Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 10:01 PM

16,229 posts, read 10,901,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you were building up a newly formed nation you wouldn't include a second amendment, we live in the past.
So, tell me why Americans had guns before the 2nd Amendment if it is so important? By what right did they possess guns?

Old 04-20-2023, 10:13 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,687,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
For Americans, there's danger lurking at every turn, so I guess you better be prepared to defend yourself. Me or Them? Better have my gun (or arsenal of them).

The RIGHT to shoot and kill is paramount and ridiculous. That's how you get the WRONG DOORBELL. That's how you get the WRONG DRIVEWAY. That's how you get the WRONG CAR. That's how your kid's ball rolled into the WRONG YARD.

Americans can't handle firearms safely.
As per most shootings...it's, the WRONG TURF...it's the WRONG DESIRE TO TAKE YOUR POSSESSIONS...it's the WRONG SPOT DURING A GANG INITIATION OR HIT....it's the WRONG SPOT WHILE THUGS GET OFF POPPING CAPS IN OTHERS.
And because there are so many guns....they will have no problem getting one (most likely a handgun that's stolen) at any time.
And if they didn't have guns...there would be almost as many killings...just by stabbing, beatings, mowed down, pushed in front of a car or train, etc.

Most of the weapons killing in this world is by bombs from a missle, plane, or drone...upon people we have arbitrarily deemed "the enemy". We give people commendations for that...and call them "heros".

Old 04-20-2023, 10:21 PM

8,443 posts, read 3,024,361 times
This thread is so dumb, it’s funny.

Old 04-20-2023, 10:50 PM

34,344 posts, read 18,729,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Wake me up when 20,000 people are killed by scissors.

If you were building up a newly formed nation you wouldn't include a second amendment, we live in the past.
People kill. Not scissors, knives, fists nor GUNS.

Old 04-20-2023, 10:54 PM

14,295 posts, read 4,649,676 times
Quote:
For Americans, there's danger lurking at every turn, so I guess you better be prepared to defend yourself. Me or Them? Better have my gun (or arsenal of them).

The RIGHT to shoot and kill is paramount and ridiculous. That's how you get the WRONG DOORBELL. That's how you get the WRONG DRIVEWAY. That's how you get the WRONG CAR. That's how your kid's ball rolled into the WRONG YARD.

Guns have been in this country before United States became the United States. The right to bear arms is as American as baseball or Pamela Anderson.

Did Americans just started owning guns in the last 10 years or something?

Old 04-21-2023, 05:44 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,416,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And lets look at that number, and i'm glad you excluded suicides.

The common denominator of the majority of those shootings is a certain age group, with prior criminal histories. More legislation isn't going to change those.

The common denominator for the school shootings is, again, a certain age group, and either prior mental issues, or are being treated for mental issues.

And then, a large number of shootings can be attributed to light on crime DA's, and judges. The MSU shooter is an example of that.
The gross numbers of gun homicide are of course a problem, but the mass shootings are particularly destructive to society and a more recent occurrence. Shooting in schools, churches, concerts, supermarkets, sweet 16 parties really have an impact on the nation. Gang violence in cities although a problem have always occurred.

We are in new territory with these mass shootings, mostly young white males with mental health issues. It has little to do with sentencing procedures although there are cases where that is true. It is mostly easy access to guns and mental health issues.

Suicides are also another reason for more strict gun control laws, of course there are other ways. But the recidivism rate is 1 in 25 after the first attempt so those 25,000 suicides are also a problem.

Old 04-21-2023, 05:52 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,416,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
HA! Maybe the people on the left wouldn't.

The people on the right would understand that having the government as the only entity with guns is LUNACY.

Also, having 100 million red blooded men that know how to use firearms is a pretty nice deterrent from an invasion, even today.

What free person would actually demand that their rulers disarm them? That's just insane. Stop acting like a peasant or a subject.

You're a free person because of guns and because of the quality of our founding documents. If James Madison were alive today he'd probably slap you across the face and take away your man card.

Good grief.
We did not have a standing army in 1791, today we spend $1B a year on the DOD not including national guard, police and you're worried about an invasion, come on. Less than 1% are willing to join the military and you think that personal weapons in the hands of residents would repel an invasion. The numbers indicate otherwise.

I wonder how other countries survive without 400 million guns.

Old 04-21-2023, 05:56 AM

18,480 posts, read 7,141,655 times
Quote:

Generalize and stereotype with an agenda much?

Old 04-21-2023, 06:02 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,248,963 times
Quote:
This is basically correct. We need to treat America like a prison. We can't trust the inmates with weapons. I also agree with the other posters, need to get rid of knives.

In the UK they have strict knife laws, and they can stop and search people on the streets. We need to do the same in the United States, if not going much further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNMi_F3p33c

Old 04-21-2023, 06:14 AM

9,605 posts, read 4,415,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It reminds me of the early covid days and the mask wearing Karens screeching about wearing them. Most of the US is entirely safe. If you don't live in a ghetto? If you do, try to move.
That's the irony of the anti-gun crowd. The liberals who want to take away our guns are the very same idiots whose policies have created anarchy in our cities. Decades of hatemongering, blame projection, and a concerted effort to normalize a victim hood mentality, along with recent vilification of law enforcement and seeding DA's offices with moronic progs, has created the perfect environment for criminals. And the reaction from the idiot brigade (Dems/Progs/Libs) is to disarm law abiding citizens. They're a bunch of raving lunatics is the only thing I can come up with that explains why Dem voters so stunningly stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies