Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2024, 05:25 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Everyone keeps talking about the problems Trump had but people - be it DeSantis or Haley - they will get dragged through the mud too and there is a lot in both their backgrounds to belittle them on. At least with Trump - we know he can take it and not cave. DeSantis and Haley - we don't know how strong they'd be - plus I expect both of them are saying what the masses want to hear and each of them will play nice after elected because they are concentrating on what they have to do to get re-elected 4 yrs from now and that's why I have a problem with both of them. Add to that all the donations Haley is getting from Dem Super Pacs and Donors. You don't think the Dems won't expect something back?
I know Governor Ron DeSantis will be strong.... he's already stood up the the media especially during the Covid BS imposed by a tyrant. He took tons of heat especially from the media, stuck to his guns and was then proved right. Even the left acknowledged his success by coming to Florida during the pandemic..... remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2024, 08:54 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,611,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Remember, Biden was toast until South Carolina. Politics is a funny thing.
That's right. And in the Dem primaries Clinton was toast in MANY states.

Old 01-21-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Everyone keeps talking about the problems Trump had but people - be it DeSantis or Haley - they will get dragged through the mud too and there is a lot in both their backgrounds to belittle them on. At least with Trump - we know he can take it and not cave. DeSantis and Haley - we don't know how strong they'd be - plus I expect both of them are saying what the masses want to hear and each of them will play nice after elected because they are concentrating on what they have to do to get re-elected 4 yrs from now and that's why I have a problem with both of them. Add to that all the donations Haley is getting from Dem Super Pacs and Donors. You don't think the Dems won't expect something back?
Oh please. I'd rather have someone without the baggage in the first place. DeSantis is the rational choice. I want four (really eight) years of American policy that aligns with what I think is best for the country, not four years of court trials and media spats and twitter rants, always being on the defensive.

Old 01-21-2024, 09:28 AM

23,642 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
I know Governor Ron DeSantis will be strong.... he's already stood up the the media especially during the Covid BS imposed by a tyrant. He took tons of heat especially from the media, stuck to his guns and was then proved right. Even the left acknowledged his success by coming to Florida during the pandemic..... remember?
And yet he let the pressure get to him and folded like a cheap suit with the Ziegler's. How difficult would it have been to come out and say something like 'let's wait to see what the investigation turns up'?

Old 01-21-2024, 10:04 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And yet he let the pressure get to him and folded like a cheap suit with the Ziegler's. How difficult would it have been to come out and say something like 'let's wait to see what the investigation turns up'?
I suppose that's an option he considered. However calling for someone's resignation in Ziegler's position is kinda sop. I wish I knew more. Still under investigation I read, but charges have not been filed.

Old 01-21-2024, 10:46 AM

550 posts, read 366,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh please. I'd rather have someone without the baggage in the first place. DeSantis is the rational choice. I want four (really eight) years of American policy that aligns with what I think is best for the country, not four years of court trials and media spats and twitter rants, always being on the defensive.

Agree, so true

Old 01-21-2024, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I suppose that's an option he considered. However calling for someone's resignation in Ziegler's position is kinda sop. I wish I knew more. Still under investigation I read, but charges have not been filed.
Turns out the accuser lied.

Old 01-21-2024, 11:04 AM

Can anyone tell me that they've seen Trump GAIN voters this year that weren't already supporters of his in 2016 or 2020? Are there more new Trump voters than there are people that he's lost? No absolutely not.

It would be easier to persuade a moderate Republican, an independent, or a disechanted Blue Dog Democrat to vote for DeSantis than it would be to vote for Trump again. Trump as the nominee means another Biden term.

Old 01-21-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Can anyone tell me that they've seen Trump GAIN voters this year that weren't already supporters of his in 2016 or 2020? Are there more new Trump voters than there are people that he's lost? No absolutely not.
New polls by The New York Times and Siena College found that 22 percent of Black voters in six of the most important battleground states said they would support former President Donald J. Trump in next year’s election, and 71 percent would back Mr. Biden.

The drift in support is striking, given that Mr. Trump won just 8 percent of Black voters nationally in 2020 and 6 percent in 2016, according to the Pew Research Center. A Republican presidential candidate has not won more than 12 percent of the Black vote in nearly half a century.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/06/u...democrats.html

Seems there are people who remember that things were good under Trump.

Quote:

It would be easier to persuade a moderate Republican, an independent, or a disechanted Blue Dog Democrat to vote for DeSantis than it would be to vote for Trump again. Trump as the nominee means another Biden term.
That is simply what the left/tds crowd has been saying over the past few years. Seems some fell for their schtick.

Old 01-21-2024, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
New polls by The New York Times and Siena College found that 22 percent of Black voters in six of the most important battleground states said they would support former President Donald J. Trump in next year’s election, and 71 percent would back Mr. Biden.

The drift in support is striking, given that Mr. Trump won just 8 percent of Black voters nationally in 2020 and 6 percent in 2016, according to the Pew Research Center. A Republican presidential candidate has not won more than 12 percent of the Black vote in nearly half a century.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/06/u...democrats.html

Seems there are people who remember that things were good under Trump.

That is simply what the left/tds crowd has been saying over the past few years. Seems some fell for their schtick.
The link is behind a pay wall so I couldn't see the graphics of where these black people live, if they are indeed in battleground states. Does this tiny uptick in black voters outweigh the drop in whites and others who aren't supporting Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies