Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 05:50 PM

15,403 posts, read 7,464,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Simple fix. Hubby should have said "be still, there's a rattlesnake near your foot".

Was that difficult?
That would not have worked either. The now ex-wife couldn't be told anything without being completely oppositional. Her response would have been "don't be stupid, and stop trying to tell me what to do".

Old 09-02-2023, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
You must not have been reading online much before the internet was scrubbed of actual research. And yes, people are capable of reading research and opinions and conclusions and sorting it all out (or most of it). The kind of "thinking" you seem to be advocating for is some "expert" digesting everything for you and spoon-feeding it to you?

Did you get the jab(s)?
The internet was "scrubbed"? That's hilarious. It would be like secretly trying to scrub the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

Old 09-02-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Yes they did. They told us it was safe and effective. It was neither. Furthermore, it had not been properly clinically trialled. Did you not notice how they tried to hide the 'trial' results for 75 years?

They lied. Governments lied. And they broke the laws. They broke the internationally agreed on laws.
No one lied. No laws were broken. That's all oppositional BS pushed by conspiracy theorists.

Standard clinical trials are nearly impossible when developing a vaccines for a pandemic virus. I suppose your solution would have been to have 10 years of clinical trials while people died like flies at the Raid factory.

Old 09-02-2023, 06:33 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
No one lied. No laws were broken. That's all oppositional BS pushed by conspiracy theorists.

Standard clinical trials are nearly impossible when developing a vaccines for a pandemic virus. I suppose your solution would have been to have 10 years of clinical trials while people died like flies at the Raid factory.
My solution would have been that when the trial group had a higher mortality rate than the control group, to say, stop right there! Not to hide the results for 75 years and push it anyway.

You say no laws were broken? I beg to differ. In my parts for example, the minister of health was told by the courts that the mandates he wanted to impose were illegal. He imposed them anyway.

Are you familiar with the Nuremberg Code? By international law it is illegal to mandate , force or coerce anyone to take an experimental therapeutic.

One may offer such a therapeutic on condition that it is entirely voluntary and that the person has been fully informed of the possible risks. Now here's a thing, if the possible risks are unknown then such a therapeutic should not be offered in the first place. But in any case, we were told that the covid therapeutic was safe and effective. We we were NOT warned of the possible side effects. Side effects which by the way, were known to Pfizer and Moderna. And we know that those side effects were known because a Pfizer spokesperson mentioned those side effects in 2018.

Yes, we were lied to and laws were broken.

Quote:
Because their lack of vaccination greatly increases the potential for injuring others.
And that is BS. That is an example of the lies we were told. it would stop the spread. Herd immunity. The therapeutic had no influence on injuring others whatsoever. In fact, it's more likely to be the other way round since the vaxxed have been getting covid at a higher rate than unvaxxed.

Last edited by 303Guy; 09-02-2023 at 07:09 PM..

Old 09-02-2023, 06:48 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
You must not have been reading online much before the internet was scrubbed of actual research. And yes, people are capable of reading research and opinions and conclusions and sorting it all out (or most of it). The kind of "thinking" you seem to be advocating for is some "expert" digesting everything for you and spoon-feeding it to you?

Did you get the jab(s)?

So you agree the science is scrubbed and tainted, but you're willing to go all-in on the vitriol and judgment anyway, at least against those you have decided are "others". So you're a willing participant in the problem.

This isn't how real scientific questions get decided. It's how politics gets decided.

Old 09-02-2023, 06:50 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
The internet was "scrubbed"? That's hilarious. It would be like secretly trying to scrub the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
It wasn't done in secret. Or maybe it was at the time, but not now. There certainly was a lot of censorship of the dialogue.

I don't know all the right answers then or now. But I do know that we won't fix it until we realize the way all this was rolled out and used to turn people against each other arguing and hating each other over a virus and a vaccine and possible treatments being tried, was not the right way.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 09-02-2023 at 06:59 PM..

Old 09-02-2023, 07:10 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
It wasn't done in secret. Or maybe it was at the time, but not now. There certainly was a lot of censorship of the dialogue.

I don't know all the right answers then or now. But I don't think we'll fix it until we realize the way all this was rolled out and used to turn people against each other arguing and hating each other over a virus and a vaccine and possible treatments being tried, was not the right way.
I, um, I avoid ticks.

I learned that they are all jabbers.

While working at the NIAID, the highest level, emeritus (Lyme) tick researcher, told me to quit smoking because it was bad for my health.

Ticks are attracted to carbon dioxide.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...484059432.html

I told another scientist, that some humans are vectors. While he laughed, he asked a security guard walking by, "Do you believe that humans are vectors?" Of course, she said she didn't know what a "vector" was.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 09-02-2023 at 07:32 PM..

Old 09-02-2023, 07:58 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Eat, and drink what you want, but you are still going to die. Nothing will save any of us from death. You're one day closer to it every time you wake up regardless of how much filtered water and organic food you eat.
Duh. I focus on health because I would like my remaining days to be - wait for it - healthy. And I know there are no guarantees and I might croak tonight. Does not negate wanting to live live in health, if possible. My practices might help - they might not - but so far, so good.

Old 09-02-2023, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Because their lack of vaccination greatly increases the potential for injuring others.
This is incorrect.

Old 09-02-2023, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Might seem funny to you, but to the people who were actually researching all they could - there were tons of articles and studies available and then one day there weren't. I had links that were unavailable - searches that produced nothing. You had to be there - and obviously, you weren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies