Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 12:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

I'm not a huge fan of their food, but I hate to see layoffs. I do like that nasty sauce that they put on big Macs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 12:56 PM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
This said I have noticed a gradual decline in the food quality in recent years and the price increases have been dramatic.
Well this is what happens when you focus on the shareholders, rather than the customer. Did anyone actually think quality was going to improve when they cook the burgers in bulk and leave them in a steam cabinet?

The only reason I started going back to McD's was when I heard they would start cooking the quarter pounder fresh. It actually was a really good burger fresh off the grill. But, alas, the franchisee here realized he could just cook those in advance and throw them in the warmer cabinet to save a buck.

Old 04-03-2023, 12:56 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not a huge fan of their food, but I hate to see layoffs. I do like that nasty sauce that they put on big Macs.
I love that sauce. If Mcd's would sell it at the store like Taco Bell sells it's products I think they would make a fortune off it. Then again a lot of people might never step into a Mcd's again if they could buy that sauce for their own burgers at home.

Not that I am admitting to any petty theft from nearly 40 years ago when i did my time making those burgers but a tube or two of that sauce may have come home with me occassionly.

Old 04-03-2023, 12:59 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Mcdonald's was one of the first to put in a lot of self-order kiosks in their store and app ordering. They also have test stores that are mostly automated (videos on Youtube). This closure may have more to do with how they want to structure themselves over the next decade as they roll out these automated stores. And you better believe if they are automating food prep then they can find a use for automation in their corporate office as well so White Collar jobs are also on the line.

I think this is the start of automation taking over low-paying jobs and creeping into White Collar jobs as well.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:02 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Mcdonald's was one of the first to put in a lot of self-order kiosks in their store and app ordering. They also have test stores that are mostly automated (videos on Youtube). This may have more to do with how they want to structure themselves over the next decade as they roll out these automated stores.

I think this is the start of automation taking over low-paying jobs.

Yep.

Demand that everyone make $15/hr, and eventually there will be fewer jobs that pay $15/hr.

Basic cause and effect economics still remain a mystery to some.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:02 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I love that sauce. If Mcd's would sell it at the store like Taco Bell sells it's products I think they would make a fortune off it. Then again a lot of people might never step into a Mcd's again if they could buy that sauce for their own burgers at home.

Not that I am admitting to any petty theft from nearly 40 years ago when i did my time making those burgers but a tube or two of that sauce may have come home with me occassionly.
I do like the sauce too. I said nasty just because I wonder how many preservatives and stabilizers are probably in it,

I heard that in the Australian market they sell the sauce in the grocery stores, not sure why not here though.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:03 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Meanwhile ... back at the OP....I suspect it is about fear of employee reaction. Better to have them at home when they receive their certified mail notice including do not show up on the premises. I bet we see armed guards in enhanced numbers.
Certified Mail??? You're to kind.

These days people get fired via text/email.

They want them out of the Corp Office when it hits the fan this week.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:03 PM

21,131 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Is there anything that will withstand the wrathful policies of Biden?

Old 04-03-2023, 01:04 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I do like the sauce too. I said nasty just because I wonder how many preservatives and stabilizers are probably in it,

I heard that in the Australian market they sell the sauce in the grocery stores, not sure why not here though.
It's pretty much just thousand island dressing with a dab of French dressing.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:12 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I read about this yesterday. Apparently, a good number of the restaurants are owned and operated by McD's corporate. They are not all franchises. Supposedly, the corporate-run McD's are the worst. No one cares about quality because the manager is not the owner and he doesn't care.

If they close the poor performing locations, they won't need the supporting staff at their corporate offices. Just a theory.

I ate there last month for the first time and a decade and the prices were high, quality was middling and the "EBT welcome" signs did not inspire confidence.
Normally the corporate ones have the highest profits. They farm out the marginal locations to some franchisee. But yeah makes sense to close for a few days to avoid some nutcase in a paramilitary outfit and AR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies