Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 05:14 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
If you think security lines are long now, imagine a scenario when they need to see every person’s ammo to make sure it’s not the sort to cause cabin depressurization when someone misses a couple of shots.
I was being sarcastic. Lol arming every passenger is a crazy idea. It amuses me that somebody actually went through the thought process of how it would actually work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 05:15 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Just make sure everybody on the plane has a gun. If the shooting starts the good guy with a gun can open his clip. Problem solved.
Uh, nope. I am pro-2A, but having people armed on aircraft is a bad idea. I for one don't want to be in an aluminum can at 30,000 feet during a gunfight. Can you imagine all the yahoos shooting in every direction as the plane loses pressure and starts to fall out of the sky? Hard no for me.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:17 PM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Air Marshals being diverted to the Border? I thought these "migrants" were Walking 1000 miles over dead bodies to get across the Border? What is an AIR Marshal going to do? .
....cooking classes

Biden would rather choke on his own vomit than admit we need a wall

what these """"migrats"""" are costing us....we could have built a million walls

Old 11-28-2022, 05:35 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Uh, nope. I am pro-2A, but having people armed on aircraft is a bad idea. I for one don't want to be in an aluminum can at 30,000 feet during a gunfight. Can you imagine all the yahoos shooting in every direction as the plane loses pressure and starts to fall out of the sky? Hard no for me.
Many people feel the same way about being in public.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:36 PM

23,649 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Again your being overly generous of what people know or what they'll try, I think 5% is also over generous but that is including International Flight but who knows.
And you are being overly stingy. The article seemed to say that the percentage of air marshals on domestic flights is greater than on international flights.

Quote:
Based on all the stories that seem to have made the news in the last year none of them were resolved with an Air Marshall , all the culprits seem to be subdued by passengers and crew.
That they're saying anyway. Has the government had a track record of crowing about air marshals every single time an air marshal handled a problem on a flight? It doesn't seem so.

Quote:
I don't think anything will stop drunk idiots and those with an inflated sense of entitlement but vigilance by the TSA in screening will go a lot farther in ensuring safety for all the flights.
The drunk idiots, probably not. Those who go in intending to do harm maybe. If a fox knows, or has a strong reason to believe, there is no guard dog in the hen house then they might hit it.

Imo, the TSA agents who scan passengers in the airports are the first line of defense, the air marshals on the planes are the second line of defense. As was mentioned in one of the links, Biden* could hire average citizens to do what he's having the air marshals now doing. Are you okay with Biden having the air marshals hold illegals hands at the southern border instead of being the second line of defense on flights and instead of hiring average citizens to hold the illegals hands?

Old 11-28-2022, 05:48 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
BidenAdmin not answering inquiries.

The incidents are ramping up.

Everyone is an air marshall now.

Why does the BidenAdmin hate Americans?

Old 11-28-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
....cooking classes

Biden would rather choke on his own vomit than admit we need a wall

what these """"migrats"""" are costing us....we could have built a million walls
Lol, yep. Seriously though, at over $100 billion a year of taxpayer funds going for the care of illegals, and probably much more under Biden*, it would likely be at least 20 well-built walls, well-staffed and with every electronic gizmo under the sun.

Old 11-28-2022, 06:09 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Biden* is removing the air marshals from flights and sending them to the southern border to babysit illegals.

Quote:
"We have been decimated. We have been depleted. We're on less than 1% of flights. These ground-based duties that they're pulling us out of the sky to go to the border are just demolishing our chances at stopping another 9/11."

Labosco said Americans will suffer because many believe they're safe in the presence of a trained air marshal, but "they're just simply not."

"We actually wrote him another letter over the weekend because we had a level four and a level three incident. Level four means that they tried to breach the cockpit. Level three, we had two of those, which means there were life-threatening behaviors on one of those aircraft. An individual had a straight razor to a passenger's throat. So these are very serious incidents."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/air-ma...op-another-911
Okay, Geraldo. Why don't you draw a map in the sand to show the enemy exactly where we are.

WHY would they talk about this to the media? WHY would the media report this? Are they hoping something happens? Government feels it doesn't have enough power? Needs to start something so they can assert more over the people when something happens?

What, exactly, is the point of blurting this out to the entire world?

If you want to keep a country safe, you don't blabber on about how some steps in security are lacking.

Old 11-28-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Okay, Geraldo. Why don't you draw a map in the sand to show the enemy exactly where we are.

WHY would they talk about this to the media? WHY would the media report this? Are they hoping something happens? Government feels it doesn't have enough power? Needs to start something so they can assert more over the people when something happens?

What, exactly, is the point of blurting this out to the entire world?

If you want to keep a country safe, you don't blabber on about how some steps in security are lacking.
It was all supposed to be a secret?
Our enemies don't have moles and they all completely rely on our media for intel?

Old 11-28-2022, 06:36 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And you are being overly stingy. The article seemed to say that the percentage of air marshals on domestic flights is greater than on international flights.

That they're saying anyway. Has the government had a track record of crowing about air marshals every single time an air marshal handled a problem on a flight? It doesn't seem so.

The drunk idiots, probably not. Those who go in intending to do harm maybe. If a fox knows, or has a strong reason to believe, there is no guard dog in the hen house then they might hit it.

Imo, the TSA agents who scan passengers in the airports are the first line of defense, the air marshals on the planes are the second line of defense. As was mentioned in one of the links, Biden* could hire average citizens to do what he's having the air marshals now doing. Are you okay with Biden having the air marshals hold illegals hands at the southern border instead of being the second line of defense on flights and instead of hiring average citizens to hold the illegals hands?
I haven't commented on what their doing other than to say Federal Marshall Training is just that regardless of placement.

The article is based on a program director of an organization with 7 employees, like a lobby group, not a union, not a government agency. To push an agenda and then go on the social media circuit while waiting for a response does nothing to reinforce their position.

Air Marshals still exist as they have since the 1960's, when and where they are we'll never know but having a manning level to cover most flights will probally never happen in my lifetime or yours. As for the allegations of their current roles there's no proof other than hearsay from a poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies