Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 02:11 PM

15,778 posts, read 7,807,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There were studies on the mRNA on the internet before it became a political tool for the left. At that point, they were removed. I was lucky to read them before their removal. Another article that was removed had to do with the long struggle to ge try to get mRNA vaccines approved, a couple of decades at least, but due to the side effects, it had not gotten approval. Big Pharma was not getting the profits they had been getting, and were clamoring for approval. One, I believe it was BioTech had financial troubles. So, wa-la. Big Pharma is a BIG financial contributor to both the CDC and FDA (about 75% of the financing I read).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/ That is one of the few articles left on the internet. It was published in 2018, and it advised that more study would be necessary due to the side effects, two of which were: blood clots and autoimmune disease. Yeah, I was not willing to risk that over what appeared to really not be as big of a threat as blood clots and/or autoimmune disease.

We avoid flu shots, exercise and eat pretty healthy, so our immune systems are still functioning either despite our age, or because of our age.

Those that got it, and have yet to suffer any side effects are going to try to justify their reasons, and I don't think most of us really care what their justifications are. I am surprised though that people are still getting it after all the info about the hazards involved, but then, maybe "Ignorance is bliss."
What hazards? I've seen no credible evidence that there are any hazards that exceed the potential for effects caused by the disease.

Old 09-02-2023, 02:17 PM

7,270 posts, read 4,247,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
What hazards? I've seen no credible evidence that there are any hazards that exceed the potential for effects caused by the disease.

Might want to do some deeper research. Up to you. I posted this thread because the govt. is going to be pushing covid vaxing again soon...

Old 09-02-2023, 02:24 PM

3,558 posts, read 1,561,051 times
Quote:
Why can you not accept other people's choices not to get vaccinated?

Old 09-02-2023, 03:22 PM

8,439 posts, read 4,630,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Thanks for the tutorial. I agree what was consider a vaccination is not what the Covid stuff is. And it caused more confusion. One could pass on Covid days before they showed any symptoms. One could have covid and not even be aware of it. About the best that could be said of the misnamed Covid Vaccine is it won't prevent you getting its, but it probably won't kill ya.
I'm not totally convinced about that either. Every other claim they made was false, why is that one automatically true. It's not as if we can trust their claims.

Old 09-02-2023, 03:25 PM

18,607 posts, read 16,029,793 times
Let's consider the polio vaccine history:

Salk tested his experimental killed-virus vaccine on himself and his family in 1953, and a year later on 1.6 million children in Canada, Finland and the USA. The results were announced on 12 April 1955, and Salk's inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) was licensed on the same day.

Source

Old 09-02-2023, 03:33 PM

8,439 posts, read 4,630,369 times
Quote:
When the event I mentioned happened they were still married. They lived on 500+ acres and she was well aware of the potential for snakes, but could not stand being told what to do.

I was pointing out that failing to do something you were told to do may result in your death or a painful injury.
Simple fix. Hubby should have said "be still, there's a rattlesnake near your foot".

Was that difficult?

Old 09-02-2023, 03:33 PM

73 posts, read 46,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
This thread shows exactly what the problem is with both politics and science these days.

The idea that we can "do our own research" is preposterous when there are research papers and studies and scientists and websites and documentaries each equally professing different points of view, different results. We can't trust the research that is out there any more, there is no "own research". I don't trust anyone who claims they really know.

Politics has infected science to the point where both are compromised. On this topic and every other that matters, from energy to climate. I don't know how we'll ever fix it. We argue over tribe and scientific religion, not facts... because truly none of us can really know. But people will argue intensely as if they do. We argue in a way that true believers in true scientific principles never would.

This 2x

Old 09-02-2023, 03:41 PM

1,332 posts, read 612,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There were studies on the mRNA on the internet before it became a political tool for the left. At that point, they were removed. I was lucky to read them before their removal. Another article that was removed had to do with the long struggle to ge try to get mRNA vaccines approved, a couple of decades at least, but due to the side effects, it had not gotten approval. Big Pharma was not getting the profits they had been getting, and were clamoring for approval. One, I believe it was BioTech had financial troubles. So, wa-la. Big Pharma is a BIG financial contributor to both the CDC and FDA (about 75% of the financing I read).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/ That is one of the few articles left on the internet. It was published in 2018, and it advised that more study would be necessary due to the side effects, two of which were: blood clots and autoimmune disease. Yeah, I was not willing to risk that over what appeared to really not be as big of a threat as blood clots and/or autoimmune disease.

We avoid flu shots, exercise and eat pretty healthy, so our immune systems are still functioning either despite our age, or because of our age.

Those that got it, and have yet to suffer any side effects are going to try to justify their reasons, and I don't think most of us really care what their justifications are. I am surprised though that people are still getting it after all the info about the hazards involved, but then, maybe "Ignorance is bliss."
I also read everything I could before the internet was scrubbed - there was a lot of very interesting info - most of my family never even saw any of that and just did what the TV told them to do and I'm a "conspiracy theorist" because I'm careful with my health and try to live as "cleanly" as possible (meaning eat organic foods, drink filtered water and all the other things).

Old 09-02-2023, 03:45 PM

1,332 posts, read 612,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
This thread shows exactly what the problem is with both politics and science these days.

The idea that we can "do our own research" is preposterous when there are research papers and studies and scientists and websites and documentaries each equally professing different points of view, different results. We can't trust the research that is out there any more, there is no "own research". I don't trust anyone who claims they really know.

Politics has infected science to the point where both are compromised. On this topic and every other that matters, from energy to climate. I don't know how we'll ever fix it. We argue over tribe and scientific religion, not facts... because truly none of us can really know. But people will argue intensely as if they do. We argue in a way that true believers in true scientific principles never would.
You must not have been reading online much before the internet was scrubbed of actual research. And yes, people are capable of reading research and opinions and conclusions and sorting it all out (or most of it). The kind of "thinking" you seem to be advocating for is some "expert" digesting everything for you and spoon-feeding it to you?

Did you get the jab(s)?

Old 09-02-2023, 03:46 PM

4,659 posts, read 2,358,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Most scientific opinions these days are bought and paid for by special interest groups.
Not just these days. Remember when scientist and doctors said smoking was not harmful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies