Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 05:12 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are deflecting and that doesn't answer the question, what is the republican plan on immigration.
So, this is the dems screwed up, but what now are the repubs going to do?

Quote:
They have made many trips to the border for photo ops over the last 2 years, showed videos of immigrants coming over the border,
Are they not true?

Quote:
had yours on gun boats on the Rio Grande.
Back this up please, this sounds like the Border Patrol on horse are whipping people. I'll wait on this one.

Quote:
If it's so bad they should have a plan. Kevin McCarthy just made another photo OP trip to Texas today to complain about immigration, sure that accomplished a lot.
Call it a photo op or whatever you'd like, our current president has not been there and our current vp ,the BORDER CZAR has yet to go to the actual border.

Quote:
Solution? Be specific.
Why should I be specific? Your democratic held congress (that means the house and the senate) could not provide any solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 05:24 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,970 times
It's going to be fun watching the far-right try so hard to find dirt on Joe Biden and come up empty-handed

Old 11-22-2022, 05:27 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's going to be fun watching the far-right try so hard to find dirt on Joe Biden and come up empty-handed
Well, give us 6+ years and then get back with us, ok

Old 11-22-2022, 05:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Been fun watching Dems goosechase because Trump for 6+ years and they still can’t get him. Going to be even more fun watching the shoe being on the other foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, give us 6+ years and then get back with us, ok
Bingo…how quickly they forget, lol

Old 11-22-2022, 06:44 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,206,328 times
Quote:
There is really no solution to inflation, that hasn't stopped republicans from blaming democrats for the last 2 years. I would hope they have a solution to immigration that certainly was high on their list. But this is their focus right 2 weeks after the election.
politically, about the greatest time our country has ever seen in 90% of our lifetimes was 1995 and the Contract with America.

*The Republicans spelled it out - said what they'd do. The Republicans took Congress based upon the will of the people. And Clinton realized he had to work WITH them to do anything.*

There is absolutely a solution to inflation.

If there weren't, then it wouldn't be one of the 2 (only) goals of the Fed - a goal they've met in ~38 of the last 42 years.

Inflation is quite simply too much money chasing too few goods (at a given cost).

1. Quit giving out - or forgiving - money. I heard someone amazingly say the senile sonofabitch has extended the student loan pause yet again, without any actual financial reason.

2. Per above, we've already made the cost of money enough at the moment to keep people from borrowing just to spend. (The generic) You may not like that your revolving credit interest is going from 8% to 18% for that designer doodad you bought, but now you own that expense.

3. Now let's look at the costs. My oh my, what is a very large cost on many goods? Either energy in production (including raw materials) or energy in delivery. So how are you going to NOW reduce that cost? Produce more energy at a lower or more stable cost than we're buying it now.

that's just the first 3 things anybody with a clue about the economy would do. Especially when you consider not a single one of the 3 requires Congressional approval, per the policies the Biden WH has put in place.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:49 PM

* are Democrats magically of the belief that it was Clinton by himself who crafted the last projected or actual budget surplus?

Do y'all not know where the budget originates and how it works?

Old 11-22-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
of course i am. it was a hilariously misnamed ridiculous piece of garbage that feeds inflation.

but i'll bet you just loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
This stuff must not be taught in schools anymore with so many people lauding a spending bill to "bring down inflation" from Congress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
IT was a bad name.

THe bill itself had lots of tax credits, etc...but how much of it was actual cash outlay by the govt.

I ask with sincerity. I've been trying to figure that out.

And does the claim that it will reduce the deficit substantially mean anything.

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/whats-inf...-reduction-act
essentially "all" of the budget scoring outfits said "won't do anything to reduce inflation".

People may have even noted after these declarations, it was referred to as the "Climate and Energy Bill".

And that's basically how it was passed.

They greased Manchin with a $1B+ pipeline through WVa. They got Synema with a "oh no, we won't increase 'hedge fund income tax'".

And it wasn't until it passed that they began calling it the "Inflation Reduction Act" again.

See, by then the MSM had quit reporting all those budget scorers saying it wouldn't help inflation. And THEIR White House had said it was the Inflation Reduction Act, and so thus it was.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
IT was a bad name.

THe bill itself had lots of tax credits, etc...but how much of it was actual cash outlay by the govt.

I ask with sincerity. I've been trying to figure that out.

And does the claim that it will reduce the deficit substantially mean anything.

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/whats-inf...-reduction-act
Perhaps someone has given you a real/detailed answer. I'll see.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
so in a decade.....deficits will be reduced about $200 something billion

is there anyone really stupid enough to fall for that one?

...in a decade, the dems ^1 will increase the deficit ^2 $trillions
well, you've got a couple of things wrong, as numbered ...

1. The Republicans have also not passed any budget that would actually reduce the DEFICIT.

2. You're talking about the DEBT increasing trillions, hopefully not the annual deficit (though under Obama and Trump and Biden we've had individual year deficits, without Covid, of $1T+)

Old 11-22-2022, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But Trump started it. People like you are insisting inflation was ALL Biden's doing. Why do you keep lying? When are you going to stop lying?
We could explain it to you, again, since we started explaining in fall 2020 (yes, even before the election).

But since you and yours either ignored or chose to not believe then, what's the purpose of trying again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies