Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 08:19 PM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Definitely. He just isn't thinking.

Shot himself in both feet when he should have been trying to repair the damage done by his inexplicable promotion and support of the COVID "vaccine" long after it was clear that it was useless and dangerous.

Both of these major blunders reflect poorly on his priorities and judgement generally.

Only if DeSantis fires back and I doubt he will. Nevertheless it was a stupid thing for Trump to say.

DeSantis? He's thinking about the long game. There's no need to make an enemy of Trump.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:21 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
I would still vote for Trump, reluctantly, but going after DeSantis right before an election is a dumb move. No other way to say it.

At least wait until the midterms are over. He makes himself look foolish with this stuff.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:23 PM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Conservative commentators who are typically Donald Trump's allies turned on the former president after he went after Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Saturday.

Trump mocked DeSantis as "Ron DeSanctimonious" while discussing the 2024 Republican presidential primary at a rally in Pennsylvania. The pair is widely considered to be the top contenders for the Republican nomination, though DeSantis has offered no indication he intends to run. Commentators called out Trump for creating division in the ranks just three days before the midterm elections.

"DeSantis is an extremely effective conservative governor who has had real policy wins and real cultural wins. Trump isn’t going to be able to take this one down with a dumb nickname. He better have more than that up his sleeve," wrote Matt Walsh, a commentator at The Daily Wire and a leading voice among social conservatives.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/som...rms-what-idiot

Cant the narcissist wait three days until he starts attacking Republicans again lol?
Trump is jelly because he knows Ron is a rising star in the conservative movement and will upstage him soon can't have that.

I think more and more have turned, and are turning against DJT. Many are still quiet about it. Perhaps more will be more vocal after the mid-terms.

Yes, divisive again....within his own party. Trump is all about himself.

Does Trump have more up his sleeve?

I don't think so.

I think even among the die-hard MAGA followers they're getting some fatique of DJT.

He has a Grandiose Narcissistic personality with Malevolent traits.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-07-2022 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Please do not use red font

Old 11-06-2022, 08:25 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, at the Miami rally tonight Trump told everyone to vote DeSantis for governor and Rubio for Senate so the so-called rivalry is probably just conjured up.
BINGO

This is not the first nor the last attempt by the left to try and start a war between the two people they hate, and want to destroy.
What better way to do it, than with fake news, hoping to spark a war between Trump & DeSantis.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:37 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Only if DeSantis fires back and I doubt he will. Nevertheless it was a stupid thing for Trump to say.

DeSantis? He's thinking about the long game. There's no need to make an enemy of Trump.

That's certainly a narrow view. There are millions more people than DeSantis making a judgement of that comment and the person making it. Those barbs are outstanding when used against the likes of Hillary, Cheney, or media morons. You don't direct them at someone of Ron DeSantis' stature and hope to continue to be taken seriously.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:47 PM

Interesting take on the Ron DeSanctimonious quip and those within the Rep establishment hoping to torpedo a Trump run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs3VRcVg54I

Old 11-06-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

That's certainly a narrow view. There are millions more people than DeSantis making a judgement of that comment and the person making it. Those barbs are outstanding when used against the likes of Hillary, Cheney, or media morons. You don't direct them at someone of Ron DeSantis' stature and hope to continue to be taken seriously.
No it isn't. Yes, the MSM now has the spark they were looking for but it only works if DeSantis takes the bait.

If DeSantis refuses to respond it'll be forgotten soon enough. Unless of course Trump continues to use it which I think would be a mistake. DeSantis isn't going to challenge him

Old 11-06-2022, 09:10 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
It's funny how Trump is so scared of DeSantis.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:12 PM

3,240 posts, read 3,198,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Desantis. President. Period.
Don’t hate me for wanting to keep him in Florida for the next 4 years.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:24 PM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's funny how Trump is so scared of DeSantis.
DeSantis is a concern for him that's for sure.

A Megadonor just publicly stated he's backing RD with funds.

I put up the article in the "Political" room next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies