Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 05:59 PM

24,641 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The truth of the matter is, Black people were treated horribly in the first several centuries of the existence of the US, by the White majority, and there are powers that be that want to silence that message under the guise of let's don't be all unpleasant now, let's let bygones be bygones.
Is that why the left wants to white wash American history by removing confederate statues? Changing confederate names? Trying to “forget” that southern democrat confederates ever existed?

Which one is is? Either American history is very bad and needs to be white washed by the left. Or American
History is history, and needs to be told in full.

We already know the left doesn’t tell the full story when it comes to American history:
- Africas participation in the slave trade
- Black American owning slaves
- Southern Demcorats being the party of slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow
- Majority of the founding fathers being slave owners
- The American revolution being fought to keep America a slave country
- Slaves fighting against George Washington, and for the British, to become free

These facts don’t fit the narratives. The left claims they want to tell the full story of African American history but they never do.
Quote:
1830, there were 3,775 black (including mixed-race) slaveholders in the South who owned a total of 12,760 slaves
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slav..._United_States
Quote:
Africans played a direct role in the slave trade, kidnapping adults and stealing children for the purpose of selling them, through intermediaries, to Europeans or their agents.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade
Quote:
In the American Revolution, gaining freedom was the strongest motive for Black enslaved people who joined the Patriot or British armies. It is estimated that 20,000 African Americans joined the British cause, which promised freedom to enslaved people, as Black Loyalists.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri...olutionary_War

Old 01-20-2023, 06:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Many Blacks did move away and went up north and out to California between 1910 and 1970. Go read about the Great Migration.
Quite the deflection as nobody said they didn’t. They can do the same today.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
from manny diaz jr.:

source

looks like they made a good call.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:11 PM

17,639 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
from manny diaz jr.:

source
So basically Florida is against the new systemic racism the left wants to create. Thank God for Florida and Ron DeSantis.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:12 PM

18,456 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
from manny diaz jr.:
you left out the best part....

Manny Diaz Jr.
@SenMannyDiazJr
Despite the lies from the Biden White House, Florida rejected an AP course filled with Critical Race Theory and other obvious violations of Florida law. We proudly require the teaching of African American history. We do not accept woke indoctrination masquerading as education.

told you...it was Manny behind it....not DeSantis

...a Hialeah Cuban at that

Old 01-20-2023, 06:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
you left out the best part....

Manny Diaz Jr.
@SenMannyDiazJr
Despite the lies from the Biden White House, Florida rejected an AP course filled with Critical Race Theory and other obvious violations of Florida law. We proudly require the teaching of African American history. We do not accept woke indoctrination masquerading as education.

told you...it was Manny behind it....not DeSantis

...a Hialeah Cuban at that
Love Manny Diaz!

Old 01-20-2023, 06:17 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The truth hurts.

You shouldn't withhold the accurate teaching of history, just because it talks about things before you were born.

Is that what you would like? For history literally not to be taught to high schoolers?

No one is dragging you to criminal court for what your ancestors did. But the information needs to be made available to those who want it, in the public school system.
Talk about the point sailing right over your head. No one said that history shouldn't be taught to students. However, people don't want any CRT/woke BS being taught. The difference between the two has been explained over and over again. If you missed it, reread this thread.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
So basically Florida is against the new systemic racism the left wants to create. Thank God for Florida and Ron DeSantis.
Agreed, nothing in that course is going to address modern social issues for blacks. Just more pre-packaged leftist propaganda.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:27 PM

18,456 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, those are among the poorest states in America. Also, some of the highest murder rates in America. I don't call that doing well.

Something else. The majority of Blacks being in the South is a product of slavery. In 1900, 9 out of 10 Blacks lived in the South. Today its about 5.6 out of 10.
slavery was 150 years ago.....why are they still there....did no one tell them they can move?

no, they are there because "people do better among their own"

you are a perfect example of it....

you didn't get alone with your black roommates.....obviously it wasn't race...it was culture

you were not raised to be black trash

but if a white person does not get along with...on like... a black person...because of culture...everyone is screaming racist

they want to act like all black people have this mono culture and they don't....

if they would admit to that...stop shoving this black trash BS down everyone's throat

...even you didn't like it

it's culture....not race

Quote:
I disagree with that woman. There are some instances where this isn't true.

In college I had issues adjusting to college roommates. I was put with some Black roommates. Being Black American was all we had in common. We had nothing but conflict. I was a nerdy, suburban kid. They were from "the hood". And one of them was a "frat bro". It didn't work out. I got put with some other Black roommates. Same problem. I got put with White roommates a short time later. We still had an issue or two. However, it was alot quieter. People do better when they stay among their own kind? I tried that and it didn't work for me. This isn't to say there weren't Black Americans I didn't get along with. And a few years later, I had a Black America roommate that I got along with very well. However, the whole "you do better when you stick with your own kind" never seem to ring true for me. It never worked that way in my life.

I did best wherever I was liked, accepted, and supported. And that could be anyone, regardless of race.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Talk about the point sailing right over your head. No one said that history shouldn't be taught to students. However, people don't want any CRT/woke BS being taught. The difference between the two has been explained over and over again. If you missed it, reread this thread.
Bingo. The history the left wants to teach is a distorted one sided one, chalked full of propaganda, misinformation, and lies.

It’s all meant to breed a new generation of perpetual victims brainwashed to believe Democrats and tax dollars can legislate them up the social ladder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.