Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2023, 01:04 PM

35,336 posts, read 17,245,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The most recent Democrat appointed justice can't even articulate what a woman is, so I doubt she's even smart enough to be corrupt.
The Justice dodged the loaded question. So did Senators John Cornyn, John Kennedy and Marsha Blackburn when they were asked the exact same question later.
Loaded question? How?

Old 04-16-2023, 01:08 PM

10,591 posts, read 4,120,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1974 View Post
I’d love to know what a $500K vacation entails.
If you are part of the SCOTUS or a billionaire, I assume most of that money is going towards security.

Old 04-16-2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
i really think the liberal are gunning for thomas to replace him, to get another liberal judge in there
^This. Which means they know Biden or whoever else they plan to run next year will lose, along with more house and senate seats so they are trying to stack the courts now while they can to protect all of Biden's EO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They're gunning for all of them, literally in the case of Kavanaugh.
Maybe this is the ultimate plan behind the NWO. Our Federal government is broken up into three parts, and each part is there to protect America from one branch having too much power. If the current media can sway the public to turn on the SCOTUS, can u imagine what the USA will look like without a SCOTUS, then it shouldn't take much for them to either erase or completely take over the legislative and executive branches with the judicial branch gone.

Old 04-16-2023, 01:20 PM

8,503 posts, read 4,595,557 times
Another day, another Thomas financial ethics revelation. Now reports that he falsified some $50,000 to $100,000 annual income in recent years claiming it came from a long defunct company. He has previously failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank, vacations paid by millionaires, and RE transactions. This man and his wife are true DC swamp monsters.

Thomas has shown over and over again that he lacks ethics and needs to go. The Supreme Court needs urgent reform with a defined code of ethics that specifies penalties for noncompliance.

Old 04-16-2023, 01:23 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,445,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
A guy who has 20 Billion will not look to his friend that makes 250K a year for anything. He's making 4 or 5 times that much in interest per day...maybe way more.
Would you expect your minimum wage friend to ever pick up the tab? I wouldn't.
Does my "minimum wage friend" work for the federal government?

Old 04-16-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think all corruption in government should be investigated. Biden, Thomas, everyone regardless of party. This rich "friend" of Thomas had to be getting something back for his investment. Just like when wealthy people pour money into a candidate for office. They expect favors when they need them.
But who is going to do these investigations when it's clear, the FBI, DOJ, CIA and the courts are all corrupt?

Old 04-16-2023, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
What does a minimum wage person have in common with a billionaire? Their paths wouldn’t even cross. Sure a person making more money might buy an extra lunch or even pick up the hotel tab. A wealthy friend wouldn’t keep a cheap, miserly friend around once they found out he never reciprocates. That would be a user. I doubt Thomas is giving the man sexual favors, you think it’s just Clarence’s charming personality that binds the friendship?
You must not hang around wealthy people much. They are just like every other person in that they will find someone they connect with and that friendship grows. My boss is worth millions and when his father was running the company, he had hired this guy and he and the son struck a chord. Now, the guy has long left the company to start his own and he is worth maybe $100,000 at the most, but he and my boss still hang out every weekend and go out on the yacht all the time for fishing and whatnot. So it does happen.

Old 04-16-2023, 01:44 PM

18,437 posts, read 19,088,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
You must not hang around wealthy people much. They are just like every other person in that they will find someone they connect with and that friendship grows. My boss is worth millions and when his father was running the company, he had hired this guy and he and the son struck a chord. Now, the guy has long left the company to start his own and he is worth maybe $100,000 at the most, but he and my boss still hang out every weekend and go out on the yacht all the time for fishing and whatnot. So it does happen.
Yes I have been around and even related to very wealthy people. Not saying they can’t be friends have things in common. However it’s very unusual for one party to shower expensive vacations on the other year after year. Most people want to show their gratitude and appreciation for someone that does so much for you or else you’re just a loser taking advantage.

Old 04-16-2023, 02:16 PM

51,690 posts, read 25,958,028 times
There are certainly people like Kato Kaelin who hang around with rich people such as O.J. Simpson.

They are friends, of a sort.

Strange to think of a Justice of the SCOTUS as a "professional friend."

Old 04-16-2023, 02:25 PM

20,232 posts, read 9,141,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
If they are in a position to create new laws and in a position to abide by whoever is funding them... What else do you propose? just HOPE they will be ethical? LOL. There are certain positions that need to be dictated over. SCOTUS is one of them since that position can do the most damage to the entire country
lmao ... you could apply that "logic" to a Mayor in a town of 100.

Special "friendship" laws for policy makers need to be enacted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies