Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2023, 02:31 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Yes I have been around and even related to very wealthy people. Not saying they can’t be friends have things in common. However it’s very unusual for one party to shower expensive vacations on the other year after year. Most people want to show their gratitude and appreciation for someone that does so much for you or else you’re just a loser taking advantage.
Sounds like it's the billionaire who went on vacation and invited Clarence and his wife to come along. If anything, he probably did it so Clarence's wife could keep his wife company so he and Clarence could have some good ole male time. So I don't see no pay out or bribery of any sort.

Old 04-16-2023, 02:31 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Another day, another Thomas financial ethics revelation. Now reports that he falsified some $50,000 to $100,000 annual income in recent years claiming it came from a long defunct company. He has previously failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank, vacations paid by millionaires, and RE transactions. This man and his wife are true DC swamp monsters.

Thomas has shown over and over again that he lacks ethics and needs to go. The Supreme Court needs urgent reform with a defined code of ethics that specifies penalties for noncompliance.
I would expect he has a problem with the IRS, how did he claim income from a non existent company. He also didn’t report any of the gifts he received as required.

He’s not the only justice to accept favors but he sure leads the pack. Why should a justice hat away with this when civil servants face even tighter scrutiny.

Old 04-16-2023, 03:10 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Another day, another Thomas financial ethics revelation. Now reports that he falsified some $50,000 to $100,000 annual income in recent years claiming it came from a long defunct company. He has previously failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank, vacations paid by millionaires, and RE transactions. This man and his wife are true DC swamp monsters.

Thomas has shown over and over again that he lacks ethics and needs to go. The Supreme Court needs urgent reform with a defined code of ethics that specifies penalties for noncompliance.
They are messing up. They need to get with the times.
You are supposed to do things through family members who are given high-paying, no-show, jobs...or big "investments" in "finance companies"...or "speculation" in supposed companies your family members form.
Call anything they send you, "Consulting Fees", or an "Investment", or "Good Faith Seed Money".
A La Hunter Biden & SIL Kushner.

Thomas will retire...right after they hear a case whereby they can grant "Personhood" status to prenatal Human Beings...with the full rights and protections under The Constitution.

Old 04-16-2023, 03:17 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
a code of ethics that will be used by the left to remove any right leaning justice
Where will you land when you stop jumping to conclusions? Do you realize who will enforce the ethics code? Hint: Not the legislature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But who is going to do these investigations when it's clear, the FBI, DOJ, CIA and the courts are all corrupt?
Federal judges, like lawyers, are self-regulating.

Old 04-16-2023, 03:19 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Bill and Hilary Clinton? Hunter & Joe Biden?
We are discussing the federal judiciary.

Old 04-16-2023, 03:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
...Maybe this is the ultimate plan behind the NWO...
I dunno, these guys never seemed overly bright to me.

Old 04-16-2023, 03:51 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Sounds like it's the billionaire who went on vacation and invited Clarence and his wife to come along. If anything, he probably did it so Clarence's wife could keep his wife company so he and Clarence could have some good ole male time. So I don't see no pay out or bribery of any sort.
I could agree with that if either men came out and said we’ve been buddies since college or some other connection. They haven’t. Brought along the wives so they can have buddy time. Lol. Some professions should be beyond reproach like a Thomas’s position. Thomas has made himself look bad.

Old 04-16-2023, 05:13 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I could agree with that if either men came out and said we’ve been buddies since college or some other connection. They haven’t. Brought along the wives so they can have buddy time. Lol. Some professions should be beyond reproach like a Thomas’s position. Thomas has made himself look bad.
I don't agree with this at all. Most friendships in the professional world are created after they are already in their career. Especially when it comes to judges, lawyers, police, politicians and campaign donors. It's just the way the world works. And I don't want to become a dictatorship that decides who a judge can be friends with or not.

Old 04-16-2023, 05:43 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
I don't agree with this at all. Most friendships in the professional world are created after they are already in their career. Especially when it comes to judges, lawyers, police, politicians and campaign donors. It's just the way the world works. And I don't want to become a dictatorship that decides who a judge can be friends with or not.
Funny, it's ok for Clarence and Harlan to be big buddies and go on expensive trips together where Clarence and Ginni are wined and dined...

But it's not ok for Bill and his old pal Loretta to visit for a few minutes on an airport tarmac...

Gotta love righties.

Old 04-16-2023, 06:04 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
If there was nothing wrong, why didn't Thomas declare these financial matters on his annual report?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies