Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 09:25 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

As one would expect, liberal female teenagers score much higher for depression than their conservative counterparts. This difference is also seen among males, but is not as dramatic as the female difference.

Liberalism is a religion of self hate that is associated with a higher degree of mental illness. One wonders if those with more psychiatric problems are attracted to liberalism, or that holding and promoting such beliefs leads to more despair. Nonetheless, one can appreciate these differences in real life, in which liberals seem to be constantly agitated, irritated, and ill at ease with themselves. This certainly reflects my personal experience, in which I have never encountered a content, well adjusted lib.

One can only vent and embrace so much anger before it begins to erode one's soul and causes one to review the world in a negative, hostile fashion. For that reason, I have always told my children to avoid dating liberals, as they tend to be negative people and such sentiments are infectious.

Liberalism- the language of dysphoria and despair!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8713953/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 09:28 AM

4,386 posts, read 4,238,175 times
When I was in high school, I didn't know what liberal and conservative meant.

When I was teaching school, I would have to teach what they meant.

I wonder how many of these teens understand the labels they have taken.

ETA: Less than 40% of teens identified as one or the other. More than 60% did not identify. Sounds like typical teenagers to me.

Old 05-13-2023, 09:50 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I feel bad for the kids of today. Not only do they need to keep up with the life and style image that Social Media presents they also need to decide at a younger and younger age what Victim status they will adopt.

I saw a stat the other day in the paper, probably a AP article that said 10 years ago 12% of kids associated themselves with the LGBQTI group but today that has grown to 22%. 22% is almost one quarter of school age kids that are either gay, bi sexual, *****, or they identify with the latest fad of being Transgender.

It has to be depressing to have all this coming at you from so many angles when you are just trying to live your life but the Left demands you claim a spot in their identity politics game.

I think we see this playing out across the country where kids that are being raised in Conservative households are mostly happy whereas the Progressive Liberal kids are the ones taking to the streets with violence against some perceived enemy. They are angry Social Justice Warriors and add in the worries of Climate change and it has to be depressing.

Old 05-13-2023, 09:58 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Theyre also more likely trend followers, easily bamboozled etc

Old 05-13-2023, 10:08 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Well I can certainly understand how modern politics would lead to more depression. They're being presented with a choice between two ever widening political platforms, neither of which really represents a moderate perspective. Whichever one gets in will stick us with their extreme program. It feels like a political roller coaster ride, and neither side is satisfied even when they win.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:30 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post

ETA: Less than 40% of teens identified as one or the other. More than 60% did not identify. Sounds like typical teenagers to me.
That would pretty much sum up the adult population as well. The majority are really middle of the road or moderate.
As far as labels, are we talking social issues or economic/ fiscal issues? One has nothing to do with the other.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:33 PM

620 posts, read 312,523 times
Difference is due to economic disparity between two classes. Conservatives come from wealthier families on average..

Old 05-13-2023, 12:36 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post

Sure you did. The conservatives were the kids on sports teams and student organizations. The liberals were the rejects with nose rings.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:42 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
of course, they have too many rules

Old 05-13-2023, 12:45 PM

2,045 posts, read 786,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well I can certainly understand how modern politics would lead to more depression. They're being presented with a choice between two ever widening political platforms, neither of which really represents a moderate perspective. Whichever one gets in will stick us with their extreme program. It feels like a political roller coaster ride, and neither side is satisfied even when they win.
Who are these extremist far right Republican politicians?

Last edited by Hermit12; 05-13-2023 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies