Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 05:08 PM

4,551 posts, read 3,750,269 times

Advertisements

For Americans, there's danger lurking at every turn, so I guess you better be prepared to defend yourself. Me or Them? Better have my gun (or arsenal of them).

The RIGHT to shoot and kill is paramount and ridiculous. That's how you get the WRONG DOORBELL. That's how you get the WRONG DRIVEWAY. That's how you get the WRONG CAR. That's how your kid's ball rolled into the WRONG YARD.

Americans can't handle firearms safely.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:11 PM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
if they can’t handle guns, then they can’t handle knives or scissors. and when we confiscate all the guns, no illegal ones will ever make it through our porous border

Old 04-20-2023, 05:12 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,963,926 times
I see you watched that lame segment on MSNBC yesterday and are dutifully parroting it.

There are 340 million people in this country. Getting shot in the wrong driveway is EXCEPTIONALLY rare.

There are nutcases out there though. That's why we have the second amendment.

I'm sorry but you (actually the MSNBC hosts), are not smarter than Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Ben Franklin.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:19 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
For Americans, there's danger lurking at every turn, so I guess you better be prepared to defend yourself. Me or Them? Better have my gun (or arsenal of them).

The RIGHT to shoot and kill is paramount and ridiculous. That's how you get the WRONG DOORBELL. That's how you get the WRONG DRIVEWAY. That's how you get the WRONG CAR. That's how your kid's ball rolled into the WRONG YARD.

Man, calm the ----down.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:21 PM

7,320 posts, read 3,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I see you watched that lame segment on MSNBC yesterday and are dutifully parroting it.

There are 340 million people in this country. Getting shot in the wrong driveway is EXCEPTIONALLY rare.

There are nutcases out there though. That's why we have the second amendment.

I'm sorry but you (actually the MSNBC hosts), are not smarter than Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Ben Franklin.
Word.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:27 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

So, what's the increase in shootings vs. last year...or are you just weighing in now because of some acceptably publicized (mostly white folks and an honor student) shootings of a few people out of 330million people?

I mean, who gives a crap if poor young black guys get shot right?

But hey, I'll give you the excuse I hear here often, it used to be way worse back in the 80's when they where shooting 3x as many poor young black guys so it's ok.

Sadly, you just really don't grasp the situation. Laws are not going to stop 90+% of the shootings in the US leaving us with the same garbage we see in other countries without such severe gang shootings.

P.S. By your logic, we should ban all Italians from driving.

P.S.S. Maybe by your logic we need to ban certain ethnic groups from European countries? You sound really fascist.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:30 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
if they can’t handle guns, then they can’t handle knives or scissors. and when we confiscate all the guns, no illegal ones will ever make it through our porous border
Wake me up when 20,000 people are killed by scissors.

If you were building up a newly formed nation you wouldn't include a second amendment, we live in the past.

Old 04-20-2023, 05:31 PM

4,660 posts, read 1,950,812 times
Please take some time and read the Constitution of the United State of America. If you do not wish to abide by this Constitution find another place to live. If you disagree with parts of the Constitution the Founders in their Wisdom created a method to change it. Getting tired of all this anti Gun stuff. Stop being lazy and mobilize get off your Arse, contact like supporters across the nation and try to get it Changed. But dont you dare keep going after my rights and the rights of every other American because YOU Feel differently. Get enough people who agree with you and change it, if you can.

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times
Quote:

79,950,000 American gun owners have never shot and killed anyone. Doing the math for you, that is 99.5% of all American gun owners.

Of the remaining 50,000 or one-half of one percent of gun owners, I will leave it to you to guess how many are violent hardened criminal gang-bangers, and how many are just Joe Sixpack who got mad or had an accident or made a mistake.

Why is it news when an innocent man or woman is shot and killed ringing the wrong doorbell or driving up the wrong alley. Answer - because it is the 1 in 1,000 negligent innocent killing.

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Wake me up when 20,000 people are killed by scissors.

If you were building up a newly formed nation you wouldn't include a second amendment, we live in the past.
people die of many things. i know mortality is a scary thing, but let me do me, and you can do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies