Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 01:46 PM

6,114 posts, read 2,889,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I repped you you since you points about Trump are pretty much true. With that said, I am still voting for Trump in November, fully knowing about all his flaws, but at this point, I am supporting him since he is a “doer.” Yes, he talks too much about himself, but he is the only candidate that can stopped the madness, both in the US and around the globe.
November is different than the primary. I still think Mr. Trump is better than President Biden, particularly on foreign policy and immigration. I will vote for him in November, reluctantly, but I will not in my state's primary. He hasn't said anything to earn my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2024, 02:00 PM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, he supports Federal abortion bans with 15wk limit, which would basically take the issue away from the States again, just when the USSC gave it back to the State.

DeSantis said he would support a 15-week abortion ban, after avoiding a direct answer for months
https://apnews.com/article/abortion-...bf3abcbafedea0

Such rulings should be applied equally across the board, but he targeted only Disney 'special district' and left 2000 other 'special districts' in Florida untouched, which makes it clear he used the authority of his office only for personal vendetta.

Sure......."it's for the children.....the innocent little children" is an ancient liberal war cry and an "appeal to emotion" to justify expansion of government. DeSantis overplayed the culture war card, and its costing him in the polls.

Anyway, the topic is DeSantis supposedly ending his campaign, which seems to be fake news.
The old RonnieD said and did things that were helpful to the people. Since he declared to run for potus the man took a full 360. The law in Fl is 6 weeks for abortion. After he was challenged with the 15 weeks, he took the knee to his base.
I don’t think he’s bailing, too arrogant for that until the red team puts pressure on him to do so.

Old 01-08-2024, 02:03 PM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Desantis probably should've waited till 2028 to run. Assuming GOP candidate didn't win in 2024. He's certainly young enough & if he ran later on he probably would've had the backing of Trump which would return millions of voters. Now backing out he might never recover.
2028 the kids be up in full swing - they don’t like him. They will go for a more younger and liberal minded person, be it red or blue.

Old 01-08-2024, 02:05 PM

19,438 posts, read 15,286,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I don't believe this one iota. And now Bill Melguin of Fox News says he spoke with DeSantis, who is denying these rumors.
I saw DeSantis himself denying it. Who knows what he will do, but he is denying this claim.

Old 01-08-2024, 02:17 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,850,546 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;66277919]No, he supports Federal abortion bans with 15wk limit, which would basically take the issue away from the States again, just when the USSC gave it back to the State.

DeSantis said he would support a 15-week abortion ban, after avoiding a direct answer for months
https://apnews.com/article/abortion-...bf3abcbafedea0

Such rulings should be applied equally across the board, but he targeted only Disney 'special district' and left 2000 other 'special districts' in Florida untouched, which makes it clear he used the authority of his office only for personal vendetta.

Sure......."it's for the children.....the innocent little children" is an ancient liberal war cry and an "appeal to emotion" to justify expansion of government. DeSantis overplayed the culture war card, and its costing him in the polls.

Anyway, the topic is DeSantis supposedly ending his campaign, which seems to be fake news.[/QUOTE]

So are many of the false narratives many seem compelled to share.

Old 01-08-2024, 03:40 PM

26,009 posts, read 22,198,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I don't believe this one iota. And now Bill Melguin of Fox News says he spoke with DeSantis, who is denying these rumors.
I heard the same thing, that he is denying it. The one most to gain from starting this rumor would be Haley, as an anti-Trump choice, so maybe her "camp" put it out there.

It is obviously been put out there to try to hurt both himself and Trump by pushing some DeSantis supporters to Haley. She is "bad to the bone"!

Old 01-08-2024, 03:56 PM

10,096 posts, read 14,504,815 times
If this is true, I'm not at all surprised.

DeSantis is not a confident candidate. Seems to get easily rattled, and shows that on his face and his reactions.

He's not warm and likable, and he attacked Disney--Disney!--sealing his fate.

Office of the US President is something he'll never see.

Old 01-08-2024, 04:31 PM

6,240 posts, read 3,621,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I heard the same thing, that he is denying it. The one most to gain from starting this rumor would be Haley, as an anti-Trump choice, so maybe her "camp" put it out there.

It is obviously been put out there to try to hurt both himself and Trump by pushing some DeSantis supporters to Haley. She is "bad to the bone"!

I could see Vivek planting this rumor too. He's smarmy.

Old 01-08-2024, 04:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Haley's husband is in the defense contracting business for one, and have you listened to her? She a war hawk, and that will not sell.
That's what everyone keeps parroting because its the narrative, but no one can explain why she is a "war hawk".

Old 01-08-2024, 04:48 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,594,045 times
#1 thing people did not like him are his speaking skills which are awful he speaks like he only has a 5th or 6th grade education

His head bobbing and always smiling turned a lot of people off to

I am glad he is dropping out

I think since he tried to run for President when he runs for reelection in FL he will lose everyone saw how bad he really is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies