Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 09:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes, they do. His lemmings are in full froth over his remarks.
Well, you can't have it both ways.

You can't note (correctly) that zero people showed up for his politically rallies, and turn around and say people clamor to hear what he has to say.

No one does that. No one pays attention, and is moved to action by his words and beliefs.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:31 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I am wondering why the story of what happened is not cut and dry. I have heard so many different scenarios on the news I don't know what is what. I have heard there was no security at the home. Then there might have been some security. There was 3 people in the home. Then there was 2. That Mr Pelosi is in the bathroom calling police and saying a friend is in the house, and something about code. Then I heard he was actually in bed when attacked with Where's Nancy. That DePape is in his underwear and Pelosi is being hit with a hammer, when the police are in the house. That DePape is from Calif and was or is left wing but thinks right wing or something to that effect. Then all of a sudden he just lives in Calif, but he is actually from Canada and illegally in the USA . I also heard on the news I forget where, that he may have prior arrests for whatever I don't know.

It's no wonder people are skeptical about this attack and feeling things are not adding up. My view is Pelosi was hit with a hammer and is hospitalized with serious injuries. Other than that I think some details are quite possibly being covered up, for whatever reasons I don't know. Either that or the media isn't capable of, or not being fed the actual details of what actually did happen in that house. A house where the 3rd person in line to be President either doesn't have security, or its limited security. Either or I think I'm taking a break from the news.
All that sounds like is the internet trying to make sense of something in the early hours after the attack in the absence of complete information.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:32 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Something tells me Mr. Pelosi knew him.

What are the chances a random homeless man who walks in his underwear (nudist) knows where the Pelosi family lives? He knew there was no security or alarm system? Hmm.

The police reports will be interesting.
That’s my thoughts as well. I can be sympathetic to Paul Pelosi, but they’re trying to use this to smear Republicans so eff them.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:34 AM

23,592 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, you can't have it both ways.

You can't note (correctly) that zero people showed up for his politically rallies, and turn around and say people clamor to hear what he has to say.

No one does that. No one pays attention, and is moved to action by his words and beliefs.
As I'd said, you don't pay attention to the warts on the left...and you keep proving it.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Something tells me Mr. Pelosi knew him.

What are the chances a random homeless man who walks in his underwear (nudist) knows where the Pelosi family lives? He knew there was no security or alarm system? Hmm.

The police reports will be interesting.
Here is the charging document, with excerpts from the police reports to support the felony charges:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...davit_signed_0

Old 11-01-2022, 09:35 AM

23,592 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s my thoughts as well. I can be sympathetic to Paul Pelosi, but they’re trying to use this to smear Republicans so eff them.
Nancy must not have been getting the traction she'd been hoping for off of Jan 6.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:38 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes, they do.
Of course Biden incites people to act out against Republicans. Biden has been saying as fact, that Republicans are a threat to the nation, and to our very form of government.

President Joe Biden:

"But as I stand here tonight, equality and democracy are under assault," he continued. "We do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise. So, tonight, I've come to this place where it all began, to speak as plainly as I can to the nation about the threats we face, about the power we have in our hands to meet these threats and about the incredible future that lies in front of us if only we choose it."

“Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.”

"It's not just Trump, it's the entire philosophy that underpins the - I'm going to say something, it's like semi-fascism."

Old 11-01-2022, 09:39 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I've got my eyes and ears wide open.

The very far far left beliefs are rare, and few people espouse them. Although they do make headlines because they are . . . eye catching.

As far as the number of people who believe them, and act on them, it's a very rare thing.

What you are talking about, are rare news stories.

Do you actually KNOW anyone who has stated, in conversation, that trans women should be allowed in women's sports, or that children should be taught that white people are evil?

Because I sure as hell know people who will tell you they think the election was stolen, that the COVID vax is a ploy to kill Americans, and that reasonable attempts at vetting guy buyers for violent behavior/mental illness is just the government trying to remove guns from the population so they'll be easy to control. People say that, in polite company, all the time.

No one says far far left stuff. That you actually know. You have to go to news stories to hear it.
Other than Biden?

Old 11-01-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Of course Biden incites people to act out against Republicans. Biden has been saying as fact, that Republicans are a threat to the nation, and to our very form of government.

President Joe Biden:

"But as I stand here tonight, equality and democracy are under assault," he continued. "We do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise. So, tonight, I've come to this place where it all began, to speak as plainly as I can to the nation about the threats we face, about the power we have in our hands to meet these threats and about the incredible future that lies in front of us if only we choose it."

“Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.”

"It's not just Trump, it's the entire philosophy that underpins the - I'm going to say something, it's like semi-fascism."
And . . . because of that statement, did you see violence?

Did you see him lead a crowd to action?

Old 11-01-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have heard Biden say these things. I do not have to know Biden personally, to understand him when he says he supports allowing trans-women to compete in college and high school womens sporting events
That's the point I'm making.

I'm talking about how pervasive far left believers are, vs. far right believers.

That's the whole point.

You don't hear far left beliefs when you're out in public, or at a party, or a barbecue.

Because hardly anyone espouses them. You have to go to a news story to even encounter them.

Unlike far right conspiracy beliefs, you heard them in public all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies