Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 05:17 PM

22,571 posts, read 12,137,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Whether they be Italian, British, French, German or from any country throughout the world. If they enter our country illegally they have no business being here in the first place and all should be deported. It just so happens that Mexico shares a border with the United States which makes it a lot easier for Mexicans, Central and South Americans to invade our nation without having to cross an ocean. That's why there's more of them, in fact a lot more of them invading our country. Unfortunately because of that Hispanics get a bad rap especially those that are here legally but speak no English. People just assume that they are here illegally. Because of that many Hispanics are infuriated to be lumped in with those who are here illegally. I would be too.

Those Hispanics that were born and raised here, lived here for generations and those that immigrated here legally are just as American as anyone else. I grew up and went to school with many of them and they weren't treated any different than the rest of us. They also spoke perfect English and did so for generations. In fact many had to be taught to learn Spanish if they chose to do so. When I was in High School we had to learn either basic Spanish or French in order to graduate. I chose Spanish but was terrible at it and just barely passed. I think that the whole country would be better off if we just forget about where our ancestors came from originally and just be Americans. Multiculturalism is not a good thing and only brings about hatred, division and distrust which will eventually lead to the demise of our great nation.
I couldn't rep you again...but...very well said My father was bilingual but he never spoke to us kids in Spanish. What we learned, we learned in school.

Old 12-27-2022, 05:31 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,583,515 times
Ok, I have to chime in on this. First of all, Biden is following the "immigration policy." The immigrants are allowed to enter our country to seek asylum because their country is dangerous. That's for starters here.

I don't like what I'm seeing as well at the border. I'm glad I do not live in El Paso.

Americans are complaining and pointing their fingers in every which way. The bottom line is this, the immigration policy needs to be fixed or updated. Several Presidents Republicans and Democrats have had opportunities to do this. Trump was just in office for 4 years, why didn't he put through a policy? He thought building a wall would take care of it. That's just a deterrent.

For those of you that are calling these people illegal invaders, isn't true. The law says they are allowed to seek asylum here. For those of you stating that there are homeless people here in the US, what are you doing to help them?

So, the next time it comes time to reelect a new congressperson, President etc., ask him/her, "What policy are you coming up with to solve this border problem?" You can build a wall, but that just doesn't change the policy of them coming to the US. It seems to me, that someone needs to let these people know before they leave their countries that we do not have accommodations in place for them when they get here. Maybe there needs to be temporary housing built for them at the border. Maybe there should be a way to get them heard sooner and a less waiting period. Folks, stop blaming one party because in reality, both parties are involved and haven't done anything.

Old 12-27-2022, 05:45 PM

63,417 posts, read 29,437,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Ok, I have to chime in on this. First of all, Biden is following the "immigration policy." The immigrants are allowed to enter our country to seek asylum because their country is dangerous. That's for starters here.

I don't like what I'm seeing as well at the border. I'm glad I do not live in El Paso.

Americans are complaining and pointing their fingers in every which way. The bottom line is this, the immigration policy needs to be fixed or updated. Several Presidents Republicans and Democrats have had opportunities to do this. Trump was just in office for 4 years, why didn't he put through a policy? He thought building a wall would take care of it. That's just a deterrent.

For those of you that are calling these people illegal invaders, isn't true. The law says they are allowed to seek asylum here. For those of you stating that there are homeless people here in the US, what are you doing to help them?

So, the next time it comes time to reelect a new congressperson, President etc., ask him/her, "What policy are you coming up with to solve this border problem?" You can build a wall, but that just doesn't change the policy of them coming to the US. It seems to me, that someone needs to let these people know before they leave their countries that we do not have accommodations in place for them when they get here. Maybe there needs to be temporary housing built for them at the border. Maybe there should be a way to get them heard sooner and a less waiting period. Folks, stop blaming one party because in reality, both parties are involved and haven't done anything.
The only viable reason to claim asylum is persecution, not because of economics nor because their country is dangerous. So that makes most of them liars and that is the reason we should make them wait outside our country until their claims can be verified.

No, our immigration policies do not need updating. Our policy is to allow in immigrants that have skills in keeping with controlling population growth. Why would we need to update that? The only thing on the table is amnesty and that is not a solution to illegal immigration. What policy are you suggesting that Trump should have put through? He already had offered the Democrats legalization for the DACAs in exchange for the wall funds but the Democrats wouldn't go along with it.

A wall is indeed a deterrant to illegal entry and couple that with removing all of the incentives for illegals and bogus asylum seekers to come here and we'd have illegal immigration down to a trickle.

There is a backlog of 1.5 million asylum cases to be heard. Based on that we should not allow anymore asylum seekers into our country until all those cases are cleared off the dockit. Since there are so many illegals in our country we also need to re-evaluate the number of legal immigrants we allow into our country until we rid our country of most of these illegals.

Old 12-27-2022, 05:51 PM

20,112 posts, read 18,369,695 times
Quote:

As Oldglory noted your thesis is incorrect. Fleeing danger per se isn't grounds for asylum.

Old 12-27-2022, 06:05 PM

24,570 posts, read 13,048,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The left aren't grandstanding.
Yeah they are, like usual. How can it be grandstanding if no one really knew about it? Did you hear that he was sending them there before they got there and before the left started screeching to the media?

Quote:
There is no damn reason Abbott, Ducey and DeSantis should be putting the migrants on a bus to another state.
Why not send them to sanctuary cities and states? They want them there. Though not too close to where they live, they certainly don't want them anywhere near their homes...see Martha's vineyard.

Quote:
Why can't they just hand them over to the feds?
Hand them back? Why didn't the feds do something with them to begin with?

Quote:
I think we should make stealing documents a harsher crime. That said someone had to let them steal said identity.
This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. But anyway, but let's start with Hillary.

Quote:
I don't think the migrants have access to whomever they can easily steal an identity to. They are just followers to a bigger evil.
Who knows where they get it from, black market, coyotes, groups that help them avoid the feds or gives them instruction on what to say for asylum, steal it themselves, etc. Even if they don't personally steal them, it's still criminal to use stolen id information. Why are you making excuses?

Quote:
As if it wasn't also in the Northeast. It was political posturing and virtue signaling of the border governors.
So what if was in the NE? Freezing temps are freezing temps, no matter in DC or in TX.

Quote:
How in the blue Hell can they do that? A lot of the Central American countries are corrupt or have drastic economic problems that laymen can't fix. You know, like our own country. But hey, let's make a bon mart that shows we really know nothing of why a(n illegal) migrant is coming to our "great country."
Picture it, millions of people acting as one, storming the corrupt office holders in their countries. Yeah, I think they could root out the corrupt pretty quick in doing that. Lol, you think a few basically unarmed could do it here, why do you think millions can't do it in their countries?

Quote:
It is and the Republicans know they can't get enough on board to help in either a moderate way or a radical way. Plus the broken border is a great way to earn more donations.
Is that why Biden* is breaking things, for the money? Yeah, you might be on to something there with Biden.

Quote:
I think that is a stretch but moving (illegal) migrants from the border to a non-border state isn't really helping the (illegal) migrants either.
They are going to sanctuary cities, it's an immense help to them. Better there then the non-sanctuary places.

Quote:
Ya boy Trump didn't do much. In fact Obama had more deportations. Trump grandstanded like Abbott, Ducey and DeSantis have done with the how many migrants can we fit in bus or the shipping container border wall stunts. As much as Biden isn't doing a great job, Trump didn't do much and rather use the office to do something, sat on his fat ass and whine about it. Didn't Trump campaign that he was "A doer"? Hah, another Trump lie.
Any president would have larger deportation numbers if they turned people away 'at the border' like Obama had done. At least Trump tried, remember he'd offered the dems a deal for letting DACA/dreamers stay and the D's crapped all over the offer. Many, mainly on the left, were completely against the things he'd wanted to do at the border...how do you not know this?

Quote:
I would say the parents if they are coming with children. If it is a child, who knows if they knew any better or were just following what their parents or guardian said.
So? The blame lies with the parents and no one else.

Quote:
You would still need to allow a grace period for anyone born on US soil (including US military bases) for the next year or so after the bill becomes law. If not, it will create issues.
Nope, not for those who aren't legally supposed to be here.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:58 PM

7,525 posts, read 4,400,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The only viable reason to claim asylum is persecution, not because of economics nor because their country is dangerous. So that makes most of them liars and that is the reason we should make them wait outside our country until their claims can be verified.

No, our immigration policies do not need updating. Our policy is to allow in immigrants that have skills in keeping with controlling population growth. Why would we need to update that? The only thing on the table is amnesty and that is not a solution to illegal immigration. What policy are you suggesting that Trump should have put through? He already had offered the Democrats legalization for the DACAs in exchange for the wall funds but the Democrats wouldn't go along with it.

A wall is indeed a deterrant to illegal entry and couple that with removing all of the incentives for illegals and bogus asylum seekers to come here and we'd have illegal immigration down to a trickle.

There is a backlog of 1.5 million asylum cases to be heard. Based on that we should not allow anymore asylum seekers into our country until all those cases are cleared off the dockit. Since there are so many illegals in our country we also need to re-evaluate the number of legal immigrants we allow into our country until we rid our country of most of these illegals.

Old 12-27-2022, 09:15 PM

7,525 posts, read 4,400,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I couldn't rep you again...but...very well said My father was bilingual but he never spoke to us kids in Spanish. What we learned, we learned in school.
Thank You.

I grew up with these kids K-12 they were my classmates and close friends. Nobody even considered their ancestry. My ancestors were German, Irish and a little bit of English. But I never considered myself a hyphenated American. Neither did my classmates of Hispanic dissent. Just plain old Americans who believed in the red, white and blue. There was only a few African American families in the town where I grew up. But they too were treated just like everyone else. They were middle class and didn't come from broken homes, their children blended in fine with all the rest of us. I grew up with their children as well and we had a lot of good times together.

Old 12-28-2022, 12:42 AM

14,339 posts, read 4,665,531 times
Quote:

Biden picks and chooses which "immigration policy" he wants to follow.

Exhibit #1 is DACA. Where does it say in immigration law that if you immigrated to the US as a minor under certain timeline and meet certain criteria, then you are deferred from deportation? None

Exhibit #2 In August 2021, Biden sent out an Executive Order to order CBP/ICE to prevent CBP/ICE agents and officers from deporting illegal aliens for just being here illegally. Again, where does it say that under immigration law? None

If you are here illegally, then you are subject for removal and deportation, period. That's the law

In another word, if someone is seeking asylum here in the US and gets denied asylum by a judge, then he is still isn't deportable under Biden's EO....unless that asylum seeker committed a serious felonious crime on top of being here illegally.

Old 12-28-2022, 01:07 AM

24,918 posts, read 9,670,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post

However, dropping off buses of illegal immigrants in front of Kamala Harris’s home on Christmas Eve is cruel.
Gettign a free trip to America to apply for asylum is cruel?

I think Americans don't understand why we have an illegal immigration problem to begin with. I've been to developing countries, these people will do anything it takes to escape their country. Anything.

Cruel is when you immediately deport all Haitians on the border with no chance to apply for asylum, but not the Mexicans on the border.

Old 12-28-2022, 03:07 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,429,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No one is being "cruel" to these illegal aliens. Being "cruel" would entail having a shoot first, ask questions later policy or locking them up the minute they set foot on US soil. Rather, Biden thinks we all should welcome them with open arms and lots of freebies. Never mind that we have millions of suffering American citizens who, due to this invasion, are being pushed aside so the so-called "migrants" can be catered to.

I read it as being cruel to Kamala.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies