Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 08:25 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,859,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Wasn’t it cold in Texas too? I think the only not cold place to drop them off at would be Mexico.
Not as cold as in the northeast.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They treat us like we are an ATM. Difference? Nope.

By DEFINITION of asylum they should have halted in the first Country they encountered. That would have been one of the Spanish speaking Countries and one of them IS NOT the USA.

They are asylum shopping.
Read up on the assistance that immigrants are qualified for. Most don't receive any assistance except for food and emergency medical care.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Proof?

Homeless citizens are often moved to different cities and states by the government, in all types of weather. Sometimes the government forces them to move, when the homeless person doesn't want to move elsewhere.

Why do you not care about our own homeless, the men, women and children? Many of the adults are veterans, who are homeless because of mental/physical injuries due to their service, and they often have trouble getting or keeping a job. Why do you want illegals to take up the spaces meant for the homeless citizen men women and children, including veterans, in the shelters?

Most illegals have their own homes, and families, in their homelands...where it's warm too.

"Cruel"...perhaps you should do some self-reflection on that.
I care about anyone who is homeless and destitute. I agree there should be better services available for our homeless. Most immigrants aren't homeless. Both situations are complicated. That's why at some point both political parties are going to have to work together for find a solution.
https://www.cerescourier.com/opinion...al-immigrants/

Old 12-27-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
No, our homeless citizens are left to freeze on the street while our government puts up the immigrants in hotels and shelters. Seems you have very little sympathy for our own citizens.
There are a variety of government programs for sheltering and housing the homeless. One is not mutually exclusive of the other. I'm not saying all homeless people are sheltered. But I know that some homeless people would rather be on the street than abide by the rules of a shelter. And I know that for a fact as a family member told me about a conversation they had with a homeless person a few years back.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:39 AM

63,121 posts, read 29,298,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Citizenship is a process. Do you know for sure that none of these people are applying for citizenship. It takes years. BTW, illegal immigrants don't receive aid unless it's to feed them and their children or they have an emergency and have to go to a hospital.
https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic...igfedprograms/
You do not enter our country illegally or just show up at our border making an asylum claim to gain our citizenship. That's not a citizenship process!

If illegal aliens weren't here we wouldn't be having to feed their children and they wouldn't be using our ER's and that's the point!

Old 12-27-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Not as cold as in the northeast.
It can get below freezing in the Texas winter nights.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I care about anyone who is homeless and destitute. I agree there should be better services available for our homeless. Most immigrants aren't homeless. Both situations are complicated. That's why at some point both political parties are going to have to work together for find a solution.
https://www.cerescourier.com/opinion...al-immigrants/
When you use the term "immigrants" whom are you referring to? Illegal aliens aren't plain ole immigrants and neither are asylum seekers.

https://www.habitatforhumanity.org.u...al-difference/

Why should we solve other country's economic and other problems? We already send their countries millions if not billions of our tax dollars to help them.

The solution for us is to end illegal immigration and bogus asylum seeking is to keep them out of our country in the first place by securing our border and removing all of the incentives for them to come here.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You do not enter our country illegally or just show up at our border making an asylum claim to gain our citizenship. That's not a citizenship process!

If illegal aliens weren't here we wouldn't be having to feed their children and they wouldn't be using our ER's and that's the point!
Of course it's a process. I'm not saying otherwise.

The larger point is they are here and that won't change under any administration. What needs to happen is immigration reform. I hope at some point those in power will do what needs to be done. And no, I don't know what that is. We have to address the visa overstays which percentage-wise are greater than the border crossings.

This article is informative.
https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020...-who-are-they/

"The Center for Migration Studies estimates that in 2016, 62% of the undocumented were here because they overstayed their visas versus 38% who crossed the border illegally."

"Another controversy is over how much illegal immigrants cost the system. An often overlooked fact is that illegal immigrants are taxpayers. The anti-immigrant lobby tends to ignore the money the immigrants often pay in payroll and sales taxes while counting the money spent on educating children born in the United States to immigrants. Numbers vary widely depending on the source, but undocumented immigrants are not eligible for most federal benefit programs, like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.'

Old 12-27-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:

The larger point is they are here and that won't change under any administration. What needs to happen is immigration reform. I hope at some point those in power will do what needs to be done. And no, I don't know what that is. We have to address the visa overstays which percentage-wise are greater than the border crossings.

"The Center for Migration Studies estimates that in 2016, 62% of the undocumented were here because they overstayed their visas versus 38% who crossed the border illegally."

"Another controversy is over how much illegal immigrants cost the system. An often overlooked fact is that illegal immigrants are taxpayers. The anti-immigrant lobby tends to ignore the money the immigrants often pay in payroll and sales taxes while counting the money spent on educating children born in the United States to immigrants. Numbers vary widely depending on the source, but undocumented immigrants are not eligible for most federal benefit programs, like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.'
Your solution is wrong because when you use the word "reform" it actually means amnesty. Our immigration laws don't need reforming they need enforcing. I already provided my solution in another post.

No, most here illegally are not here visa over stayers they were border jumpers but both problems need to be addressed. You can't take one year where there were many who became visa over stayers by throwing out the actual number of border jumpers. Don't even try to tell me that the 12-30 million illegals here were visa over stayers! Look at what has been going on at our border since Biden tooks office. Are these record number of border apprehensions visa over stayers?

I have provided a link many times denoting that illegal aliens are a net negative fiscally to our country. They pay about $19 billion in taxes while they cost us over $100 billion. Who is anti-"immigrant" and what does that have to do with illegal immigration? Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "immigrants"! Are you confused? How do illegal aliens work without committing felony ID theft or tax evasion?

WTH is an undocumented immigrant? You keep changing terms and their meanings constantly. This is the illegal immigration forum not the legal immigration one nor any so-called undocumented forum!

Old 12-27-2022, 09:31 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,973,762 times
Quote:

Great post. Sadly the racists against Hispanic Americans will ignore it. This has been said many times on here but many still repeat "We need the wall" (despite it not fixing the expiring visa holders), "Democrats are against eVerify" (even though Republicans aren't as for it as they claim), "The border is open" (despite Title 42 saying we aren't taking in refugees until their case is approved.) A lot of things fall on deaf ears due to an inherent racism towards Hispanic immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.