Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 02:12 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,123,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
This was student's art, and its just flags. The school is for 4-6 graders, I dont think its inappropriate for a 6th grader, I was very much interested in sex in the 6th grade. I have seen content that was inappropriate I dont this is that at all.
Did it occur to you that sometimes people skip a grade and are a year younger than their peers? I turned 11 halfway through 6th grade. It was over a year later after I got my period that I had any real curiosity, and it wasn’t really a desire for sex itself. That doesn’t even touch on the fact that not everyone goes through puberty at the same time, and younger children should be protected from older ones as well. It’s a maturity issue.

All that said, being aware of deviant sexual behaviors at a young age leads to nothing but trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 02:15 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Because normal people, without an agenda, do not participate in public spectacles. They deal with things using the proper channels.

If I have a problem with my husband, I do not post it on social media, it is dealt with like adults. If I have a problem at work, I do not post it on social media. I use the proper channels.
No, this is a very different situation. It is something the public needs to know about. Telling the public is the adult thing to do.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:38 PM

6,744 posts, read 3,018,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
the Security Forces working with multiple state and local law enforcement agencies to monitor the situation
what does that really entail? Blackhawks above her house?! There is no way military assets are being used over a woman's FB page that wasn't even close to inciting violence. And the higher ups got involved because it was one of their own that blew this up, so yeah, they had to make a statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
And, no, calling the police about a concerned parent is not something anyone but a total psycho would "normally" do -- or *ever* do.
I didn't say you'd 'Normally" do that,..read again. I meant any normal person, as in civilian, has the ability to call police. Meaning, it isn't anything special that some Major called that a normal person couldn't either.

Old 12-12-2022, 09:17 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,290,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
This was student's art, and its just flags. The school is for 4-6 graders, I dont think its inappropriate for a 6th grader, I was very much interested in sex in the 6th grade. I have seen content that was inappropriate I dont this is that at all.
You may have been interested in sex in 6th grade but most kids aren't, unless of course sex and sexuality is being marketed to them via posters about being polysexual and whatnot. Yes, it's marketing. And your interest doesn't demand any discussion about it at school either.

Old 12-13-2022, 01:54 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,335,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You may have been interested in sex in 6th grade but most kids aren't,
That's so ... naive.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:04 AM

37,158 posts, read 42,290,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's so ... naive.
Nope. I'm not saying no kids are thinking about it or even being active, there has always been some, but I am saying that marketing it to them pushes people towards it even when it wouldn't have occurred to them otherwise. So does childhood sexual abuse, sexual imagery, talk of sex and gender from an early age which seems to be the current happening. It's not something the majority of 6th grade brains really have a grasp on yet but we are pushing more and more complex issues on them. Telling them they have "options". Inviting them to "explore" their feelings about gender and sex. It's part of why so many young teens and preteens are messed up and confused about themselves.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,160,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nope. I'm not saying no kids are thinking about it or even being active, there has always been some, but I am saying that marketing it to them pushes people towards it even when it wouldn't have occurred to them otherwise. So does childhood sexual abuse, sexual imagery, talk of sex and gender from an early age which seems to be the current happening. It's not something the majority of 6th grade brains really have a grasp on yet but we are pushing more and more complex issues on them. Telling them they have "options". Inviting them to "explore" their feelings about gender and sex. It's part of why so many young teens and preteens are messed up and confused about themselves.
You are absolutely correct and i feel its all about grooming.
Heck even online games like, "Call of Duty" have removed the American flag and put 22 LGBT skittles flags to be used as ID markers. Bunch of sick woke snowflakes.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:26 AM

30,340 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I looked at the posters, and couldn't see anything saying poly or pansexual. It's a big wall, so I can't see everything. The
"worst" I can find is rainbow colors in some.
They are both to the left of the letter L, just under it.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:27 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,430,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
And...that's why I changed my post.

The suggestion is that the response was to her, and not the possibility that her (rightful) complaints might attract a nutjobs attention. For example, the guy Alex Jones talked into going to a Pizza parlor to rescue kids from a non-existant basement.

Free speech doesn't get repealed because a lunatic might do something.

Old 12-13-2022, 05:00 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,626,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Free speech doesn't get repealed because a lunatic might do something.
Unfortunately, in reality, it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies