Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 07:54 AM

8,637 posts, read 9,155,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
1 - good luck proving it
2 - no one is going to jail

The proof is overwhelming. A laptop that is still full of goodies. Oh, and then there's the business partners. I've never seen such evidence of a corrupt politician in my life.

Joe Biden will never go to jail, physically he's not going to be with us much longer anyway. But his son might, perhaps his crooked brother Jim. However, jail is not the only punishment awaiting them. Huge fines, a family legacy that would scar the Biden family for many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 08:51 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,248,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So this is the republican priority, not crime or inflation.

I think many of these people already testified, they could have questioned them at the hearings. Thisseems to be to appease the Freedom Crazy Caucus.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/republic...200515729.html
If something wasn't a priority for the Dem-led House, Senate, or POTUS ... why is it supposed to be important to the party who newly-holds but 1 chamber?

You do realize that ONLY the party in the majority chairs and thus schedules each committee and their hearings, and generally the witnesses?

Old 11-22-2022, 08:55 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,248,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
isn't it hilarious how democrats only now appear to be suddenly worried about crime and inflation? two weeks ago you won't find a single goodie post expressing concern about either of them.
now that Rs have the house, it's WHY ARENT THEY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT CRIME AND INFLATION?!

downright brazen, but they're just singing from the playbook to the choir.

also on yesterday's memo alert: "Post on social media 'I look forward to LGBTQ people having as many rights as an assault rifle' and 'LGBTQ people have a right to live more than you have a right to have an AR-15'"

Old 11-22-2022, 09:01 AM

57,413 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The proof is overwhelming. A laptop that is still full of goodies. Oh, and then there's the business partners. I've never seen such evidence of a corrupt politician in my life.

Joe Biden will never go to jail, physically he's not going to be with us much longer anyway. But his son might, perhaps his crooked brother Jim. However, jail is not the only punishment awaiting them. Huge fines, a family legacy that would scar the Biden family for many years.
Yes the evidence is so overwhelming that even Trump's hand picked US attorney Scott Brady couldn't find anything after meeting with Giuliani for several hours over two years ago in Pittsburgh. So what's different now other than they found an email where Hunter refers to the "Big Guy", sure take that to court.

Two US attorneys in two different states and nothing, but somehow the GOP house found the need to reinvestigate again.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:04 AM

6,392 posts, read 2,725,415 times
Quote:

I think many of these people already testified, they could have questioned them at the hearings. Thisseems to be to appease the Freedom Crazy Caucus.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/republic...200515729.html
So now the Democrats are concerned about crime or inflation

I thought that members of congress could multitask. At least that is what I recall being said by many when the democrats started all of the Investigations over Trump. So why can't we have these investigations and continue with their other legislation?

But if the Democrats are so worried about crime and inflation, they can work on all of the legislation they want, and hold all of the committee hearings they want. After all the Democrats still control the Senate. Perhaps if they come up with something actually worthwhile they may be able to get some Republicans in the House to support them.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:06 AM

57,413 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
If something wasn't a priority for the Dem-led House, Senate, or POTUS ... why is it supposed to be important to the party who newly-holds but 1 chamber?

You do realize that ONLY the party in the majority chairs and thus schedules each committee and their hearings, and generally the witnesses?
There is really no solution to inflation, that hasn't stopped republicans from blaming democrats for the last 2 years. I would hope they have a solution to immigration that certainly was high on their list. But this is their focus right 2 weeks after the election.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:12 AM

18,531 posts, read 8,331,509 times
Quote:

Kavanaugh?......what are you afraid they will find?

Old 11-22-2022, 09:20 AM

862 posts, read 685,035 times
And the tit for tat continues ....forever

Old 11-22-2022, 09:20 AM

25,887 posts, read 12,918,172 times
I want the FBI SWAT teams to attack every one of their homes in the mddle of the night w/ 50+ agents, terrorizing their families, and dragging them off in handcuffs.

I want their homes damaged/ransacked during the search for cell phones, computers, and docs.

I want FOX News and OAN to be there on site of each take down...live feeds to tv and web.

That is ALL Libs in DC understand....eye for an eye.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,067,920 times
Human nature loves the tit for tat.

American voters see Republicans campaign on solving inflation, immigration, etc...and what do they get --- hearings.

I'm not fussed about it. If in all those hearings they find criminal activity -- then fine.

But in the meantime -- what's the solution for inflation, immigration, health care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies