Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 08:32 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,895,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Or just move these threads to the forums which exist for the major cities they tend to happen in.

I've been saying for a couple of years now that this will get a lot worse. We're not just not addressing the underlying causes of the spike in extreme events, we're flatly ignoring that there IS any underlying cause.

There's going to be a delay between the time that we, as a society, decide to take this problem seriously and when we see any benefit from that decision. We're talking a generation. The sooner we start, the sooner this will end but no matter what, it's a problem we're going to have to live with for a while.

The people in government know this, btw. I fully expect that they're allowing the problem to escalate because it'll eventually mean that they get to declare martial law or invoke some other extraordinary excuse to forcibly disarm the People. I keep an eye on the gun control issue at a global level and the governments of virtually all Western countries are working in the same direction. Canada being the shiniest example, with Trudeau having gone from "Canada has a rich tradition of guns & hunting" to "No more gun sales" in just a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 08:32 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,411,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Precisely. I don't consider these inner-city shootings as "mass shootings". Not that a mass shooting couldn't occur in an inner-city neighborhood. It's just that these inner-city shootings simply reek of "gang shootings". In other words, one gang or neighborhood gets "dissed" by another gang or neighborhood and the result is a revenge type gang shooting.

It's just one group of young savages warring with another group of young savages. Yes, it's unfortunate and tragic because it often involves innocent people who have nothing to do with the gangs, but that's life in many/most of the big cities.
They are gang war fare. Declare them war zones and declare martial law and go in and sweep them. Metal detectors to go in and out, house by house sweeps. You are going to find so many felons living in households with guns.

Old 07-04-2023, 08:37 AM

9,936 posts, read 4,693,984 times
13 hours since arrest of a suspect and no name, photo or motive yet.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:15 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,162,676 times
Another gang shooting in a gang area. Happens daily.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:19 AM

1,866 posts, read 936,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
13 hours since arrest of a suspect and no name, photo or motive yet.
I've noticed a pattern with these mass shootings...

If the shooter is white, their name/photo is usually released quickly and the media harps about them being a white mass shooter & they try to figure out how they can interject race into the news story.

If the shooter is non-white, their name/photo is usually withheld for as long as possible and the news story quickly dies out.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:35 AM

73,108 posts, read 62,755,053 times
What is sad is that I expect to hear about this.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:59 AM

9,936 posts, read 4,693,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
I've noticed a pattern with these mass shootings...

If the shooter is white, their name/photo is usually released quickly and the media harps about them being a white mass shooter & they try to figure out how they can interject race into the news story.

If the shooter is non-white, their name/photo is usually withheld for as long as possible and the news story quickly dies out.

This. I also notice now the media is saying an AR type rifle, not AR-15. Also have to wonder if there is something about the motive they don't want released.

I'm also wondering since there have been several of these killings/shooting at public gatherings have to wonder if there is some organized planning or copy cats But this is getting like the Tennessee shooters manifesto. Could he be wanted for something else and lawyered up for a plea deal?

Old 07-04-2023, 10:35 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,603,481 times
I can't speculate about the shooter's race or his motives, but I do find it odd that nothing has been released about him. This event doesn't look like the typical unplanned, spontaneous, drug or gang related, you dissed me, yo mama, bang bang happening. The shooter had on a bullet proof vest and was carrying a police scanner radio as well as the weapons. And assuming he was from that neighborhood, he had to know he was headed down a blind alley when he was captured.

Oh well. Happy 4th

Old 07-04-2023, 10:41 AM

39,892 posts, read 26,570,898 times
Philly-yet another failed leftist-managed city devolving into a bunch of savages and tribes slaughtering each other.

Old 07-04-2023, 10:52 AM

30,534 posts, read 19,279,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
This is 12 hours old at this point and police said they got a suspect early on. They have yet to release the suspects name, a booking photo or put them through a perp walk. Or show a motive.
They're looking for a narrative to go with, maybe the FBI will be tasked with photoshopping some MAGA gear on the person, then they'll have their narrative to go on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies