Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 02:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

I never said it wasn't allowed by laws. I said its not happening.

The laws were written to prevent whatever outrageous/extremists stuff the far right could come up with to interfere with women's right to get an abortion.

Engage in extremes, expect to be met with them in return.

Old 10-17-2022, 02:18 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
So Im a republican but Im pro choice in early pregnacy, however I respect the SCOTUS decision because of states rights.

That said, I heard something the other day that pro life republicans might think of.

It seems gender reveal parties are all the rage for the same progressives that want to legalize almost all abortions.

Does this mean that at the time they know the babys gender, they are acknowledging that as a human life?

Why invite all your friends over for a celebration for some lump of flesh you cut out in a medical procedure?
Seriously?
As a poster said, those doing gender reveal parties want a child, want the pregnancy at that time. They are celebrating the hopeful IMPENDING birth of a child, they are acknowledging its gender not that it is a human life.

Why would anyone have a gender reveal party if they were choosing to abort?
Why do many couples not announce their pregnancy until the third month? Do they not acknowledge it a human life until 12 weeks.

Old 10-17-2022, 02:19 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,272,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I never said it wasn't allowed by laws. I said its not happening.

The laws were written to prevent whatever outrageous/extremists stuff the far right could come up with to interfere with women's right to get an abortion.

Engage in extremes, expect to be met with them in return.

This is what you said. Obviously someone thinks it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

Especially since no one thinks that and no one is doing it.

Old 10-17-2022, 02:21 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
FYI late term abortions are done between 20 to 24 weeks. No one is aborting full term viable, healthy babies just before birth
Sure they are. They are trying to make laws that the doctor and the mother can decide to 'withhold treatment' for babies who survive these late term abortions.

Old 10-17-2022, 02:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't think 15,000 full term babies being murdered is a small thing. So I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.
Late term doesn't mean full term.

1% of abortions are performed after 20 weeks. 39 weeks is full term.

Old 10-17-2022, 02:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Sure they are. They are trying to make laws that the doctor and the mother can decide to 'withhold treatment' for babies who survive these late term abortions.
You have a credible link that says women are aborting viable healthy babies in the 9th month of pregnancy? How many women abort in the 9 th month because they suddenly changed their minds days before birth?

Old 10-17-2022, 02:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
So the whole point of pro choice (and I am surprised the OP didn't get this as the core of the issue) is that it should be up to a woman and her doctor to decide.

So I support choice for women but would never ever have an abortion. I would never have a gender reveal party but support a person's right to one.

All the other talks is just the usual misinformation mixed in with confusing numbers etc.

Do you support a woman's right to consult with a medical doctor and make a choice about her body.

Old 10-17-2022, 02:30 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
No sense arguing with the Party and people of non-science (democrats).
Yes better to weigh personal medical decisions against the bible and the views of elected officials (Republicans).

Old 10-17-2022, 02:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
This is true. I was getting ready to respond to the drivel and decided that people who think it's ok to kill a baby up until the due date are really not human and are not worth arguing with.
Yep. I'm generally adding one or two comments now and then leaving it alone.

The mindset is very very VERY sick.

Old 10-17-2022, 03:14 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
So Im a republican but Im pro choice in early pregnacy, however I respect the SCOTUS decision because of states rights.

That said, I heard something the other day that pro life republicans might think of.

It seems gender reveal parties are all the rage for the same progressives that want to legalize almost all abortions.

Does this mean that at the time they know the babys gender, they are acknowledging that as a human life?

Why invite all your friends over for a celebration for some lump of flesh you cut out in a medical procedure?
One of the most conservative couples I know had a gender reveal party. They're all the rage for a lot of people, not just Dems. Where did you get that idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies