Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 09:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yes, let’s hate and blame Republicans for not being able to miraculously fix a problem the Democrats created.

And when the tried to fix it, you and your Democrats attacked it and obstructed.

How about turning your hate to your Democrats that made a fairly small problem much more bigger?
Ahh you misunderstood the point.

The point is not criticizing Republicans for not being able to fix the issue. The criticism is that they or some of them claimed they had the answer to fix it ....and then couldn't fix it.

And HATE is a strong word. Both parties are guilty of not working to fix what is broken with the Act.

There is no denying it must have helped enough people that even Republican politicians who campaigned to repeal changed their mind when their voters balked....but it has faults. There are still people paying outrageous health insurance premiums.

So politicians don't have an answer, throw up their arms and just use political rhetoric to either criticize or exhault the Act with no real effort to fix it.

Typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 09:06 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They don't have a plan and never have. Too many of their constituents are on Obamacare, so they know better than to mess with it at this late stage of the game. Obamacare saved us the years before we were eligible for Medicare.
Obamacare/the ACA = a set of rules/guidelines/laws that plans must adhere to…..It isn’t a plan itself.

Old 10-03-2022, 09:35 AM

17,805 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Not really.

My medicare premium, compounded at average S&P returns until I turn 65, would produce more than enough cash flow to pay whatever Medicare pays on average per patient out of pocket and then some.
You better plan on staying completely healthy in your old age... and then plan on dropping dead without a hospital stay.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:19 AM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
The government didn't prevent you from seeing your doctor. The doctor and the insurance company may have made changes and your doctor may have chosen to accept different plans, but that's on the doctor and insurance company, not the government. And you could keep your insurance unless your insurance company decided to discontinue it. Some policies didn't meet the basic coverage required and your insurance company may have discontinued those instead of upgrading them, but that's on your insurance company for not taking care of you.
Like how you push the spin (lies) of Obama Care to doctors and insurance companies, when the bad policy was put in place by the government. By the way where is that $2500 savings per year that the average family was going to save? Let's just add that to Obama's Lies and the fleecing of the American Public

Old 10-03-2022, 11:50 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Take away the subsidies and it will die on its own.
Same with the; Oil, coal, and transportation industries.

IMO States who believe in the "right to life " doctrine should not be charging people for life saving medical care anyway. I have a " Right" to a lawyer and I don't have to pay for one. Makes no difference if I am 100% responsible for the predicament I am in.

Old 10-03-2022, 11:57 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Obamacare is a disaster, but I don’t see the issue here, other than NBC trying to make Republicans look like hypocrites, as though Democrats have NEVER changed messaging on various topics.

Democrats won the messaging war on this one; even though we continue to have to pass bills to delay some of the impacts of Obamacare, people seem to like and want Obamacare. So, shouldn’t we instead praise Republicans on trying to align with what they think people want, with regard to this issue?
Yep, it's a complete disaster. My understanding is that is was supposed to be temporary. The taxes being paid by those who didn't have insurance along with the obamacare plan itself was supposed to spend the first 5 years building a pool and then eventually we would have the capital needed to get a Canada style insurance program off the ground. But I guess something went wrong or someone at the top didn't do what they are supposed to do.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:02 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
It looks like Obamacare is here to stay...

Republicans abandon Obamacare repeal - NBC News
"Republicans" never got off their ass to help Trump during his term nor did they lift a finger to do anything about it back then.

Could you post something we didn't already know? Snore.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:05 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
One of my wifes 62 year old friends has the following choice this month:

Since they have no children at home they are too wealthy for subsidies and cannot afford the 2K a month insurance on the exchange. He was laid off a couple years ago after getting disabled. Now he needs something or another expensive.

She quits job and they lose everything to become officially poor so they qualify for Medicaid.
She divorces a husband she still loves and keeps half.

America, run by and for billionaires.

But of course, they do not produce sufficient output to justify their existence so who cares.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:09 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
"Republicans" never got off their ass to help Trump during his term nor did they lift a finger to do anything about it back then.

Could you post something we didn't already know? Snore.
This is true. It's one big thing I thank Trump, in that he woke up the GOP side to why things are getting worse and it's because so many of the Republicans are nothing but buddies of the far left Democrats. Paul Ryan could have done so much but instead, he was nothing but a wall in the way. I also learned the truth about Trey Gowdy and Jason Chaffetz. They talked real good during the Obama years, but then as soon as Trump won, instead of staying and finally getting things done that they talked about in the past, they resigned from their seats and went to the news networks. I was so mad at them.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:41 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I'm medical first, liberal political Independent next. I owe no specific allegiance to the Dems.
The basic reason the Pubs can't do a HC system, is that they insist on free markets. In medicine free markets can work with the optional and elective, the young and and healthy. That is a substantial part of the overall, but does not address the problem well enough for those most in need. The uninsurables and the elderly.
The first improved with Obamacare, the second through Medicare.
Is your memory that short? Before Obamacare, the uninsurable and elderly already had medicaid and medicare to help them. All Obama and the Democrats did was expand the welfare state to the point where medical care is poorer and more costly because it added more big government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies