Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 09:26 AM

3,113 posts, read 943,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I support Trump, and I also got my bivalent booster a few weeks ago.
You and the other 4% of Americans.

Quote:
To date, only about 4% of eligible Americans
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-winter-surge/

Quote:
I've decided with my extensive science interest and digging that the vaccine conspiracy theorists aren't necessarily wrong, but they totally overstate the risks of the vaccines while ignoring the greatly increased risks of a covid infection. They are caught in their echo chambers and see what they want to see. The facts suggest otherwise...
As I keep repeating. You don't have a choice of COVID or vaccine. Your choice is

a) no vaccine + COVID
b) vaccine + COVID

Vaccines don't prevent COVID.

So the endpoint you want is total heart attacks between the vaccinated, and those who are not vaccinated.

This was done many times, last done in Florida where:

Quote:
In the 28 days following vaccination, a statistically significant increase in cardiac-related deaths was
detected for the entire study population (RI = 1.07, 95% CI = 1.03 - 1.12). Stratifying by age group
revealed RIs were significantly higher for age groups 25 - 39 (RI = 2.16, 95% CI = 1.35 - 3.47) and 60 or
older (RI = 1.05, 95% CI = 1.01 - 1.10). The remaining age groups failed to reach statistical significance.
So between vaccinated vs unvaccinated, there was a 7% increase in heart attacks among the vaccinated.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-...ce=govdelivery

Old 10-10-2022, 09:27 AM

3,113 posts, read 943,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
No I have never told someone else to get or avoid a COVID vaccine.

As to my comment about you being an anti-vaxxer, I am remembering a past post of yours about childhood vaccines not being needed.

I remember the days when all we had was a smallpox vaccine. Children died back then of the diseases that are now prevented with vaccines.
I wasn't referring to me, per se. I'm more or less an "anti vaxxer", or I'm against most immunizations. But I've seen you label others that way.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:30 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,994,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I wasn't referring to me, per se. I'm more or less an "anti vaxxer", or I'm against most immunizations. But I've seen you label others that way.
moves the goal post...

Old 10-10-2022, 11:27 AM

35,328 posts, read 17,230,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Are you actually arguing that there should have been no lockdowns? No masking? That we should have just gone along as usual, despite the fact that a virus that has killed over 1 million Americans was sweeping through the country? What was your secret remedy that would have worked better? Keep in mind that you are not allowed to use hindsight to make those recommendations.

I think your last sentence is pretty darn important.
I am arguing that the cure was way worse than the disease. I also don't for a minute believe that 1,000,000 died of Covid. And as for WVNomad, the only trouble is if you lock down for every scare society would never come "unlocked." You can't run a society with epidemics being the only consideration.

Old 10-10-2022, 12:17 PM

15,595 posts, read 7,639,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am arguing that the cure was way worse than the disease. I also don't for a minute believe that 1,000,000 died of Covid. And as for WVNomad, the only trouble is if you lock down for every scare society would never come "unlocked." You can't run a society with epidemics being the only consideration.
Then what did those 1 million people die from?

Old 10-10-2022, 12:18 PM

1,065 posts, read 601,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Unbelievable and absolutely shameless, this guy is still at it.

No one cares anymore about what he says, but the fact that the media continues to give him a platform is insane.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/07/dr-f...is-winter.html
The morgue businesses will be pleased for another go-around of unbelievable and shameless folks like you.

Old 10-10-2022, 01:33 PM

35,328 posts, read 17,230,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Then what did those 1 million people die from?
Cardiac issues, diabetes, natural breakdown of the body, and the elements which have been killing people since the dawn of time. No one is immortal. Just because (and assuming) a person is Covid positive at or 14 days before time of death does not mean that Covid killed him.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:38 PM

19,751 posts, read 10,188,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Cardiac issues, diabetes, natural breakdown of the body, and the elements which have been killing people since the dawn of time. No one is immortal. Just because (and assuming) a person is Covid positive at or 14 days before time of death does not mean that Covid killed him.
Some died with covid, not from covid.

I go back to my wife's aunt. She had terminal cancer and wanted to pass at home. Her doctor released her saying she only had a couple days. Before release the hospital covid tested her and she was positive. When she passed from the cancer, they put cause of death as covid. No one knows how many were listed that way. I remember one doctor in L.A. saying he was told to write all deaths as from covid.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:43 PM

64 posts, read 24,408 times
Translation: a new and more evil version of Dr Fauci will emerge this winter…

Old 10-10-2022, 02:56 PM

14,248 posts, read 4,630,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some died with covid, not from covid.

I go back to my wife's aunt. She had terminal cancer and wanted to pass at home. Her doctor released her saying she only had a couple days. Before release the hospital covid tested her and she was positive. When she passed from the cancer, they put cause of death as covid. No one knows how many were listed that way. I remember one doctor in L.A. saying he was told to write all deaths as from covid.
I am not against Covid vaccine, but I am anti-vaccine mandate.

I am in my late 30s & in peak physical condition, run 20 miles a week, swim 3 times a week, and I have no medical condition. There is no reason for young healthy people to get the jab.

Dr Fraudci needs to stand trial for crime against humanity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies