Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 04:57 PM

13,328 posts, read 21,950,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Nope. You are the one misquoting her. She did not say "THEY think of the fantasies". You're intentionally misquoting her by adding the word "they" in. You're working too hard to run cover for what she'd actually said.

Oh yea, another deflecting non-answer by an anti-Trumper.

You intentionally change her wording and then you intentionally refuse to answer my straightforward questions. avoidance and deflection (because you know I'm right), how typical.

Wow, are you still at it? You started this by claiming that Carroll said rape was sexy. THAT was a misrepresentation. You don't seem to be claiming that any more I noticed.

The word 'they' is in there with respect to fantasies and CNN included it in the transcript.

QUOTE: "CARROLL: They think of the fantasies. "

Reference: CNN.com - Transcripts

So just knock off the claim that I misrepresented anything. She says it quickly, but it's there. CNN says it, and you can hear it in the video, or at least I can.

Plus, even if she omitted the word, "they", as you claim, her previous comment was, "they think it's sexy". So since she's talking about most people, any honest person would admit she's STILL talking about most people since she didn't say otherwise. Nor did she say, "I think of the fantasies". If she was non-specific, obviously she's still taking about most people.

Look: Here's what CNN has in the transcript:

CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.
COOPER: Let's take a short break --
CARROLL: They think of the fantasies. "

And here's your version.

CARROLL: think of the fantasies. "

It read the same way either way. The 'they' in fantasies is implied because she's still talking about "most people".

You've reached rock bottom on this, maybe you should stop digging.

Last edited by kdog; 05-24-2023 at 05:08 PM..

Old 05-24-2023, 05:40 PM

24,567 posts, read 13,048,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wow, are you still at it? You started this by claiming that Carroll said rape was sexy. THAT was a misrepresentation. You don't seem to be claiming that any more I noticed.

The word 'they' is in there with respect to fantasies and CNN included it in the transcript.

QUOTE: "CARROLL: They think of the fantasies. "

Reference: CNN.com - Transcripts

So just knock off the claim that I misrepresented anything. She says it quickly, but it's there. CNN says it, and you can hear it in the video, or at least I can.

Plus, even if she omitted the word, "they", as you claim, her previous comment was, "they think it's sexy". So since she's talking about most people, any honest person would admit she's STILL talking about most people since she didn't say otherwise. Nor did she say, "I think of the fantasies". If she was non-specific, obviously she's still taking about most people.

Look: Here's what CNN has in the transcript:

CARROLL: They think of the fantasies. "

And here's your version.

CARROLL: think of the fantasies. "

It read the same way either way. The 'they' in fantasies is implied because she's still talking about "most people".

You've reached rock bottom on this, maybe you should stop digging.
Nope. The word "they" is not in with "Think of the fantasies". You hear the word "they" because CNN tells you to think it is there and you want to believe it over your own ears so badly.

I notice you are still refusing to answer my questions. Dodge, twist, deflect and personal attacks is all you have to avoid answering.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:15 PM

4,373 posts, read 7,300,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
It did seem to be a weak case, but Trump handed the verdict on a silver platter to the plaintiff. People may not like the verdict, but Trump had the opportunity to appear in court and defend himself and chose not to; thus letting his words on tape define him. He could have repudiated his prior comments but instead in his deposition he doubled down saying that men could abuse women "unfortunately or fortunately." His words, his choice, his loss.
Be it a Criminal or Civil case, the burden of proof is on the accuser, and the defendant is not obligated to personally take the stand in their defense. Testifying in their defense can give the jury an opportunity to see/hear the defendant (who supposedly they don't know) in person, and perhaps evoke sympathy from the jury.

In theory, the Voir Dire process when selecting a jury panel will eliminate jurors who may have a bias one way or another, by asking whether they know any of the parties involved, or have any prior knowledge of the case, like having heard pretrial publicity, for example. In some cases, a Change of Venue may be granted, if a judge feels one of the parties might not receive a fair trial in that jurisdiction due to notoriety of the case.

Given that Trump is a former US President, and also a tycoon, everybody knows who he is, and and probably has an opinion of him. Change of Venue probably would do no good in a case like that, and doubtful he could gain sympathy for his plight at this point, by testifying in person.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Nope. The word "they" is not in with "Think of the fantasies". You hear the word "they" because CNN tells you to think it is there and you want to believe it over your own ears so badly.

I notice you are still refusing to answer my questions. Dodge, twist, deflect and personal attacks is all you have to avoid answering.

Oh stop it. The transcript is there, and the video is there. People can make up their own minds.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Oh stop it. The transcript is there, and the video is there. People can make up their own minds.
Oh stop what?

And some can run with what CNN tells them.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Oh stop what?

And some can run with what CNN tells them.

CNN conducted the interview, they should know. If you think they've defrauded their own transcript, prove it.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:42 PM

Quote:
CNN conducted the interview, they should know. If you think they've defrauded their own transcript, prove it.
Listen to the video. the proof is right there. I bet you didn't even listen to it, you just ran with what CNN told you to think and now you're just pretending that you can hear it on the video.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on you to answer those two questions I'd previously asked. Why are you dodging answering them? as if I didn't know, lol.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Listen to the video. the proof is right there. I bet you didn't even listen to it, you just ran with what CNN told you to think and now you're just pretending that you can hear it on the video.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on you to answer those two questions I'd previously asked. Why are you dodging answering them? as if I didn't know, lol.
You first. I'm waiting for you to admit that you misrepresented Carroll when you claimed she said she thought rape was sexy.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:48 PM

Quote:
You first. I'm waiting for you to admit that you misrepresented Carroll when you claimed she said she thought rape was sexy.
Why should I admit to that? how silly.

I didn't misrepresent her. She confirmed she was thinking it was when she said "think of the fantasies" and then when she tried(lol) to be sexy and hit on Cooper.

But since you'd refused to answer my questions many, many times then we'll take that as you believe she was lying about the rape. And, that you are liking that people may be forced to pay large sums of money if they dare publicly claim they're innocent of allegations aimed at them.

Now, that it's settled, this conversation is done.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Why should I admit to that? how silly.

I didn't misrepresent her. She confirmed she was thinking it was when she said "think of the fantasies" and then when she tried(lol) to be sexy and hit on Cooper.
Of course you misrepresented her.

You said this:

Quote:
No. He was on tape talking about sexual acts with willing women.
Meanwhile she was on tape saying rape is sexy and hitting on Cooper.
And here's what the tape actually said:

And you still won't admit that you misrepresented what she said.

Quote:
But since you'd refused to answer my questions many, many times then we'll take that as you believe she was lying about the rape. And, that you are liking that people may be forced to pay large sums of money if they dare publicly claim they're innocent of allegations aimed at them.

Now, that it's settled, this conversation is done.
I believe her story. Now let's see if you stick to your claim that you're done with this conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies