Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2023, 12:18 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I think they would have gone down for murder no matter what, but I did dig up the article since you failed to do so.

8 teens arrested in fatal beating of Las Vegas high school student Nov. 14, 2023, 10:16 PM EST
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ent-rcna125238
At least two other people believed to have been involved in the attack have not been identified, and the police department Tuesday night planned to circulate video of the pair with the hope someone would recognize them and come forward, Johansson said.

Johansson said the fight was over stolen headphones and possibly a stolen marijuana vape pen that belonged to either Lewis or his friend.The friend had agreed to a fight in the alley after school, he said, but as the parties squared off, Lewis apparently stepped in to defend his friend and was attacked.

So how many were in "Lewis party" and how many thugs arrived to "square off" with Lewis and his friend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2023, 12:19 PM

13,742 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
There was no "fight," there was a gang of 15 thugs jumping on Jonathan Lewis, when he came to stand up for his friend who was mugged and thrown into dumpster, when he demanded his stuff back.

I already saw the mentioning that police think they know that gang members were involved.
Link?

Quote:
There was no "fight,"
Still waiting for what the kid Lewis was trying to help has to say.

Quote:
One woman who lives near where the fight happened said neighbors often witness acts of violence in the alley.

“I feel like I see this often, like it happens a lot, but this is like the worst that I’ve seen,” she said. “I heard screaming. It was different because usually you’ll hear like a ball of kids, but this time it was more like pain, like painful screams.
https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/11/23...-beaten-death/

Last edited by john3232; 11-27-2023 at 12:31 PM..

Old 11-27-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Link?

"Investigators learned that the fight had been prearranged after a pair of wireless headphones and possibly a vape pen were stolen from Lewis' friend, Johansson said.
He said it is believed that Lewis was not supposed to be involved in the fight but accompanied his friend to the alleyway where the fight was arranged to take place after classes ended for the day.

In the alley, Lewis engaged "initially with one subject, and the minute the punch is thrown with that person, 10 subjects immediately swarm him, put him into the ground and begin kicking and stomping on him," he said.

Lewis' father, Jonathan Lewis Sr., told the Review-Journal that his son had been attacked while standing up "for one of his smaller friends."

"On a GoFundMe page, Lewis' father wrote that his son's girlfriend told him "one of his smaller friends had something stolen by this group of 15 and they threw the small boy in the trash can and our son confronted them and he was attacked by them."

https://www.newsweek.com/jonathan-le...udents-1843988

Are you getting a picture?

The smaller kid decided to confront these thugs who stole some stuff from him, ( and Lewis was by his side,) but I bet neither one of them expected the whole gang of 15 to show up, to show them "who is running the hood," and who dictate the rules.

Once Lewis and that kid realized what was going on, it was too late.

“One of his smaller friends had something stolen by this group of 15, and they threw the small boy in the trash can, and our son confronted them and he was attacked,” according to a GoFundMe page set up by his family."

https://nypost.com/2023/11/12/news/l...f-high-school/

This last article was from November 12th, but look, on November 23rd, it's already "ALLEGEDLY" thrown in the trash can, however it's not "ALLEGEDLY" when it comes to a statement "of a family member of one of the four teens charged with murder over the assault also claimed to The Post a knife was present during the incident."

https://nypost.com/2023/11/23/news/n...-was-involved/

Wait till they will twist and turn the story, in order to get the lesser punishment for the thugs, while turning Lewis into the villain.

Old 11-27-2023, 12:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:

This last article was from November 12th, but look, on November 23rd, it's already "ALLEGEDLY" thrown in the trash can, however it's not "ALLEGEDLY" when it comes to a statement "of a family member of one of the four teens charged with murder over the assault also claimed to The Post a knife was present during the incident."

Wait till they will twist and turn the story, in order to get the lesser punishment for the thugs, while turning Lewis into the villain.
This is correct. The family member didn't "allegedly claim", the family member made that claim.

And the smaller boy was "allegedly" placed in the garbage can. If the media outlet had a source for that allegation, they could have named it. "The smaller boy was placed in the garbage can, Joe Blow claimed".

The fact that the article doesn't use the stronger words, "stated", or "commented", to refer to the family's statement, rather the very weak and unverified term "claimed".

Old 11-27-2023, 01:01 PM

13,742 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
"Investigators learned that the fight had been prearranged after a pair of wireless headphones and possibly a vape pen were stolen from Lewis' friend, Johansson said.
He said it is believed that Lewis was not supposed to be involved in the fight but accompanied his friend to the alleyway where the fight was arranged to take place after classes ended for the day.

In the alley, Lewis engaged "initially with one subject, and the minute the punch is thrown with that person, 10 subjects immediately swarm him, put him into the ground and begin kicking and stomping on him," he said.

Lewis' father, Jonathan Lewis Sr., told the Review-Journal that his son had been attacked while standing up "for one of his smaller friends."

"On a GoFundMe page, Lewis' father wrote that his son's girlfriend told him "one of his smaller friends had something stolen by this group of 15 and they threw the small boy in the trash can and our son confronted them and he was attacked by them."

https://www.newsweek.com/jonathan-le...udents-1843988

Are you getting a picture?

The smaller kid decided to confront these thugs who stole some stuff from him, ( and Lewis was by his side,) but I bet neither one of them expected the whole gang of 15 to show up, to show them "who is running the hood," and who dictate the rules.

Once Lewis and that kid realized what was going on, it was too late.

“One of his smaller friends had something stolen by this group of 15, and they threw the small boy in the trash can, and our son confronted them and he was attacked,” according to a GoFundMe page set up by his family."

https://nypost.com/2023/11/12/news/l...f-high-school/

Not really. You wrote, The smaller kid decided to confront these thugs who stole some stuff from him, ( and Lewis was by his side,) but I bet neither one of them expected the whole gang of 15 to show up, to show them "who is running the hood," and who dictate the rules.

In other words, you don't know if this started as a fair fight. And if it was a fair fight... why did Lewis jump in? To try and break it up? Or was he throwing punches?

Quote:
"On a GoFundMe page, Lewis' father wrote that his son's girlfriend told him "one of his smaller friends had something stolen by this group of 15 and they threw the small boy in the trash can and our son confronted them and he was attacked by them." .
The girlfriend suggests the friend was tossed into a trash can. Was this during a fight he was having? Or was there no fight and a group of teens just tossed him in. And it was this which provoked Lewis.

Won't be surprised in the near future if ithe families of the youths being charged start to cry foul.

Last edited by john3232; 11-27-2023 at 01:27 PM..

Old 11-27-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is correct. The family member didn't "allegedly claim", the family member made that claim.

And the smaller boy was "allegedly" placed in the garbage can. If the media outlet had a source for that allegation, they could have name it. "The smaller boy was placed in the garbage can, Joe Blow commented".

They DO have a source, it's named, they just don't want to present it.

But I already know who/what is a source of twisting this story, and trying to come up with all kind of BS, to whitewash these thugs.

“Gianni didn’t even know Jonathan Lewis, but they claimed someone took Jonathan’s wax pen a week or two [before the fight]. That’s how this whole thing started.”

Woopty-doo, "Gianni didn't even know Jonathan Lewis," so of course "he couldn't be that vicious thug killing Jonathan," - no way.

But after studying the FB page of Jonathan's mom, I think I know what's going on here.

See, she has a sister with "mixed ancestry" kid, and overall Jonathans' mother comes across as one of those "I don't see difference" women.

Oh well, my gut feeling now is, that "Team Gianni" ( and the rest of thugs) are trying to reach Lewis' family through the back door, and to "make some deals," since "we are not all that bad, we are all the same - just look at your sister."

Last edited by erasure; 11-27-2023 at 01:22 PM..

Old 11-27-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Not really. You wrote, The smaller kid decided to confront these thugs who stole some stuff from him, ( and Lewis was by his side,) but I bet neither one of them expected the whole gang of 15 to show up, to show them "who is running the hood," and who dictate the rules.

In other words, you don't know if this started out as a fair fight. And if it was a fair fight... why did Lewis jump in? To try and break it up? Or was he throwing punches?

In other words, if the gang of 15 shows up "to deal" with two, how this can be a "fair fight"?
What are you even talking about?

Old 11-27-2023, 01:15 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
His lawyer probably has him on lockdown until they can sort out his side.

Old 11-27-2023, 01:22 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Will those on the left get your act together. A statement was made the other day by a leftist here. When I read the article - it said alleged but the left took it and ran with it for the whole thread even though it was only alleged. Now a conservative posts an alleged statement and you are fighting with him because it is not confirmed. You can't have it both way folks.

Old 11-27-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
His lawyer probably has him on lockdown until they can sort out his side.

Or until they will come up with a story, that's more palatable to " the public," and will help to get lesser punishment for thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies