Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2023, 05:58 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
So, if entertainment businesses directed at Blacks don't hire enough Whites, you think it's OK for companies with hundreds of thousands of employees to not hire Blacks? Your examples are awful.

How is it racist to expand your recruiting to include sources with a higher number of Black candidates? Are you saying my employer should not recruit at HBCU's? Note that I said that the qualifications for hiring were the same as for any other candidates.
"you think it's OK for companies with hundreds of thousands of employees to not hire Blacks?

Never made the claim so STOP making things up.

It is "racist".

" Your examples are awful."

Why?

Only in your very bias mind.

Why is it OK to have all black magazines and TV shows but NOT all white?

If WHITE owned companies have to comply with hiring X amount of blacks, black owned companies should have to hire X amount of whites.

THAT is EQUAL rights!

"Are you saying my employer should not recruit at HBCU's?"

Don't know what HBCU is.

I AM saying a company wants to hire the BEST PERSON who applies. No matter the race or sex.

I know, a novel idea.

The same people like you WANT "equal" rights, as long as it is advantage to blacks.

BUT, you do NOT want "equal" rights applies to blacks.

I call that being "racist"

Let's play your game.

A pro basketball team has about 17 players.

Being blacks make up about 13% of the population and say half are males, then by using YOUR logic on "equal" rights, only 6 or 7 can be on a team.

How would you like that?

We either HAVE, EQUAL rights, or we do not!

You CAN'T have it BOTH ways!

And I know you won't believe this but, I have had very good black friends my entire life.

Can you say the same about white friends?

Old 07-02-2023, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Actually, I knew several.

Quite a few, even if the founder was somewhat odd.

I couldn't say. Maybe as many blacks as play in the Grand Ol' Opry? Don't confuse things.

Maybe those places don't discriminate. Next you'll be telling me that black colleges discriminate. You get stuck on surface generalities.

Actually, as shown, it is inaccurate.
"that black colleges"

Why do we even have "black colleges" anymore?

Do we still have any "white" colleges?

You either want "EQUAL" rights or, you do NOT!

Old 07-02-2023, 07:01 AM

15,468 posts, read 7,516,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"that black colleges"

Those schools are Historically Black Colleges and Universities. They were created in the days of segregation and, for whatever reason, have student bodies that are still mostly Black. Some of that is because students go to the same schools their parents did. They all admit anyone from any background.

The two State HBCUs in the Houston area are Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M. Both have student bodies that are about 83% Black. TSU was created by Houston ISD in 1927 to provide a higher level education for Blacks. Prairie View was created by the Texas Legislature in 1876 for the same reason and at the same time as Texas A&M.

Old 07-02-2023, 08:07 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,195,084 times
Quote:
And MLK was a REPUB, until jfk promised to let him out pf jail if he changed parties, and most of his family still are.
Internet hoax! Daddy King was a Republican until the GA threw out all blacks. Martin Luther King, Jr. was never a Republican (nor a Democrat), no matter how the GOP wants to change history. You show very little knowledge of the history of blacks in America.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/video-mlk-republican/

Last edited by Manigault; 07-02-2023 at 08:20 AM..

Old 07-02-2023, 08:18 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,195,084 times
Quote:
"that black colleges"

No black colleges barred white folks, whites just never attended in more than small. Black colleges grew due to segregation and now prosper. Whites are still welcome. We have HBCUs because of history and now they foster black excellence.

Quote:
Here we go! Next you will ask about Black History Month. Do we have colleges which are overwhelmingly white? Yes. Was there in our nation a college established expressly for Jews? Yes. One established expressly for Polish people? Yes. But you choose to question black colleges.

You never query about why black colleges were established but now question their existence?

Quote:
Black state colleges received far lower funding than their white state college counterparts. Tell me where the inequality lies now.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Those schools are Historically Black Colleges and Universities. They were created in the days of segregation and, for whatever reason, have student bodies that are still mostly Black. Some of that is because students go to the same schools their parents did. They all admit anyone from any background.

The two State HBCUs in the Houston area are Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M. Both have student bodies that are about 83% Black. TSU was created by Houston ISD in 1927 to provide a higher level education for Blacks. Prairie View was created by the Texas Legislature in 1876 for the same reason and at the same time as Texas A&M.
"Those schools are Historically Black Colleges and Universities."

REALLY? I never knew that.

Thank you so much for informing me!

Now back to the questions.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:54 AM

21,953 posts, read 9,532,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I find that such an opinion is a fiction to which resentful whites cling. It basically preaches victimhood and is inaccurate.
Well, I have had plenty of friends with this experience. I don't give a flying f if you try to paint me as a racist. Most thinking people see it all the time. I had a friend whose husband was working in a field that usually women work in. He was laid off and looking for year when the market was very strong. It was always him against a black woman. EVERY time. One hiring manager (also a black woman) told him 'he was too white'.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its hilarious how you want to reach into private companies and tell them how to do their hiring. So much for the party of small government. Wild.
I don't recall saying anything like that so I know you can't be referring to me.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Between overturning Roe and banning AA. The Republicans are doomed for 20 more years if their lucky.

When the boomers die off and the minority majority America takes over, it will be a communist paradise in this country.

Just wait till the last BIG immigrant wave starts coming in from Africa. There will be no one stopping it.

Very very short sightedness indeed, as the bridge has been burned.

PS.. very pragmatic insight into our future. What you thought was coming, will now come to fruition x 5.
20 years is far too optimistic. Try 5.

Old 07-03-2023, 06:55 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Can we get rid of race-based hiring?

Now that affirmative action ended in universities it's only a matter of time before a case is brought before the USSC regarding the use of race when hiriing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies