Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2024, 01:50 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,491,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Watching the d-bag DeSantis supporters on X/Twitter asking with hat in hand to be let back in to the MAGA fold is amusing and popcorn worthy. I say let them squirm for a little bit then let them back in to the tent.
I don't see it. I never want back in the MAGA fold. I will vote for Trump now instead of Ron, however I don't want in their fold. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2024, 01:51 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,066,596 times
Quote:
Because they need a globalist warmonger as the nominee for both parties, so they win no matter which party ends up on top.

Only Trump gets in the way of their plans.
True, it’s the Uniparty after all.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:51 PM

7,908 posts, read 3,453,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't see it. I never want back in the MAGA fold. I will vote for Trump now instead of Ron, however I don't want in their fold. lol.
I promise it doesn't smell as bad as it sounds.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:53 PM

3,830 posts, read 1,781,593 times
Quote:
You were planning to vote for him in the primary to try and stop Trump, then vote for Biden in the general. Now you'll do the same with Haley.
Wrong, I was hoping DeSantis would stay in this until the end and vote for him both in the primary and general. He was my #1 candidate. My #2 candidate is RFK jr.

Please don't make false assumptions on how people vote.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Wrong, I was hoping DeSantis would stay in this until the end and vote for him both in the primary and general. He was my #1 candidate. My #2 candidate is RFK jr.

Please don't make false assumptions on how people vote.
OK I stand corrected. Many are doing as I described though. Won't be enough to change the results.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:58 PM

6,011 posts, read 2,835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Once the veil's been lifted, it's hard to go back. I was someone that supported him the moment he got off the escalator, but I realized I was "too supportive" if you know what I mean. Making excuses for his shortcomings, etc. I realized, "Why am I making excuses for someone else?". He's just a man, with faults, but to some, he's the second coming of Jesus. Not all the support of Trump supporters is cult-like, not even a majority, but there's definitely a chunk in which their support is cult-like.

Old 01-21-2024, 02:13 PM

550 posts, read 364,284 times
Given the suspending the campaign news today, doing write in for Ron DeSantis as President and Mike Pence as Vice VP again, both very good Moral Compass choices. Both Trump and Biden have way too many issues, which with them two its voting for the lesser of two evils, which we all know about Biden bad boy behavior and Trump is and will have his days in court, too much drama and not getting things done serving the people. Not the first time in life have done a write in, knowing at least some of us answer to a Supreme Authority knowing mixed opinions on that. And if Trump ends up with major jail time from the 1-6-2021 insurrection DC criminal court case starting on March 4 as has been with hundreds of citizens involved and convicted, it will create a not good Constitutional situation in this country right during Primary season. There then is Nikki Haley as a possible backup, but not sure all Republicans agree with her campaign platform.

If Trump or Biden get reelected, as individuals can do is look to a Higher Power if into that and defund, defund, defund, in causes we do not support, some cases we have that choice, others we don't. For example some conservatives may choose not to fund Planned Parenthood and instead support a pro-life clinic if real need for an abortion OR not support the livelihood of criminal illegal aliens through charity or side jobs.

Old 01-21-2024, 02:21 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Nikki will be installed.

She is a globalist UN loving climate change believer who is ready to feed the war machine.

Why she even pretends to be a Republican is beyond me.
This is what I'm afraid of. What sort of October (or sooner) surprise will we see that could have possibly one or BOTH nominees replaced at the last minute?

Old 01-21-2024, 02:25 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
This is what I'm afraid of. What sort of October (or sooner) surprise will we see that could have possibly one or BOTH nominees replaced at the last minute?
Yep, a year is a long way away. What if we have Newsome and Trump, surprise. Or, Biden and Haley. Omg, this could be a nightmare.

Old 01-21-2024, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklcl View Post
Given the suspending the campaign news today, doing write in for Ron DeSantis as President and Mike Pence as Vice VP again, both very good Moral Compass choices. Both Trump and Biden have way too many issues, which with them two its voting for the lesser of two evils, which we all know about Biden bad boy behavior and Trump is and will have his days in court, too much drama and not getting things done serving the people. Not the first time in life have done a write in, knowing at least some of us answer to a Supreme Authority knowing mixed opinions on that. And if Trump ends up with major jail time from the 1-6-2021 insurrection DC criminal court case starting on March 4 as has been with hundreds of citizens involved and convicted, it will create a not good Constitutional situation in this country right during Primary season. There then is Nikki Haley as a possible backup, but not sure all Republicans agree with her campaign platform.

If Trump or Biden get reelected, as individuals can do is look to a Higher Power if into that and defund, defund, defund, in causes we do not support, some cases we have that choice, others we don't. For example some conservatives may choose not to fund Planned Parenthood and instead support a pro-life clinic if real need for an abortion OR not support the livelihood of criminal illegal aliens through charity or side jobs.
I disagree with your reasoning but I fully support the idea of writing in DeSantis if you truly think he's the best choice. Don't let those bastards tell you who you can and cannot vote for.

I have always planned on writing in Trump if he is somehow not the nominee, whether that vote gets counted or not. No reason a DeSantis guy can't do the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies