Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 12:13 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,849,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I care about citizens and immigrants and illegal migrants. But I do wish the illegal migrants would work towards fixing their own countries or come here as legal immigrants.
As do I. Our system is broken.

Old 12-27-2022, 12:35 PM

26,022 posts, read 22,214,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Citizenship is a process. Do you know for sure that none of these people are applying for citizenship. It takes years. BTW, illegal immigrants don't receive aid unless it's to feed them and their children or they have an emergency and have to go to a hospital.
https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic...igfedprograms/
Receiving assistance from certain states is available, thus the reason we should haul them to those states that see this invasion as a good thing! Once they drop and anchor baby, they can qualify for housing by riding the shirttails of that anchor baby. A family with a baby steps to the front of the line, while a single individual waits! We pay to deliver that anchor baby, and then raise it and that is why they have 5 or 6 kids, a most citizens are have 2 or less.

Quote:
Not as cold as in the northeast.
It was 72 degrees in Venezuela on Christmas Day.

Quote:
Of course it's a process. I'm not saying otherwise.

The larger point is they are here and that won't change under any administration. What needs to happen is immigration reform. I hope at some point those in power will do what needs to be done. And no, I don't know what that is. We have to address the visa overstays which percentage-wise are greater than the border crossings.

This article is informative.
https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020...-who-are-they/

"The Center for Migration Studies estimates that in 2016, 62% of the undocumented were here because they overstayed their visas versus 38% who crossed the border illegally."

"Another controversy is over how much illegal immigrants cost the system. An often overlooked fact is that illegal immigrants are taxpayers. The anti-immigrant lobby tends to ignore the money the immigrants often pay in payroll and sales taxes while counting the money spent on educating children born in the United States to immigrants. Numbers vary widely depending on the source, but undocumented immigrants are not eligible for most federal benefit programs, like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.'
They are net loss when it comes to the taxes they pay in. Many working under the table, and after dropping 5 or 6 anchors, look again at what they cost. Look at the stories, these kids with their mothers coming in, they must have been conceived by immaculate conception, as no father to work. Overwhelm the charities along with other pity parties to get help.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/workfor...st-immigration

Yeah, don't forget the cost of incarceration as in 2021 alone, over 12,000 criminal aliens were arrested, and this is for more than being illegally present.

Visa overstayers should be easy enough to detect with current technology.

We do need reform. We have the laws on the books. There are so many ways we could apprehend these illegals. A US citizen breaks the law - off to jail or prison. An illegal alien breaks the laws - yeah, they do it every single day to remain in the USA, but oh booo-hoo, arrest them and it is just because of "race", what a bunch of horse poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Great post. Sadly the racists against Hispanic Americans will ignore it. This has been said many times on here but many still repeat "We need the wall" (despite it not fixing the expiring visa holders), "Democrats are against eVerify" (even though Republicans aren't as for it as they claim), "The border is open" (despite Title 42 saying we aren't taking in refugees until their case is approved.) A lot of things fall on deaf ears due to an inherent racism towards Hispanic immigrants.
Liberal alert! "Racists" is one of the key words they use to avoid calling out someone that is breaking our laws. Yep, every single day, they break our laws.

Quote:
Nope, all we need to do is start enforcing the laws. These asylum seekers need to be kept track of, as they won't be at their hearings, unless they have a valid claim, and when they miss the date, they will qualify as an illegal alien.

With the current technology, it would not be difficult to round up those here illegally and send them home. They come for welfare, thus the reason they start dropping anchor babies. Some arrive pregnant. Remember the one that they were fighting for the right for her to have an abortion before being deported. Yeah, the baby would do her no good if it weren't her ticket to the US. Sadly, I see more and more large sibling groups of Hispanic ethnicity in foster care/available for adoption. Using kids, one doesn't get much lower. Immaculate conception too!

We just need to enforce the laws on the books. It may take a while to turn it around, but it is doable.

Also, for those not aware "Hispanic" is not a race. An illegal alien is not an immigrant.

Old 12-27-2022, 12:42 PM

63,065 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
No, our immigration laws aren't being enforced as they should be. We don't these unskilled, uneducated and poor citizens of other countries. They are a burden to our society. No legal process should exist for them to come here either and we certainly shouldn't grant amnesty to those already here illegally.

Old 12-27-2022, 12:54 PM

63,065 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Receiving assistance from certain states is available, thus the reason we should haul them to those states that see this invasion as a good thing! Once they drop and anchor baby, they can qualify for housing by riding the shirttails of that anchor baby. A family with a baby steps to the front of the line, while a single individual waits! We pay to deliver that anchor baby, and then raise it and that is why they have 5 or 6 kids, a most citizens are have 2 or less.

It was 72 degrees in Venezuela on Christmas Day.

They are net loss when it comes to the taxes they pay in. Many working under the table, and after dropping 5 or 6 anchors, look again at what they cost. Look at the stories, these kids with their mothers coming in, they must have been conceived by immaculate conception, as no father to work. Overwhelm the charities along with other pity parties to get help.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/workfor...st-immigration

Yeah, don't forget the cost of incarceration as in 2021 alone, over 12,000 criminal aliens were arrested, and this is for more than being illegally present.

Visa overstayers should be easy enough to detect with current technology.

We do need reform. We have the laws on the books. There are so many ways we could apprehend these illegals. A US citizen breaks the law - off to jail or prison. An illegal alien breaks the laws - yeah, they do it every single day to remain in the USA, but oh booo-hoo, arrest them and it is just because of "race", what a bunch of horse poop!

Liberal alert! "Racists" is one of the key words they use to avoid calling out someone that is breaking our laws. Yep, every single day, they break our laws.

Nope, all we need to do is start enforcing the laws. These asylum seekers need to be kept track of, as they won't be at their hearings, unless they have a valid claim, and when they miss the date, they will qualify as an illegal alien.

With the current technology, it would not be difficult to round up those here illegally and send them home. They come for welfare, thus the reason they start dropping anchor babies. Some arrive pregnant. Remember the one that they were fighting for the right for her to have an abortion before being deported. Yeah, the baby would do her no good if it weren't her ticket to the US. Sadly, I see more and more large sibling groups of Hispanic ethnicity in foster care/available for adoption. Using kids, one doesn't get much lower. Immaculate conception too!

We just need to enforce the laws on the books. It may take a while to turn it around, but it is doable.

Also, for those not aware "Hispanic" is not a race. An illegal alien is not an immigrant.
You're right this issue has nothing to do with one's race or ethnicity but as you have just seen another pro-illegal poster threw out the race card. It's all they've got to defend the indefensible. They make me sick! It's such a bald face lie that this is about hating Hispanics! Those from south of our border sneaking into our country are not "immigrants" either they are illegal aliens. We don't have a problem with Hispanics that come here legally with skills that we need.

The wall is to stop the border jumpers who make up the majority of illegal aliens, not visa overstayers! The visa overstayers at least we know something about them but we know nothing about those who sneak into our country and they would include criminals and those from known terrorist countries to but we do need a better tracking system for the visa overstayers to make sure they leave when they are supposed to.

Old 12-27-2022, 12:55 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,372,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, our immigration laws aren't being enforced as they should be. We don't these unskilled, uneducated and poor citizens of other countries. They are a burden to our society. No legal process should exist for them to come here either and we certainly shouldn't grant amnesty to those already here illegally.
Amen, there brother!!!

Old 12-27-2022, 12:57 PM

26,022 posts, read 22,214,018 times
https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/inc...legal-aliens-0

"Incarcerated Illegal Aliens
25%
According to the Government Accountability Office, the percent of inmates in federal prisons who are in the country illegally. The GAO also found that criminal illegal aliens were arrested an average of 7 times. (Source: GAO)"

https://cis.org/Oped/DeSantis-right-...al-immigration

"For example, Florida spent an estimated $52 million on Medicaid coverage for births to immigrants who arrived illegally in 2019, and another $148 million on Medicaid coverage for their older U.S.-born children."

"Extrapolating from Florida’s per-pupil expenditures, educating the children of illegal immigrants cost state taxpayers $1.6 billion in 2019. This figure likely understates the true cost, as it does not reflect the special language training that children of people who came illegally disproportionately require."

Extrapolating from Florida’s per-pupil expenditures, educating the children of illegal immigrants cost state taxpayers $1.6 billion in 2019. This figure likely understates the true cost, as it does not reflect the special language training that children of people who came illegally disproportionately require.

"On the other side of the ledger, immigrants who arrived illegally do contribute sales and property taxes. However, their generally low earnings power – 30% do not have a high school diploma — makes it unlikely that their taxes cover the services they receive. The average personal income of Florida natives in 2019 was 70% higher than the income of immigrants who came illegally ($41,000 versus $24,000)." NOTE: Because of these low incomes, they get child tax credits, which should be for only US born, but some were even taking credits for children they had in their mother country.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...l-immigration/

"The costs of illegal immigration are comprehensive. Even after deducting the $19 billion in taxes paid by illegal immigrants, the 12.5 million of them living in the country results in a $116 billion burden on the economy and taxpayers each year. About two-thirds of this amount is absorbed by local and state taxpayers, who are often the least unable to share the costs."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...and-its-not-a/

"Although current federal policy prohibits federal tax funding of health care to unauthorized immigrants through Medicaid or Obamacare, “rough estimates suggest that the nation’s 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers and another $3 billion bankrolled through ‘cost-shifting,’ i.e. higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care,” Mr. Conover wrote in Forbes."

"The gift that keeps on giving!" Why not share this wonderful asset to our country with Harris and the other liberal cities that so deserve to share this gift that keeps on giving? I see no reason not to "share the wealth"!

Old 12-27-2022, 01:15 PM

23,884 posts, read 12,715,685 times
Quote:
As do I.
Since you only mentioned citizens and immigrants, it sounded as if you didn't care that much about the illegal migrants.
Quote:
Our system is broken.
We have good laws, which Biden* is refusing to uphold...

Though, we should have laws where anyone who enters the country illegally, without entering at the entry ports and immediately requesting asylum (and later being granted asylum), or those who overstay their visa should never, ever, be able to become a citizen.

Birthright citizenship should be changed too. Not allow the children born here, to those who come here illegally or visa holders who illegally overstay, to gain citizenship...until the children go through and complete the immigration process. That is, if the limit of the numbers of immigrants from their home country had not already been reached.

Old 12-27-2022, 02:12 PM

22,511 posts, read 12,057,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Great post. Sadly the racists against Hispanic Americans will ignore it. This has been said many times on here but many still repeat "We need the wall" (despite it not fixing the expiring visa holders), "Democrats are against eVerify" (even though Republicans aren't as for it as they claim), "The border is open" (despite Title 42 saying we aren't taking in refugees until their case is approved.) A lot of things fall on deaf ears due to an inherent racism towards Hispanic immigrants.
I had to take this poster temporarily off "ignore" when I saw his quoted comment! What a racist and bigoted remark!

That poster is unaware that not every illegal alien who sneaks across the border is Hispanic. In fact, people from all over the world have been caught sneaking into the country.

I'm of Hispanic descent and am against illegal immigration and for the wall. Thus, I take umbrage at the following vile comment from this poster "A lot of things fall on deaf ears due to an inherent racism towards Hispanic immigrants." Way to try and blur the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens.

Again, not everybody sneaking across the border is Hispanic. Anyone who thinks so is falling for the stereotypes. Also, I don't care where in the world an illegal comes from. Nor do I care if they sneaked across the border or overstayed a visa. They all have one thing in common---and that is this---none of them have any business being here.

Old 12-27-2022, 04:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,957,760 times
Quote:
Have you noticed that the left and the media have been doing their own grandstanding regarding this matter? IF the left and their media hadn't thrown a hissy fit about it, most people probably wouldn't have even known about it.
The left aren't grandstanding. There is no damn reason Abbott, Ducey and DeSantis should be putting the migrants on a bus to another state. Why can't they just hand them over to the feds?

Quote:
Stealing identifying information from citizens is rampant with illegals. They use them to get jobs, places to live, social services freebies, etc.
I think we should make stealing documents a harsher crime. That said someone had to let them steal said identity. I don't think the migrants have access to whomever they can easily steal an identity to. They are just followers to a bigger evil.

Quote:
It was still below freezing at night in much of TX on Christmas eve.
As if it wasn't also in the Northeast. It was political posturing and virtue signaling of the border governors.

Quote:
I care about citizens and immigrants and illegal migrants. But I do wish the illegal migrants would work towards fixing their own countries or come here as legal immigrants.
How in the blue Hell can they do that? A lot of the Central American countries are corrupt or have drastic economic problems that laymen can't fix. You know, like our own country. But hey, let's make a bon mart that shows we really know nothing of why a(n illegal) migrant is coming to our "great country."

Quote:
It is and the Republicans know they can't get enough on board to help in either a moderate way or a radical way. Plus the broken border is a great way to earn more donations.

Quote:
Since you only mentioned citizens and immigrants, it sounded as if you didn't care that much about the illegal migrants.
I think that is a stretch but moving (illegal) migrants from the border to a non-border state isn't really helping the (illegal) migrants either.

Quote:
We have good laws, which Biden* is refusing to uphold...
Ya boy Trump didn't do much. In fact Obama had more deportations. Trump grandstanded like Abbott, Ducey and DeSantis have done with the how many migrants can we fit in bus or the shipping container border wall stunts. As much as Biden isn't doing a great job, Trump didn't do much and rather use the office to do something, sat on his fat ass and whine about it. Didn't Trump campaign that he was "A doer"? Hah, another Trump lie.

Quote:
Though, we should have laws where anyone who enters the country illegally, without entering at the entry ports and immediately requesting asylum (and later being granted asylum), or those who overstay their visa should never, ever, be able to become a citizen.
I would say the parents if they are coming with children. If it is a child, who knows if they knew any better or were just following what their parents or guardian said.

Quote:
Birthright citizenship should be changed too. Not allow the children born here, to those who come here illegally or visa holders who illegally overstay, to gain citizenship...until the children go through and complete the immigration process. That is, if the limit of the numbers of immigrants from their home country had not already been reached.
You would still need to allow a grace period for anyone born on US soil (including US military bases) for the next year or so after the bill becomes law. If not, it will create issues.

Old 12-27-2022, 04:32 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,372,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I had to take this poster temporarily off "ignore" when I saw his quoted comment! What a racist and bigoted remark!

That poster is unaware that not every illegal alien who sneaks across the border is Hispanic. In fact, people from all over the world have been caught sneaking into the country.

I'm of Hispanic descent and am against illegal immigration and for the wall. Thus, I take umbrage at the following vile comment from this poster "A lot of things fall on deaf ears due to an inherent racism towards Hispanic immigrants." Way to try and blur the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens.

Again, not everybody sneaking across the border is Hispanic. Anyone who thinks so is falling for the stereotypes. Also, I don't care where in the world an illegal comes from. Nor do I care if they sneaked across the border or overstayed a visa. They all have one thing in common---and that is this---none of them have any business being here.
Whether they be Italian, British, French, German or from any country throughout the world. If they enter our country illegally they have no business being here in the first place and all should be deported. It just so happens that Mexico shares a border with the United States which makes it a lot easier for Mexicans, Central and South Americans to invade our nation without having to cross an ocean. That's why there's more of them, in fact a lot more of them invading our country. Unfortunately because of that Hispanics get a bad rap especially those that are here legally but speak no English. People just assume that they are here illegally. Because of that many Hispanics are infuriated to be lumped in with those who are here illegally. I would be too.

Those Hispanics that were born and raised here, lived here for generations and those that immigrated here legally are just as American as anyone else. I grew up and went to school with many of them and they weren't treated any different than the rest of us. They also spoke perfect English and did so for generations. In fact many had to be taught to learn Spanish if they chose to do so. When I was in High School we had to learn either basic Spanish or French in order to graduate. I chose Spanish but was terrible at it and just barely passed. I think that the whole country would be better off if we just forget about where our ancestors came from originally and just be Americans. Multiculturalism is not a good thing and only brings about hatred, division and distrust which will eventually lead to the demise of our great nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies