Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 05:08 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

It's been 48 hours. So far, haven't seen any video released or statements that they're going through video.

Considering how carefully Walmart and other businesses monitor their stores, it's a little surprising if the city doesn't have video surveillance on their power substations. Talk about vulnerable.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Sheriff Fields said the shooters "knew exactly what they were doing". So not just a couple crackpots out to try to damage something.

https://apnews.com/article/crime-nor...467b55c222717a

Old 12-05-2022, 08:49 PM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
As of this instance, no suspect or motive has been announced by police. It is anyones guess. It is suspiciuos, but at this time nobody knows who did this or why, intentionally or inadvertently.

The timing is certainly suspicious.

Old 12-06-2022, 04:01 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
As of this instance, no suspect or motive has been announced by police. It is anyones guess. It is suspiciuos, but at this time nobody knows who did this or why, intentionally or inadvertently.

The timing is certainly suspicious.
Sounds to me like another FBI operation to support their "right wing terror" false narrative.

Old 12-06-2022, 05:53 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Rural environment, "power" station with no security other than a chain link fence and maybe some razor wire. Saturday night, locals bored, so instead of shooting out street light bulbs they took a couple pot shots at a transformer or something in a power station just to see the resulting sparks.

It's not all that sophisticated IMHO.

Old 12-06-2022, 05:55 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Default Governor Cooper: Moore County power grid attack looked at as act of domestic terrorism.

https://abc11.com/moore-county-nc-ou...r-in/12532232/

Quote:

Duke Energy are also doing their part, but say they do not want to reveal any security measures. But an ex-FBI agent says it does appear that there are high quality cameras at the substations that could help investigators crack the case.

"I'm always concerned about critical infrastructure and we certainly need to learn from this incident as to what we may need to do because these kinds of things cannot happen," Gov. Cooper said.

He added this attack is being looked at as an act of domestic terrorism.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:06 AM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Meh. It's North Carolina. Probably a couple of good ol' boys out drinking in their Eff-One-Fiddy and thought it would be cool to take some shots at a transformer. Rural areas are littered with traffic signs riddled with bullet holes. Bubba loves shootin' stuff.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:33 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
According to CNN, the FBI has officially oined the investigation into the shooting of several power substations in Moore County, North Carolina.

FBI joins investigation into North Carolina power outage caused by ‘intentional’ attacks on substations

With a motive still unclear at this time, this is a prime candidate for a Politics or Other Controversies thread. Republicans cannot cry about the "summer or love" protests on one hand then try to ride and hide when their side does he same thing. Emily Grace, whom police questioned briefly on Saturday night, has not shied away from making public posts on her Facebook page concerning the power outage which she claims was God's work.

I will hand her one thing. Her bonkers posts are making me see that evil does indeed exist.

Emily Grace
My conclusion: Our whackos are way hotter than your whackos!

Btw, wouldn't it make more sense that this would be the work of climate activists?

Old 12-06-2022, 06:49 AM

10,854 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
What we know. Moore County in North Carolina remains mostly in the dark tonight after someone shot up several power substations.

In addition to the curfew, schools are closed on Monday and Tuesday. Hospitals have been affected. There was at least one wreck caused by the power outage. If things are not back to normal soon, officials are expecting cooler weather to start by the end of the week.

So who did this? No one knows yet. But they have been questioning folks.

Crazy times. I hope there was no political motivation by whoever did this.

Latest update: Attack by ‘cowards’ could leave Moore County without power for days

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article269579392.html#storylink=cpy

Well, if the FBI is involved then they think there is a political motivation.

That somewhere, hidden, is a drag show as an excuse to turn out the lights for what they thought would be zillions of people ok, but as far as political motivations go "Im gonna show those planet killers what power and modern conveniences do to us by forcing them to live primitive" would not be the first time ever, hell would not be the first time this year, that sabotage was leveraged against our infrastructure.

I am kinda curious exactly what they shot up tho...

Old 12-06-2022, 07:00 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Well, if the FBI is involved then they think there is a political motivation.

That somewhere, hidden, is a drag show as an excuse to turn out the lights for what they thought would be zillions of people ok, but as far as political motivations go "Im gonna show those planet killers what power and modern conveniences do to us by forcing them to live primitive" would not be the first time ever, hell would not be the first time this year, that sabotage was leveraged against our infrastructure.
If this was England I can see it happening. Those climate whackos escalating from soup on paintings.

It would be funny if there was absolutely no political motivation at all.

And imagining whoever did it pooping their pants right now, like,..omg. the FBI are looking for me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies