Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:58 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times

Advertisements

In response to a question at a conference in Boston last night, Mary Matalin and James Carville took turns eviscerating Scott McClellan and his new book.

Doug Ross @ Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:10 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
It's called "character-assasination"!

It's an aspect of mastering "democracy". You know, free speech is free to all, but step on the wrong toes, you're gonna pay for it.

What makes it even more interesting is that this guy was the press secretary, so he should be able to fend off attacks on his character and should know the ins and outs of how the media works, but as it stands, the media is part of the culprit to blame in all of this too!

Interesting saga yet to be played out.

OTOH - I wonder if this is some prelude (the book..)to show regualar Americans what to watch out for in the case for the administration making the case to drum up support to wage war with Iran?!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:13 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Set yourself up for "character assassination", what do you expect, cake and ice cream? Sheez.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Scotty the Scumbag.

A little man with a whole lot of new friends in the media.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Scotty the Scumbag.

I don't think he exactly has friends in the media.
He inadverdently blames them for contributing to the lies by spinning the reality, editing important information among other things that led up to the war in Iraq.

In other words, the "media" is partly to blame in his "memoir".

Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I don't think he exactly has friends in the media.
He inadverdently blames them for contributing to the lies by spinning the reality, editing important information among other things that led up to the war in Iraq.

In other words, the "media" is partly to blame in his "memoir".
I said "new" friends. The ones making hay out of this Judas.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Set yourself up for "character assassination", what do you expect, cake and ice cream? Sheez.
I'm sure he knew what to expect going in. I'm sure he's not as daft as you'd make out to be in your remark.

What i mean by "character assasination" is that "they" will discredit him at every chance available whether he's right and they're wrong or vice-versa.

I tend to believe there is a degree of insurmountable truth as to what Scotty has to say. He's just saying what the majority of folks concluded some time ago. He's just so happens to be someone with some degree of credibility being the press secretary and all.

My only gripe with S.M. is that i'd wish he said what he's saying some time ago.

Another thing is, i hope he donates the proceeds from his book to charity or something of the likes, maybe to help war veterans.

Last edited by Blue Grass Fever; 05-30-2008 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: deft to daft...

Old 05-30-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I said "new" friends. The ones making hay out of this Judas.
Gotcha.

You're the one that is part-time serious and part-time facetious. Hard to tell sometimes, at least for me, what exactly are you conveying at times.

My bad....

Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Scotty the Scumbag.

So, you think he did it for the money (as I believe he did too)?

Considering the lack of ability to impact policy at this time, if he were ethical, wouldn't he have at least waited until after Bush left office?

Old 05-30-2008, 09:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
In the end I suspect he want the money that a controversial book will make. Some peole think millions are worht burnig bridges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies