Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 08:15 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The article came from The Epoch Times.

The Epoch Times

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Fake News, Failed Fact Checks

Bias Rating: RIGHT

Factual Reporting: MIXED
Is it possible your suspicions towards The Epoch Times is... a conspiracy theory?

Old 09-02-2023, 10:29 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,158,315 times
It is my fault that the vaccine is slowly taking my life. It was my choice, even though if I had known about the side effects I would not have taken it. But what about those who either had to take it or lose their job? Some people could have lost a pension they had worked on for many years. Some would have had to leave an occupation that they had gone through years of school to qualify for. All because of an illness no more deadly than the flu. They were forced to take a shot of a substance that had only been tested for a short time. No way for them to know the long-term side effects. And still no way to be sure which was riskier, covid or the vaccine. People deserved to be able to make an informed and voluntary choice. We were just lied to, again, by our government.

Old 09-02-2023, 10:35 AM

15,531 posts, read 7,559,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It is my fault that the vaccine is slowly taking my life. It was my choice, even though if I had known about the side effects I would not have taken it. But what about those who either had to take it or lose their job? Some people could have lost a pension they had worked on for many years. Some would have had to leave an occupation that they had gone through years of school to qualify for. All because of an illness no more deadly than the flu. They were forced to take a shot of a substance that had only been tested for a short time. No way for them to know the long-term side effects. And still no way to be sure which was riskier, covid or the vaccine. People deserved to be able to make an informed and voluntary choice. We were just lied to, again, by our government.
No one lied about anything, except the petulant antivaxxers who hate to be told to do anything, and whose average response is "you can't make me"

Covid is far more contagious than flu and has worse long term effects.

Old 09-02-2023, 10:43 AM

24,030 posts, read 15,133,478 times
While weighing the pros and cons of vaccines, add in the bad results of some of things vaccines were developed to stop.

A friend had measles. They lead to him being bed ridden for the rest of his life. He was 12 when he contracted measles, but the results of the measles leading to worse things left him with the mind of a 3 year old.

Us older people all have friends or relatives that are living with the results of polio. My good friend cannot bend his knees. Hard to sit and get up some times. He has to be very careful about where he sits.

23,861 posts, read 24,145,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The article came from The Epoch Times.

The Epoch Times

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Fake News, Failed Fact Checks

Bias Rating: RIGHT

Factual Reporting: MIXED
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So what? The original article links to studies.
They do this to justify their response to the cognitive dissonance they're experiencing when exposed to information which challenges any part of their worldview. If they can convince themselves that the source isn't credible, they don't have to examine the claims. It's usually the self-described "critical thinkers" who do this, ironically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
No one lied about anything, except the petulant antivaxxers who hate to be told to do anything, and whose average response is "you can't make me"

The effectiveness of the vaccine was lied about. Biden said it would "prevent" covid which was a flat-out lie. It was a "lie by omission" to not tell anyone about the vaccine side effects.

Old 09-02-2023, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
While weighing the pros and cons of vaccines, add in the bad results of some of things vaccines were developed to stop.

A friend had measles. They lead to him being bed ridden for the rest of his life. He was 12 when he contracted measles, but the results of the measles leading to worse things left him with the mind of a 3 year old.

Us older people all have friends or relatives that are living with the results of polio. My good friend cannot bend his knees. Hard to sit and get up some times. He has to be very careful about where he sits.
Those vaccines were tested for a long time, the covid vaccine was rushed.

Old 09-02-2023, 10:48 AM

10,512 posts, read 4,072,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/co...se-new-vaccine

a lot of people died suddenly after getting vaxxed. so much so they made a documentary on it:
https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1307690265/

no one knows what the long term effects are yet. do own research before getting jabbed...
Due to the fact that most medicine these days is in the control of people who want to become wealthy from it, not actually help people, makes me skeptical of all of it.

Old 09-02-2023, 11:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,145,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

This is a wholly different sort of injection.

What you and I consider to be a 'vaccine' is a preparation which includes a sample of the thing it's supposed to vaccinate against. It uses your own body's immune system to build your immunity naturally, by being exposed to a controlled amount of the pathogen.

What this shot does is try to trigger your immune system by teaching it to look for a single characteristic of the virus. Your body only learns that one thing about it and hasn't been exposed to the actual bug, and thus can't protect against it when, not if, it mutates around what the shot does.

Some argue that "it's the same thing" because both mechanisms trigger an immunological response. Doesn't seem like the same thing to me, though. How about you? Is exposure to the actual virus the same thing as receiving an injection with a single aspect of that virus programmed into it?

I don't care if they call it 'therapy' or 'treatment' or 'preventative care' or whatever, but it's not a 'vaccine.' That word has always meant what it means and this shot isn't that.

My skepticism (initially; we know much more now) stemmed from the fact that the definition was being forcefully changed with little or no notice to the people who'd be receiving the shots, and that despite this technology being around for decades, this was the first time it made it to market and nobody was questioning that.

We know how corrupt the relationship is between government and pharma and despite all that corruption, an mRNA product still hadn't been approved before the emergency authorization provided by the feds. Red flag. Giant, frantically waving red flag.

Vaccines are great. I love vaccines. This isn't a vaccine. It's different, we're just starting to discover how those differences affect people and none of it looks good.

Old 09-02-2023, 11:13 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,223,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post

A truly uninformed response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies