Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 03:21 PM

5,938 posts, read 2,762,114 times

Advertisements

What goes up....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 03:27 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I did play it cool while people I knew panicked. I lost about 10% and within a year gained more than that back.
So many conservatives stayed political back then defending Bush because. I suspect most of those investors lost heavily.

I and my advisors sensed very real and very severe trouble ahead, and placed me in my most defensive investment positions of my investment lifetime dating back to the '70's. I remodeled instead of buying a new house. My losses were low and have assets have seen major upturn since then.

Old 12-09-2022, 03:42 PM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Blackrock has an agenda, so why would anyone listen to them?

Old 12-09-2022, 03:43 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
2023 will mark the beginning of a worldwide economic depression far more severe than the Great Depression.

The world hit peak oil production in 2018. Peak oil production is peak global economic growth. Economic growth depends on the increase in oil production. There cannot be growth in the economy without increasing oil production- and if the economy isn't growing, it's collapsing due to the amount of debt in the system that cannot be repaid.

Basically, the entire Ponzi scheme is bound to collapse and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

It's over.
Prove it. I'm with you in concept, but prove that we are past the peak in the sense that you're talking about.

Also, again, our rulers are deliberately suppressing the use of natural gas and coal with the intent to wreck the economy and impoverish the public, which just makes things worse, faster.

Old 12-09-2022, 03:43 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
The thing that concerns me about this is that Blackrock isnt an investment company. They are a very big, very powerful group of investors with a global political agenda. So if they are saying a recession is coming what they are saying is they WANT a recession. They have decided that is what best meets their political goals.

and remember they have TRILLIONS of dollars to push things in whatever direction they want.

Old 12-09-2022, 03:44 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
you said it just before me. But why listen? because they have the power and the money and the control of governments around the world to make what they want, happen.

Old 12-09-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Because Blackrock's agenda involves things like creating "a recession like no other".

Old 12-09-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is all manufactured on a global basis.

We gave money to people to not work, and not produce - and we locked down the economy for numerous months.
Right. The Covid lockdowns cost the US about about $10 trillion, or $30,000 per person.

Old 12-09-2022, 04:09 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbaldunp View Post
Maybe I am.

But conservatives seem to have gone the way of shilling for corpos like Elon musk.

The government is supposed to protect us not just from foreign military invasions but also from big corporations. It protects the wealthy instead.

That’s my problem.

When the wealthy gets bailed out, nobody bats an eye. When the poor get any semblance of a bail out. Like a measly check that gives them a temporary boost, everyone loses their minds.
Dude the government is the wealthy. Look at the multimillionaires in Congress and Presidency who only worked for the government their whole careers. Both Dems and Repubs.

Look at the 87k IRS agents hired to make sure those making $600 a year self employed pay their taxes while tax loop holes remain

Old 12-09-2022, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbaldunp View Post
When the wealthy gets bailed out, nobody bats an eye. When the poor get any semblance of a bail out. Like a measly check that gives them a temporary boost, everyone loses their minds.
You can't be serious. NO ONE wants the wealthy to be bailed out. NO ONE supported TARP. This is not a democracy, bud. What the people want makes very little difference. And you agree with those last two propositions, so what's your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies