Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 08:06 PM

18,874 posts, read 8,527,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Hence "the dems have nothing that delivers the promised outcomes".

What idiot thought treating a young, healthy and physically fit 20 year old with no pre-existing conditions the same as a 75 year old obese diabetic with high blood pressure, fatty liver and heart disease would lower health insurance premiums? Clearly none of Obama's advisors had any experience with actuarial science or even probability and statistics.

Now we have everyone paying equally ludicrous premiums instead of some people paying ludicrous premiums.
Your 75 y/o would be enjoying Medicare, a very different scenario than the 20 y/o. Young and healthy people and families with the means should do well going private. Without the means, Obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 06:31 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
They don't have a plan and never have. Too many of their constituents are on Obamacare, so they know better than to mess with it at this late stage of the game. Obamacare saved us the years before we were eligible for Medicare.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:33 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Good. It's worked well for me, and my costs are manageable. Ironically, I'll likely end up paying more for Medicare benefits when the time comes.
You are right. The same happened to us. I miss my Obamacare days, but thankful for Medicare.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:40 AM

30,610 posts, read 19,329,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
It looks like Obamacare is here to stay...

Republicans abandon Obamacare repeal - NBC News
The Unaffordable and I don't Care Act is horrible and has resulted in lowering USA average lifespan significantly the last couple of years. However, even worse is the Democrats handling of crime, the border and the economy all of which are winning issues for Republicans, so the focus for Republicans is clear on increasing the Red Wave.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:43 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,162,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well IF they do not have something better to replace it with then I say If it isn't broken then don't try to fix it.
I can't believe that you're still using decade-old talking points in defense of it. Man, the programming sure has been EXTREMELY effective, hasn't it?

And just for the record, public support of Obamacare was underwater until after Trump was elected. That's right - the public didn't want it and didn't like it. The only reason the polls inched over 50% was because of the effectiveness of the media's anti-Trump narrative.

Using those ancient talking points? Seriously? Really weak. A strong argument would be to cite the benefits the law has provided over the decade it's existed. But you can't do that, because the law is and always has been trash, so you default back to the talking points you didn't even write.

Old 10-03-2022, 07:01 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,253,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The Pubs have nothing. Nothing “beautiful,” “terrific” or “unbelievable.”
Yes, let’s hate and blame Republicans for not being able to miraculously fix a problem the Democrats created.

And when the tried to fix it, you and your Democrats attacked it and obstructed.

How about turning your hate to your Democrats that made a fairly small problem much more bigger?

Old 10-03-2022, 08:35 AM

18,874 posts, read 8,527,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yes, let’s hate and blame Republicans for not being able to miraculously fix a problem the Democrats created.

And when the tried to fix it, you and your Democrats attacked it and obstructed.

How about turning your hate to your Democrats that made a fairly small problem much more bigger?
I'm medical first, liberal political Independent next. I owe no specific allegiance to the Dems.
The basic reason the Pubs can't do a HC system, is that they insist on free markets. In medicine free markets can work with the optional and elective, the young and and healthy. That is a substantial part of the overall, but does not address the problem well enough for those most in need. The uninsurables and the elderly.
The first improved with Obamacare, the second through Medicare.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:38 AM

11,160 posts, read 10,740,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Interesting that the reason that Republican have aabandoned the repeal process is because much of the Act is working for their voters.
It isn't working. It was just written in such a way that getting rid of it would be nearly impossible.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:49 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,999,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Obama care and its lies were broken from day one. "You can keep your doctor", "you can keep your insurance"
The government didn't prevent you from seeing your doctor. The doctor and the insurance company may have made changes and your doctor may have chosen to accept different plans, but that's on the doctor and insurance company, not the government. And you could keep your insurance unless your insurance company decided to discontinue it. Some policies didn't meet the basic coverage required and your insurance company may have discontinued those instead of upgrading them, but that's on your insurance company for not taking care of you.

Old 10-03-2022, 09:01 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,623,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obamacare will end when the US breaks up and not a minute sooner thanks to ineffective GOP politicians.
If there is an afterlife, I hope that McCain is miserable in it, having lied to his constituents (running his last campaign on repealing the ACA, with no conditions on his vote, and then flipping the bird at said constituents with his vote). At least the tax bill passed under the Trump administration ‘reduced the fine’ to zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies