Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 05:29 PM

26,009 posts, read 22,198,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
But they WERE treated with kindness. All the things you mention in your first sentence WERE done. I keep repeating this fact, and you keep ignoring it. Do you not understand or believe this? Watch videos and read news about this situation if you don't believe me.
I have noticed that the particular member you are speaking about ignores facts presented, and keeps repeating the same thing again and again. Many of the people like this do not bother with reading an entire post or looking at links. It is a big problem with liberal leaning, and they don't or can't answer questions most often.

I am guessing the ones that took the bus are more educated and understand that would be a better move than staying in TX.

Old 12-26-2022, 05:33 PM

63,041 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have noticed that the particular member you are speaking about ignores facts presented, and keeps repeating the same thing again and again. Many of the people like this do not bother with reading an entire post or looking at links. It is a big problem with liberal leaning, and they don't or can't answer questions most often.

I am guessing the ones that took the bus are more educated and understand that would be a better move than staying in TX.
It's more than one member of this forum. The truth and facts don't fit their narratives. So they keep denying and throwing out strawman arguments.

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-26-2022 at 06:05 PM..

Old 12-26-2022, 05:35 PM

1,719 posts, read 735,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Comprehension difficulties come to mind.

Old 12-26-2022, 05:46 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...christmas-eve/

Abbott spokesperson Renae Eze told The Hill in a statement on Monday that the migrants ““willingly chose to go to Washington, D.C., having signed a voluntary consent waiver available in multiple languages upon boarding that they agreed on the destination.”

https://nypost.com/2022/12/25/migran...or-nyc-report/

"The group — many among them wearing T-shirts or light sweatshirts — was met by local volunteers who gave them blankets and took them to a local church where they were fed and received shelter."

" Laborde, the managing director of SAMU First Response, said the relief agency assisting the migrants to find food and shelter was alerted by nonprofit groups on the border that the buses would arrive in DC on Saturday instead of New York on Sunday."

Looking at the photos, these are not people that came out of poverty, so I am betting they are the educated and those that decided to come to the US after residing in one of the other countries. Those with money settled elsewhere, and now are moving here due to COVID (which is flourishing in South and Central America) and shortages of goods.

There is no story here to begin with. Foreign invaders enter our country in overwhelmed TX and agree to be transported where warm clothing, food and shelter would be available for them.

Old 12-27-2022, 03:33 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,135,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Did you know that Trump offered to give the DACAs green cards in exchange for full funding of the wall? Did you also know that the democrats rejected that proposal? For all their posturing and whining about the poor DACAs, one would think that they would have gone along with Trump's proposal.

When Trump was first in office, he was talking with the dems and said he wanted to work with them. Specifically, he addressed Schumer regarding this. Schumer smirked and rolled his eyes.

Democrats get their feelings hurt too easily if they can't put aside any criticism for the sake of our country. Talk about being spiteful.
I’m aware of the statement in your first paragraph.

Obama called Republicans every name in the book and made it clear that he hated them. Naturally, they didn’t want to work with him.

Trump called members of his former party every name in the book and attacked his former compatriots at every turn. Naturally, they didn’t want to work with him.

Being extremely partisan, as they both were, can lead to getting fewer things done than trying to reach out to the other side.

Old 12-27-2022, 06:10 AM

One more time, there is no story here. TX is overwhelmed, so they signed agreements for those that wished to be transported by those buses. The invaders were met and their basic needs met (which is more than many of our own citizens were receiving).

There needs to be no change in immigration laws, as what we have is more than adequate when enforced. The need for those laws in the first place is more evident every day. Those that don't live with these 3rd world invading aliens have no idea what they do to an area, so TX and hopefully AZ will start too, by sharing the "wealth and blessing" these invasive aliens makes perfect sense.

What Trump or Obama said or has done in the past, it is the Braindead Pedophile in the White House who is refusing to do his job in keeping the borders secure.

Keep in mind that the sympathizers of these illegal aliens and false asylum seekers will continue to twist what you say, and simply chatter on about irrelevant facts regarding this invasion.

Watch the surge of both COVID and mystery illnesses as these people invade. For those bringing pets, and many of the illegals bring a pitbull for protection, mystery illnesses in pets will be up. AVOID the areas where they congregate!

Old 12-27-2022, 06:56 AM

15,438 posts, read 25,857,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What a horrible way to treat another human being, especially in this cold. Idiots.
Wasn’t it cold in Texas too? I think the only not cold place to drop them off at would be Mexico.

Old 12-27-2022, 07:07 AM

15,438 posts, read 25,857,929 times
My objection to this topic is saying they were dropped off at Kamala’s house. Anyone who has been to that area of DC should know that “her house” (it’s not really her house) sits behind an iron fence and is well protected by the Secret service. I’m not even sure the house is even visible from the street. She did not lift a finger to help them, people in DC did. She was probably completely unaware that this happened until the news reported it. Was she even there at the time? I don’t object to the busing. I object to saying they were dropped off at her house when they weren’t. It was just nearby.

Old 12-27-2022, 07:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,950,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Wasn’t it cold in Texas too? I think the only not cold place to drop them off at would be Mexico.
Perhaps but we all know that Abbott wanted to make a grandstanding effort of moving the immigrants to a town where a political figure on the left lives. For no reason, just trying to make it for political points. I wish this form of human snuggling was illegal too. Just send them back if caught.

Old 12-27-2022, 08:23 AM

25,457 posts, read 9,844,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
I know this by the aid they're getting -- which is massive.

"Becoming citizens" is a deflection. My comment was about "outstretched hands," not citizenship.
Citizenship is a process. Do you know for sure that none of these people are applying for citizenship. It takes years. BTW, illegal immigrants don't receive aid unless it's to feed them and their children or they have an emergency and have to go to a hospital.
https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic...igfedprograms/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.