Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2024, 09:02 AM

14,984 posts, read 9,910,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I highly doubt any of them did. Some site did it for clicks, which obviously worked.

DeSantis though is not able to raise enough money to stay in much longer, unless he makes a big showing in Iowa or NH.Many of his early supporters defected to Haley. Many of his original Super Pac staff was fired or resigned. They (the Super Pac) just cancelled 2.5 million in ads they were going to run in Iowa and NH.
He's doing OK, but not as good as he was. $15 million announced Wednesday was raised for the third quarter across three political committees – his campaign account, a political action committee and a joint fundraising account that directs money to the other two accounts, his campaign said.

The campaign entered with $13.5 million in cash on hand, the official said.

Last edited by Dave_n_Tenn; 01-11-2024 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: added the word...he
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
He's going for VP. Already in the works
I don't think so... in fact I'd take that bet.

Old 01-11-2024, 09:28 AM

6,158 posts, read 3,867,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, as I expected he is not dropping out.

His potential path to WH goes through Senate in 2026, and then try for WH in 2028.

Actually Senate might be tricky, because he'd have to oust either Rubio or Scott. House Rep maybe.
Just as an FYI, DeSantis has already run for a US House seat and WON 3 times! He resigned from the House during his third 2-year term to run for and WIN the governor's seat in Florida. He has since run for and WON a second 4-year term as governor in a landslide victory over Charlie Crist, a former governor of Florida.

Old 01-11-2024, 09:33 AM

998 posts, read 600,694 times
Good.

We don't need a libertarian extremist splitting the vote.

All aboard the Trump Train!

Old 01-11-2024, 09:42 AM

If ever there was a time for Trump to 'turn off-turn down' the drama... it would be now. Imagine if he just ignored it? not sure he can, but imagine.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:26 AM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Just as an FYI, DeSantis has already run for a US House seat and WON 3 times! He resigned from the House during his third 2-year term to run for and WIN the governor's seat in Florida. He has since run for and WON a second 4-year term as governor in a landslide victory over Charlie Crist, a former governor of Florida.

I don't think that means much. In most congressional districts, they are gerrymandered so a trained seal can win a specific district whether Red or Blue. And as for winning governor twice, so did Chris Christie, his was a landslide too, and that was in a deep Blue state. And then cratered in primaries for presidential electiona. So I don't know that you can expand his success in Florida and one congressional district out to make an argument that DeSantis will be successful in a national election.

"Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey won re-election by a crushing margin on Tuesday,"

Old 01-11-2024, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
If ever there was a time for Trump to 'turn off-turn down' the drama... it would be now. Imagine if he just ignored it? not sure he can, but imagine.

That's what Bill O'Reilly always says. That if he would run on his record he'd do great, but he can't stop himself from the drama. He says he is literally incapable of stopping.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Good.

We don't need a libertarian extremist splitting the vote.

All aboard the Trump Train!

Libertarian??? I never heard of any Libertarian involving the government in punishing a private business for their views and speech. No libertarian would ever do what he did with Disney.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Libertarian??? I never heard of any Libertarian involving the government in punishing a private business for their views and speech. No libertarian would ever do what he did with Disney.
... and what's he's doing with Disney is making them play by the rules everyone else is.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:36 AM

998 posts, read 600,694 times
Quote:
He literally said he wanted to abolish the IRS.

Doesn't get more anarchist, or excuse me, libertarian than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies