Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2023, 12:43 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Friendship is usually a two way street in financial matters. I’ll buy lunch this time, you get the next. If it was just a friendly, what did Thomas give back? Did he give his buddy a car or a tiny cottage by the sea to his buddy as a thank you for all he’s done? Or was Thomas a user friend and only took and didn’t give back? You’d think the generous friend would feel a bit used after 20 years of no reciprocation.
A guy who has 20 Billion will not look to his friend that makes 250K a year for anything. He's making 4 or 5 times that much in interest per day...maybe way more.
Would you expect your minimum wage friend to ever pick up the tab? I wouldn't.

Old 04-08-2023, 12:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
I'm sure he's not the only one in DC?

Old 04-08-2023, 12:56 PM

18,422 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
A guy who has 20 Billion will not look to his friend that makes 250K a year for anything. He's making 4 or 5 times that much in interest per day...maybe way more.
What does a minimum wage person have in common with a billionaire? Their paths wouldn’t even cross. Sure a person making more money might buy an extra lunch or even pick up the hotel tab. A wealthy friend wouldn’t keep a cheap, miserly friend around once they found out he never reciprocates. That would be a user. I doubt Thomas is giving the man sexual favors, you think it’s just Clarence’s charming personality that binds the friendship?

Old 04-08-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
What does a minimum wage person have in common with a billionaire? Their paths wouldn’t even cross. Sure a person making more money might buy an extra lunch or even pick up the hotel tab. A wealthy friend wouldn’t keep a cheap, miserly friend around once they found out he never reciprocates. That would be a user. I doubt Thomas is giving the man sexual favors, you think it’s just Clarence’s charming personality that binds the friendship?
Anyone who makes 20 times more in a day (figure the daily interest on 20 Billion @ 10%) than their friend makes in a year doesn't look to them for anything.
As I said...the people complaining about Thomas are probably Racists that hate him because he is Black...and never said a thing about Clinton flying on Epstein's jet 26 times.

Old 04-08-2023, 01:10 PM

30,183 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Thomas is a Supreme Court Justice. He is not your average $250k a year earner.

Old 04-08-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Thomas is a Supreme Court Justice. He is not your average $250k a year earner.
The issue is thinking these gifts/trips are "extravagant".
To commoners....yes.
To someone with TWENTY BILLION....no. That's just their regular life, and occasionally he has his dear friends Ginni & Clarence Thomas join in.

Old 04-08-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Anyone who makes 20 times more in a day (figure the daily interest on 20 Billion @ 10%) than their friend makes in a year doesn't look to them for anything.
As I said...the people complaining about Thomas are probably Racists that hate him because he is Black...and never said a thing about Clinton flying on Epstein's jet 26 times.
Rich, poor or in between, no one remains in an unbalanced, unequal friendship for over 20 years. What does Thomas do to show his appreciation for his friend, that is so extravagant with him? Does he buy his friend an expensive watch? Does he send Christmas presents every year? Wine of the month club? The race card isn’t in play and quite a reach. Clinton and Epstein? Is that your attempt to divert?

Old 04-08-2023, 01:23 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
Quote:
Rich, poor or in between, no one remains in an unbalanced, unequal friendship for over 20 years. What does Thomas do to show his appreciation for his friend, that is so extravagant with him? Does he buy his friend an expensive watch? Does he send Christmas presents every year? Wine of the month club? The race card isn’t in play and quite a reach. Clinton and Epstein? Is that your attempt to divert?
Yeah, they do. Why does he have to do anything. True friendships do not require quid pro quo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-08-2023, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Yeah, they do. Why does he have to do anything. True friendships do not require quid pro quo.
Yes people are generous. Not quid pro quo but appreciation for what you do to show your affection and appreciation, especially when one party contributes above and beyond in comparison.

Old 04-08-2023, 02:15 PM

4,912 posts, read 2,062,076 times
Just another case of Leftist double standards. The truth is that Justice Thomas drives Elite Leftist Liberals nuts since not chained to their plantation. This alone makes them bat-***** crazy since to the mind of a Liberal, this is clearly unacceptable, especially from a Black man. If I remember the last attack on Justice Thomas was that he married a White woman… Who was also a Conservative and belonged to a conservative group… Not a shock here, but the Left did their best to point this out to somehow tarnish Justice Thomas.

News Flash!! Conservative people tend to associate with other Conservatives, just like Liberal#, who mainly associate with other Liberals… Again, not a shocker here!!

If you do not believe race has anything to do with these attacks, you are not being honest with yourself.

FYI, Justice Thomas isn’t going anywhere, so you need to get over this AND maybe practice some of your own statements of acceptance… Even if this means accepting somebody with a reasonable view that differs from yours.

Btw, the Left has been attacking Justice Thomas for DECADES and he is still there… God luck in trying to force him out over some BS. If the Liberals are so focused on Conservative Justices, may, just maybe Conservatives need to focus on Liberal Justices and “I” they’re doing the same thing, just like most members of Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies