Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 11:33 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,256,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Funny that was started by Trump. Need I bring up the posts saying the stimulus would cause inflation when the first talks of the initial stimulus was broached in March/April 2020? Trump has a second stimulus check in December and actually wanted the checks to be larger which lead to the Biden stimulus check early in 2021...
Except Sleepy Joe extended it, added more money to it, let folks live rent free, and then tried to extend it again when there were already sOOO many jobs available….and so funny how he promised a stimmy right before the election to get folks to vote for him and then put an income limit on it….and Sleepy Joe hasn’t stopped handing out hUUUge money since, including wanting to relieve student loans…but muh because Trump, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 11:38 AM

43,258 posts, read 18,396,803 times
That inflation reduction bill has several NEW taxes hitting Jan 1.

And those taxes on food, energy, health, retail will most certainly be passed on to us.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:48 AM

6,757 posts, read 3,381,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So this is the republican priority, not crime or inflation.

I think many of these people already testified, they could have questioned them at the hearings. This seems to be to appease the Freedom Crazy Caucus.
The GOP has a plan for both crime & inflation, but where are these plans going to go with the empty-headed Biden in charge? And with the dimwit Democrats calling the shots (now) where are THEIR plans for crime and inflation? This is THEIR responsibility for the time being.

Only 42 Biden officials testifying? That seems like a low number.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:54 AM

43,258 posts, read 18,396,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The link I gave said it would reduce 305 billion reduction in 9 years?

I don't know how they figure that out.

And have we had any debt reduction in the last 5, 6, 7, 8 years?
Why not go directly to the source for the right information....like the CBO ???

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/58366

CBO estimates that enacting this legislation would result in a net decrease in the deficit totaling $90 billion over the 2022-2031 perio

Old 11-22-2022, 12:14 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,842,106 times
Quote:

I think many of these people already testified, they could have questioned them at the hearings. Thisseems to be to appease the Freedom Crazy Caucus.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/republic...200515729.html
I wonder if they will choose not to partake, lol.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:14 PM

23,823 posts, read 12,670,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I wonder if they will choose not to partake, lol.
Naturally. The D's and their media have been lying about and obstructing the Hunter laptop matter from the get-go and they still are. Weird that you think it's funny though.

"Biden family has 150+ ‘suspicious activity reports’ but Treasury ‘obstructing’ release says House GOP"
https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...ays-house-gop/

Old 11-22-2022, 01:45 PM

4,932 posts, read 2,074,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
1 - good luck proving it
2 - no one is going to jail

So basically, you’re saying that it is OK for a president or Vice President of the US to break the law by selling out the country for millions of dollars?! Is that what you’re trying to say?? If so, don’t you find it a little hypocritical if you’re fine with the non-stop and current investigations into Trump, but Biden should get a free pass no matter what?

Also, are you OK with a compromised presidency that could force the US into a war? If you’re OK with that, are you OK with our boys and girls dying on foreign lands to protect a criminal in the Whitehouse? I truly hope not cuz that is so wrong.

I agree with you that nobody, hut Hunter, isn’t going to prison, but I support getting the truth out on corruption at the highest levels within the government. Even if, by a freak chance Hunter is convicted of a felony, daddy Biden will automatically pardon him BEFORE he serves one hour in custody.

Unlike the Left, I would like the truth to be known and these hearings are needed to document this criminal activity since the media will not do their job in reporting the truth since for six years now, they have been suppressing the truth to support their own agenda.

Honestly, if Trump is guilty of anything than I want him to be investigated. Here is a moment of truth, Trump has been under investigation since 2016 AND they haven’t found any criminal wrong doing. As for those “secret” documents, every president has done the same thing. Heck, Bill Clinton hide Top Secret documents in his sock drawer and Obama had to return several documents as well.

If you like to live a lie, fine, but I prefer the truth, for better or worse.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:54 PM

25,893 posts, read 12,926,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Human nature loves the tit for tat.

American voters see Republicans campaign on solving inflation, immigration, etc...and what do they get --- hearings.

I'm not fussed about it. If in all those hearings they find criminal activity -- then fine.

But in the meantime -- what's the solution for inflation, immigration, health care?
The Dems wont cooperate with ANY real inititiative the Pubs have right now anyways...might as well investigatte the heck out of the Libs to see if we can put any of them away, & sway voters away from them before Nov 2024.

Do unto others....how does it feel?

The Dem controlled Senate will block anything the Pubs try to do, except when the continuing resolutions are needed...then they are best pals for a few days. That is the only time we'll see anything real get done over the next 2 years...we have a stalemate because the Dems won't have an open dialogue on how to fix anything.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:04 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,072 times
Quote:

I think many of these people already testified, they could have questioned them at the hearings. Thisseems to be to appease the Freedom Crazy Caucus.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/republic...200515729.html
Not the "Republican Party".
The House Judiciary and Oversight Committes of the chamber the Republicans will control.
That's the job of those Committes. They are not forming a new or separate Committe (like the Jan 6th Committe)...they are doing the normal work of standard House Committes.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,947,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except Sleepy Joe extended it, added more money to it, let folks live rent free, and then tried to extend it again when there were already sOOO many jobs available….and so funny how he promised a stimmy right before the election to get folks to vote for him and then put an income limit on it….and Sleepy Joe hasn’t stopped handing out hUUUge money since, including wanting to relieve student loans…but muh because Trump, lol
But Trump started it. People like you are insisting inflation was ALL Biden's doing. Why do you keep lying? When are you going to stop lying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies