Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 11:28 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
My lesson learned is that this country is completely doomed and there is no hope. Regardless if Republicans win the House and Senate, it’s still basically a split country.

Which means that half the country is perfectly fine with all the crime, violence, economic disaster, immorality in the schools and every facet of American life, not to mention having brain dead people like Biden and Fetterman serving in positions that they shouldn’t be in.

I’m not going to waste my time on this country anymore.
^ This is basically true.

1/2 the country will vote for their "side" no matter what. No matter the policies. No matter the results. It's party over results. It's party over country.

Now the other 1/2 the country will vote for their "side" no matter what. No matter the policies. No matter the results. It's party over results. It's party over country.

^ This leaves us in perpetual disappointment and failure.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:35 AM

Yes and what I claimed came true, if you read ALL the posts.

Democrats have lost the House. They lost the House because Biden is an epic failure and Democrat policies have failed.

The Senate was never really in play, given which seats were up. As I stated in another post, Republicans will take the Senate next election.

As I have been stating all along, nominating Trump is the surest way to ensure Democrats win the WH again in 2024.

I have also stated to never underestimate Republicans ability to snatch defeat from certain victory. Expect that to happen if Trump runs. If Trump wins the nomination, he will get smoked in epic fashion. If Trump runs, but does not win the nomination, he will ensure the one nominated doesn't win.

Trump is Kryptonite to Republicans chances. Dump him and dump him fast.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:42 AM

29,498 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The problem is the Republican party isn’t appealing to LGBT people and people who want abortions. Republicans are choosing the wrong hills to die on and need to stick to low cost of living, growth for businesses, deregulation, low taxes, strong borders, anti-criminal and so forth. So many people out there especially the young voters think that Republicans want to take their rights away and they are not wrong
I absolutely agree.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I don’t recall that. Do you have a link?

I do recall Trump claiming election fraud in 2016. He was upset he lost the popular vote. From an article dated August 2018:
Sure, here you go. Watch Hillary say it on camera for yourself. The fact you are totally unaware of this is just plain sad.

Hillary claims the election was stolen from her

Hillary claimed it in 2016 and Trump claimed it in 2020. Both were wrong.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Another lesson learned, take public health precautions seriously.

A significant population of Republicans were lost in Red states due to dying from Covid. A lot of you reading this right now know someone who died from it and probably didn’t believe in masks, vax, etc. That’s a lot of Republican voters lost to help the party.
Plenty of Republicans showed up and voted for DeSantis in HISTORIC numbers, Republican Senators in and a huge number of Republicans in statewide positions in Florida. They turned Florida from a purple state to the deepest of red state. Seems Republicans are a plenty and healthy enough to vote. I guess you are wrong.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
People get hostile when they lose, lesson learned

Old 11-09-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Would need to see the voting data broken down for each state to determine this. We can make assumptions in Florida given the heavy Latino population but those same areas have high black populations too, they could have voted for Desantis as well or just not voted at all, we don't know yet. We don't even know if Black and Latino voters turned out in many places across the country outside of Florida yet.

Its a bit early to jump to those conclusions nationally. Besides if it's that easy to say "forget the black voters" then did you really put forth a real effort in the first place? I hope you don't think nominating Hershall Walker would be enough, I bet most black voters would not him even if he was a Democrat, and Republicans in Georgia seem to skip him on the ballot as well in comparison to Kemp. That is a candidate problem.

It could have come down to suburban white women more than any other group in this election.
The numbers have been posted in Florida. You may want to look them up. Start with Miami-Dade County.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
People get hostile when they lose, lesson learned
That is true. I remember what the left did from 2016 to 2021. It was shocking.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:57 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

4) Latinos are where it's at for Republicans. They are a much bigger demographic and align much better with Republicans. See Florida.

6) Florida shows the proper path for Republicans to take if they want to win national elections. Seek the latino vote, give up on the black vote.
Do not make the mistake of assuming Latinos are a monolithic group.
Florida is one state and not how the future Latino will vote will go.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:57 AM

29,498 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
That is true. I remember what the left did from 2016 to 2021. It was shocking.
You beat me to that. It was shocking and sadly set the precedence going forward. I don't think we ever would have seen the riot on J6 had we never had those years of leftist violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies