Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2023, 08:22 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,400,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
So basically the state is finally enforcing a law they have had on the books for 2 years or ALL THE TIME DESANTIS HAS BEEN GOVERNOR.
Yes, that occurred to me as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 08:25 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,255,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sure, they use scam employment agencies. No news there. Meat processing plants do the same. When I was living near Henderson KY there was a sham employment agency that used undcoumented immigrants to staff a giant Tyson plant. Tyson would never be touched, and if they shut down the employment agency another would open tomorrow and hire the same people and doctor the same paperwork. This country needs these undocumented immigrants to keep operating, and to do so at prices people will pay.
the beautiful thing is, they've now got us conditioned to paying 50-150% more for our groceries than with illegal labor pre-pandemic, which would make up for the labor rate of using US Citizens today.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:14 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,415,673 times
E-verify is 100X more cost efficient then a wall. This is actual real efforet. Lets see how it goes. But this is 100X better then a wall.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:16 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 23 days ago)

35,707 posts, read 18,065,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
E-verify is 100X more cost efficient then a wall. This is actual real efforet. Lets see how it goes. But this is 100X better then a wall.
I would completely agree. If migrants know there will be no job opportunities for them, they won't risk their lives to get here.

Let's see how this works.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,268,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Border should’ve been shut down to begin with and the 2 million illegals that have crossed combined with the billions of dollars spent on illegals every year, and especially the money that’s been spent the last 2 years, the wall could’ve been finished and helped border states that have taken the brunt of them all along. Funny how those that want them in the country don’t address how much it costs taxpayers to have them here every year

Old 01-16-2023, 10:08 PM

35,770 posts, read 21,134,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Now if only other governors would follow suit — many illegals would self-deport with no chance of jobs.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...fy-compliance/

Quote:
Florida is threatening to suspend licenses for businesses failing to provide proof of E-Verify compliance, which ensures they are not employing illegal immigrants. It comes as part of its greater effort to protect Florida residents and their jobs as the nation faces a mass immigration crisis on the southern border.
He also wants to jail those who transport, live with or harbor and rent to etc. I think the man’s gone plumb nuts, or is grandstanding for attention. Does he really don’t know what would happen to Fl if all illegals were gone as in a rapture?
I’m not pro illegal, but they are here, and Florida’s economy runs off them. Even my sis, a long time republican, said that he needs to rethink his stance. I really wish the man get off the Fed side of the fence and stay in his lane and deal with Florida’s other issues. His got much bigger fish to fry.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post

You can't be seriously be trying to make this connection that if they are skinny, listen to Mexican Music and speak Spanish that they are illegals.

I don't even know where to go with this...
I’d get in trouble but

Old 01-16-2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Well, they're not employed by the farms anyway. They can go after employer but it's ABC Illegals Field Co and not the farm. If they shutdown ABC Illegals Field Co, Border Hops Fieldworkers just starts up the farm pays Border Hops instead of ABC. If they were really interested they could probably make it tedious enough. It's really more about restricting the desired illegals to certain sectors of the economy so they won't try too hard. It's a bit of a moving target. Restaurant dishwashers, hotel maids, golf course groundskeepers, laborers on construction sites. There's a lot of $200/night Hiltons in Florida with a lot of illegals to keep the runs turning over.
You are correct, Fls tourism is run by many illegal workers and has for years.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I would completely agree. If migrants know there will be no job opportunities for them, they won't risk their lives to get here.

Let's see how this works.
It's a bit broader than that. Most illegals are willing to work -- and willing to take government benefits for their kids. We should address both of these things, but even just addressing the job opportunities would make a huge difference.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He also wants to jail those who transport, live with or harbor and rent to etc. I think the man’s gone plumb nuts, or is grandstanding for attention. Does he really don’t know what would happen to Fl if all illegals were gone as in a rapture?
I'm sure he does, and it would be wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies