Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 03:07 PM

17,873 posts, read 7,083,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's not why they are banning it. They are banning it because it violates their fascist "anti-CRT" law (which was always just fear mongering...NO K-12 school was ever teaching CRT, it is a college level curriculum). He actually said AA courses "contradict Florida law". This was not a mandatory class, it was an advanced placement class advanced kids could choose to take, or not.

It begins with banning books, censoring speech the state doesn't like, firing teachers for putting their wedding pic on their desk. Then telling teachers what the state wants them to teach. DeSantis passed a law last summer that requires teaching against communism. He is mandating that kids be taught about the horrible suffering people endured under Communist regime, but not about the suffering of slaves here.

"Textbooks are a good example of how propaganda and censorship worked together in the Nazi regime. The Nazis used both propaganda and censorship to control what students read in school. Nazi censors removed some textbooks from classrooms. New textbooks taught students to obey the Nazi Party, love Hitler, and hate Jews."

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/conte...and-censorship

"Nazi leaders worked to influence young people in youth groups, in their families, and on the streets. Schools also had a key role to play. After the Nazis came to power in 1933, they quickly passed new laws to make public education reflect and teach their nationalist and racial ideologies."

https://www.facinghistory.org/resour...onal-community
Each and every statement in your post is wrong.

First, "no K-12 school was ever teaching CRT." That's a lie. Assuming your claim is true, then why are you wailing and sobbing about a ban on teaching CRT in K-12 schools? Please pick an argument.

Second, Florida is not "banning books," "censoring speech," or "firing teachers for putting their wedding pic on their desk." You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Florida law. You are repeating nonsense you've read on Vox, HuffPo, or whatever left wing propaganda site you get your information from.

As for your Nazi references, that is just laughable coming from someone who supports Democrats and voted for Biden. Take a good long look at what your party has been up to if you want to see what Naziism and fascism looks like.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:07 PM

51,323 posts, read 37,011,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdWind View Post
They're not banning anything, they're not adding it to the curriculum because it adds no educational value. Same reason why High Schools don't have AP courses in video games or masturbation techniques.
The fact that you would equate this course with masturbation techniques tells me all I need to know about you.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:08 PM

6,402 posts, read 4,887,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Manny Diaz certainly won’t get the complaints like meanie DeSantis
Will this revelation lead to a black/brown rumble on CD? Stay tuned!

Probably not since Latino people are "white-adjacent" according to many activists.

BTW: Any word on when the 1619 Project will be introduced nationwide to grade-schoolers?

Old 01-20-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The fact that you would equate this course with masturbation techniques tells me all I need to know about you.
And the fact that you call your political opponents "Nazis" tells us all we need to know about you.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Each and every statement in your post is wrong.

First, "no K-12 school was ever teaching CRT." That's a lie. Assuming your claim is true, then why are you wailing and sobbing about a ban on teaching CRT in K-12 schools? Please pick an argument.

Second, Florida is not "banning books," "censoring speech," or "firing teachers for putting their wedding pic on their desk." You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Florida law. You are repeating nonsense you've read on Vox, HuffPo, or whatever left wing propaganda site you get your information from.

As for your Nazi references, that is just laughable coming from someone who supports Democrats and voted for Biden. Take a good long look at what your party has been up to if you want to see what Naziism and fascism looks like.
What does "waling and sobbing" look like on a message board??? Exclamation points = yelling, what in my post, specifically, please cut and paste the lines, that bespeak "waling and sobbing". I don't think I'd be able to tell that unless the person used emoji, so I am genuinely curious here.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:12 PM

53,242 posts, read 35,008,802 times
Quote:
It is scary to me not because I'm left of center, but because I'm Jewish. This is early fascism, this is how it starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdWind View Post
Fascism begins by the state deciding what courses have educational value in K-12 schools?
fascism is the new scary word the left has been told to use against desantis.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:13 PM

Quote:
What does "waling and sobbing" look like on a message board??? Exclamation points = yelling, what in my post, specifically, please cut and paste the lines, that bespeak "waling and sobbing". I don't think I'd be able to tell that unless the person used emoji, so I am genuinely curious here.
You can read your own posts just like I can. Go try again and see if you can do it without laughing at them.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:14 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,341,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Will this revelation lead to a black/brown rumble on CD? Stay tuned!

Probably not since Latino people are "white-adjacent" according to many activists.

BTW: Any word on when the 1619 Project will be introduced to grade-schoolers?
Nah, only because Trump could get so many complaints and as much attention as DeSantis on it.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You can read your own posts just like I can. Go try again and see if you can do it without laughing at them.
I think they are well thought out and well-spoken. If I do say so myself.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:16 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 10 days ago)

35,966 posts, read 18,264,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s not confusing. CRT is being blocked from being taught…same as it has across the country.
Have you read the curriculum?

According to this educator, the curriculum was about the histories and heritage of Black diaspora. And he mentions "race" can't be in the classroom.

I wonder what that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies