 50 people??? How absolutely insane is THAT??

Old 09-16-2022, 08:11 AM

17,423 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I couldn't believe it but it is true. From link, https://patch.com/massachusetts/mart...eyard-migrants -- QUOTE, my italics:

MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA — Gov. Charlie Baker will activate the National Guard to assist the 50 men, women and children shipped Wednesday to Martha's Vineyard by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Baker said Friday morning the migrants will be transferred to a shelter at Joint Base Cape Cod in Buzzard's Bay. The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency will coordinate food and other services for them. About 125 National Guard members will assist, Baker said.
[END QUOTE]

So 125 National Guardsmen are needed to help with 50 people??? How absolutely insane is THAT??
You know what's weird? Most weekends Biden hightails it to his beach house.

His schedule doesn't show it today.

I bet there's a bus w/ illegals right now on it's way to Delaware - and Biden will stay away because of it.

I'd bet a nickle that's what's happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies