Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 01:01 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Seriously, why would anyone support big pharma and a vaccine that causes an increase of myocarditis?
It's math. A net-net game. Personally, I'm with you. If I was a young male, no chance I'd be getting the vaccine. It's 146 for every 100,000. Not all serious. Obviously, for younger males, those odds are higher. Again, it's math.

Should he promote guns? McDonalds? Chew? Nike's made with low-wage children? Hunting? Someone is going to judge. You decided to judge a vaccine

Old 09-26-2023, 01:08 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
There are lots of "they's". Using indefinite pronouns isn't helpful. If someone has something significant to say they should be precise.

Some could read the OP to mean the CDC, others drug manufacturers, others left wing media, others the Democratic party. So who IS the boogey man behind this commercial??

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"
Sigmund Freud

"Whoa, whoa, whoa.........whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?"

-- Michelle Obama (She/Him)

The whole thing seems........contrived. I'm not a Kelce fan, and clearly, he can date who he wants to. But this all seems really, really........non-organic. The Pfauxer ad drops, and then the "rumor" of the two of them dating is affirmed at the Chiefs/Bears game.

Maybe, just maybe, the timing is ironic. Or maybe, just maybe, this is all being orchestrated.

Old 09-26-2023, 01:47 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

The whole thing seems........contrived. I'm not a Kelce fan, and clearly, he can date who he wants to. But this all seems really, really........non-organic. The Pfauxer ad drops, and then the "rumor" of the two of them dating is affirmed at the Chiefs/Bears game.

Maybe, just maybe, the timing is ironic. Or maybe, just maybe, this is all being orchestrated.
They are both broke. Swift at 3/4 of a Billion dollars and her 'welfare' BF at $30M. It was a matter of economics. They had to do to put food on the table.

Old 09-26-2023, 01:58 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I haven't seen too much negative about her. She is extremely generous to those who work for her. She gave $100,000 bonuses to about 50 truck drivers who worked on her tour, and I read she gave out 55 million in bonuses altogether for staff. I doubt they think she's a horrible person.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taylor-...-drivers-crew/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ur-1234799207/

"Swift recently gave bonuses totaling more than $55 million to each person working on her show, according to People. This includes everyone from dancers to sound technicians, catering to riggers, and more. The mega artist also reportedly gave $100,000 bonuses to around 50 of her production truck drivers, per ET and TMZ, which first reported the news."
Swift also donates to food banks in the Era Tour cities. Lots of money donated to food banks.

https://relevantmagazine.com/culture...the-eras-tour/

Old 09-26-2023, 02:16 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Seriously, why would anyone support big pharma and a vaccine that causes an increase of myocarditis?

I have gotten 3 Pfizer shots total and I feel fine. But I’m an older guy. I don’t think any healthy person under 50 should be getting the vaccine.

As far as big pharma, their poor reputation speaks for itself.

Couldn’t Kelce have found a more wholesome product to shill for? I think he could have.
Your original comment was that the commercial implored parents to vaccinate 6 month olds. That was not true and not in the commercial.

If one believes that overall getting the covid vaccine over not getting it saves lives then doing the commercial is considered public service for him and important to do.

If I was a well known person I would stay away from doing covid vaccine commercials. But that is me because its controversial and you get slammed by people who have nothing better to do than slam because they are jealous of your success.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:17 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

At least someone gets it. The timing of it is incredibly suspicious to me.

If he just shilled for Pfizer and that was it, I probably would’ve just left this alone. But since he’s been plastered all over the media 24/7 over the last week “talking” to Taylor Swift, and his Pfizer commercial came out at the same time, that’s just too much of a coincidence for me.

Old 09-27-2023, 08:17 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Per OP question - next time you watch a weekend of football (like my wife and I do between college and pro) have a piece of paper and a pen handy and just tally every time there is a commercial for healthcare, insurance or pharmaceuticals. That number will get big in a hurry.

They pay a lot of money to the media-political complex to not only have things go their way, but for you to accept that 2 + 2 = 5.

Old 09-27-2023, 08:25 AM

4,343 posts, read 2,227,253 times
The big pharm commercials, especially for the covid jab (not a vaccine) is an instant channel change for me - not going to let that dreck into my body ever again as the risks outweigh any claimed benefit.

Old 09-27-2023, 08:39 AM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
The big pharm commercials, especially for the covid jab (not a vaccine) is an instant channel change for me - not going to let that dreck into my body ever again as the risks outweigh any claimed benefit.
That’s your choice, as it was Kelce’s to be a spokesman for Pfizer and Bud Light.

Old 09-27-2023, 08:41 AM

4,343 posts, read 2,227,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
That’s your choice, as it was Kelce’s to be a spokesman for Pfizer and Bud Light.
Promise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies