Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 06:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
slavery was 150 years ago.....why are they still there....did no one tell them they can move?

no, they are there because "people do better among their own"

you are a perfect example of it....

you didn't get alone with your black roommates.....obviously it wasn't race...it was culture

you were not raised to be black trash

but if a white person does not get along with...on like... a black person...because of culture...everyone is screaming racist

they want to act like all black people have this mono culture and they don't....

if they would admit to that...stop shoving this black trash BS down everyone's throat

...even you didn't like it

it's culture....not race
In part, it was Frederick Douglass who discouraged Black People from organizing a mass movement away from the South. He was wrong, and untold suffering was heaped upon the free slaves, until the Great Migration, where many of them left without much on their backs but hope for a better future.

Even then, the north didn't want them, as few communities want newcomers who arrive with very little and have great needs.

https://www.sethkaller.com/item/361-...Movement-(SOLD)

The Elaine (Arkansas) Massacre occurred a few years prior to the Tulsa Massacre, and is believed to be one of the motivators for the Great Migration. In this tragedy, the Black sharecroppers (who outnumbered white farmers 10 to 1 in Elaine) attempted to organize for better farming conditions, against the typical sharecropper deals, which weren't better than slavery. It was at this point, that many Black people in the south realized Douglass was wrong, and they weren't beholden to stay there until they were all dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine...0were%20killed.

Last edited by ClaraC; 01-20-2023 at 06:59 PM..

Old 01-20-2023, 06:54 PM

18,029 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
fact check: true.

go, Ron, go.

now get rid of equally useless women's studies, gender studies, etc.

DeSantis Blocks AP African-American Studies Course for Breaking Florida’s Anti-CRT Law
Worthless crt left leaning and divisive garbage that has nothing to do with education, history, nor advanced studies.

KJP gave her opinion for the first time over this topic and she blew it, spewing utter nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What part of the AP African Studies is BS, hoping you can supply some details because DeSantis could not. I didn't hear anyone claim it was CRT, just that it was contrary to Florida law. Strangely Florida has quite the history when it comes to black history.
If you want to take African American Studies, great, take the course and get the appropriate credits. Teach a bunch of leftist woke garbage too, we don't care.

But don't try to pass it off as an AP course or anything claiming actual factual history.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-20-2023 at 07:03 PM..

Old 01-20-2023, 06:55 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Talk about the point sailing right over your head. No one said that history shouldn't be taught to students. However, people don't want any CRT/woke BS being taught. The difference between the two has been explained over and over again. If you missed it, reread this thread.
What part of the AP African Studies is BS, hoping you can supply some details because DeSantis could not. I didn't hear anyone claim it was CRT, just that it was contrary to Florida law. Strangely Florida has quite the history when it comes to black history.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:58 PM

17,673 posts, read 6,928,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The BS is spelled out in the graphic Manny Diaz sent out, which is posted above. I'm sure that list is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lies the left-wing lunatics are spreading in our colleges and high schools.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The BS is spelled out in the graphic Manny Diaz sent out, which is posted above. I'm sure that list is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lies the left-wing lunatics are spreading in our colleges and high schools.
What part is untrue?

I read through the list of objectionable content, and thought . . . what part of this isn't true?

What part of this isn't someone's perspective and life experience?

You may not like their voice, but these are people telling their stories.

And we're not talking 5th graders here. AP courses are junior and senior high school classes.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:11 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and that Johnny is responsible because he's white
And must join the blue hair brigade to atone for his sins.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What part is untrue?

I read through the list of objectionable content, and thought . . . what part of this isn't true?

What part of this isn't someone's perspective and life experience?

You may not like their voice, but these are people telling their stories.

And we're not talking 5th graders here. AP courses are junior and senior high school classes.
It’s all false. Contrary to what the leftists and apparently you believe, America is a fundamentally good place despite its warts.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It’s all false. Contrary to what the leftists and apparently you believe, America is a fundamentally good place despite its warts.
That's your voice, and your experience.

My experience in the US is also sunshine and roses. I've been treated extremely well by the social constructs and power structures. I am very patriotic, and love this country and believe it's the best on Earth.

But I'm very willing to listen to those who have a different perspective, and not call them liars.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's your voice, and your experience.

My experience in the US is also sunshine and roses. I've been treated extremely well by the social constructs and power structures.

But I'm very willing to listen to those who have a different perspective, and not call them liars.
But they are liars, and if you ever read the crap they write you’ll find out.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:37 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Quite the deflection as nobody said they didn’t. They can do the same today.
And many do leave. Go look at the counties in Mississippi that are losing population. Alot of them are majority Black counties. Mississippi is losing population. Alot of Black people are leaving Louisiana too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies