Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2022, 03:59 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,381,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
Elizabeth Warren was simply repeating family stories she had heard growing up. Anyone who has done enough Genealogy Research and hangs around Genealogy Groups and watches videos know that claiming to have Native American (especially Cherokee) Most Common family story/lore/myth/lie there is in Geneogly/Family history.

The verdict is still out (I believe) on whether warren has Native American. A DNA test did show none but that does not necessarily mean she has none. Could just be she did not inherit that DNA and that may be further back in her family tree than she may have thought. Was it wrong or her to use it in the way she did without proof to back it up? Yes but as far as we know about her background and life everything else is true. Not comparable to Santos either, his lies are much worse. But have always claimed to have this or that (usually based on Family stories or other reasons), people use to say they were Swedish to hide the fact they were German.

Saying your grandparents were Jewish and survived the holocaust when it is not true, is much worse IMO! On top of that saying his mom died on 9/11. Those are outright intentional lies.
Also Warren didn't lie about her teaching positions and scholarships at University of Texas and her extensive work for government agencies, she was qualified. Right now Santos appears to have worked at a call center and some real questionable experience at some vague financial firm. Beyond the lies he doesn't appear to have any qualifications.

People voted for Santos because he was Jewish and had grandparents that escaped the holocaust, because he worked at Goldman Sachs, because he graduated college and his mother was killed on 9/11.

Last edited by Goodnight; 12-29-2022 at 04:40 PM..

Old 12-29-2022, 05:26 PM

23,640 posts, read 17,322,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well this is an interesting one. Incoming Republican Congressman George Santos of NY-3 has a number of questions on his biography in which there seems to be no records to indicate. This is my district FWIW.

https://news.yahoo.com/rep-elect-geo...130033319.html
If they make this guy resign then Adam schiff has to be forced out as well. anything less is corrupted justice!

Old 12-29-2022, 05:26 PM

29,622 posts, read 16,629,475 times
Quote:
Elizabeth Warren was simply repeating family stories she had heard growing up. Anyone who has done enough Genealogy Research and hangs around Genealogy Groups and watches videos know that claiming to have Native American (especially Cherokee) Most Common family story/lore/myth/lie there is in Geneogly/Family history.

The verdict is still out (I believe) on whether warren has Native American. A DNA test did show none but that does not necessarily mean she has none. Could just be she did not inherit that DNA and that may be further back in her family tree than she may have thought also the possibility an ancestor (in the line where Native American said to come from) in her tree is not the father of one of her ancestor. Was it wrong or her to use it in the way she did without proof to back it up? Yes but as far as we know about her background and life everything else is true. Not comparable to Santos either, his lies are much worse. But have always claimed to have this or that (usually based on Family stories or other reasons), people use to say they were Swedish to hide the fact they were German.
No, it said she did have Native genetic markers equivalent to 1/64th which would be 8 to 10 generations back.

im not deep into genealogy, i dont know the difference between a DNA test and a genetic markers test. but it seems the argument that she had no Native DNA comes from the fact that she didnt technically take a DNA test.

Old 12-29-2022, 05:32 PM

675 posts, read 508,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, it said she did have Native genetic markers equivalent to 1/64th which would be 8 to 10 generations back.

im not deep into genealogy, i dont know the difference between a DNA test and a genetic markers test. but it seems the argument that she had no Native DNA comes from the fact that she didnt technically take a DNA test.
You are right. I stand corrected, I just looked it up again, and did indeed show the possibility of there being Native American DNA in her.

You are probably right on last part.

Old 12-29-2022, 05:45 PM

78,734 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

First off, great sourcing...oh wait, you didn't source anything...Hmmmm I wonder why? Oh yeah it's because you're making up crap.

1. Yep, had a DNA test.

2. Yep 6-10 years back so at best, 1.5% or so and at worst...0.1%

1/2 ^ 6 = 64

1/2^ 8 = 256

1/2^ 10 = 1,024

Stop making crap up, not sourcing it and hoping nobody calls you out as you lay down a partisan smoke screen.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/th...rens-dna-test/

P.S. The only accurate thing about your post was why arbitrary imposition of rules around lying are worthless. We can always find someone to come along and layer on another lie.

Old 12-29-2022, 05:50 PM

78,734 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Quote:
You are right. I stand corrected, I just looked it up again, and did indeed show the possibility of there being Native American DNA in her.

You are probably right on last part.
Errr, you got jobbed.

Also, source your posts.

P.S. Did you look up the margin of error on the tests? Or just assume there was none. Maybe go look that up and let us all know?

Old 12-29-2022, 05:50 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,388,584 times
Now the high school he says he attended never heard of him? Who is this guy, really?

Old 12-29-2022, 05:54 PM

5,593 posts, read 2,329,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Biden told everyone publicly his son died in Iraq. Not once but several times now.
Link?

Old 12-29-2022, 06:08 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,799,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Link?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....da-speech/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.was...eau-died-iraq/

Old 12-29-2022, 06:24 PM

35,805 posts, read 18,137,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Now the high school he says he attended never heard of him? Who is this guy, really?
I don't know. It just gets weirder and weirder. His sister shifts her name too - although apparently her correct name appears in her mother's obituary from 2016. Since then, she's dropped her last name and used her first and middle names as her entire name, and also has mysteriously named herself Santos after that.

George's wife's name is either Santos Uadla, or Uadla Santos, and she has members of her family named Dossantos. It seems George adopted the Santos name when he became associated with Uadla. And so did his sister.

Really bizarre.

EQUALLY bizarre, in her obituary, his mother's age at the time of her death is 10 years off.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obit...volder-7225765
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies