Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 10:52 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,310,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Please tell me I don't have to bold the important words.
So, Ivans can operate in Yemen or Kenya, and NATO is powerless.

Sweden is ready to fight for Taiwan. We'll see what will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They buy KIAs and Toyotas.
As far as I know, they buy $5,000 Ladas and Chinese cars. Volvo is also Chinese.

I wouldn't mind checking Chinese cars too. I heard the best Italian designers work in China now.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:46 PM

7,442 posts, read 3,870,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Putin embraces the old Tsarist foreign policy of having friendly or neutral buffer states between Russia and the West. He has that with Belarus and intends to force Ukraine into the same subservient role. The war with Ukraine is waged on a pretense of siding with poor mistreated Russians nationalists living in eastern Ukraine and Russia wanting to annex that area. In fact, Russia wants to neutralize Ukraine and control it as a puppet state (if not annex it all together). Ukrainians are having none of it and Putin is driving it toward the West. Russia has a population less than Nigeria and Putin is damaging a generation of Russians by following his dream of revived Soviet power. He is fearful of a united Europe, but he is the driving force behind it.
Agreed. And if he thought he could get away with it the Baltic states and Poland would be next.

As I've said many times he wants to get the old SSR band back together. And if it requires force, he will gladly follow in Stalin's footsteps, albeit less overtly.

Old 03-05-2024, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Agreed. And if he thought he could get away with it the Baltic states and Poland would be next.
Didn't he offer the western part of the Ukraine to Poland?

Most likely, there will be a confrontation over Arctic resources.
Sweden doesn't even have icebreakers.

Old 03-05-2024, 12:17 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,774,861 times
I might like Sweden a little better if they would finally add some written instructions to go along with the IKEA pictures.
I nearly had a break-up with an ex trying to put together a dresser back in the day.

Old 03-05-2024, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
I might like Sweden a little better if they would finally add some written instructions to go along with the IKEA pictures.
There are people on youtube who post videos showing how they assemble furniture step by step.
IKEA, of course, can't afford to film something similar.

Old 03-05-2024, 09:12 AM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
So, Ivans can operate in Yemen or Kenya, and NATO is powerless.
You've discovered the concept of categories, good on you! In other astonishing news, Kenya doesn't field a team in the UK cricket league and plumbers don't install electrical panels.

Quote:
Sweden is ready to fight for Taiwan.
What in the name of Odin, Vile and Ve are you on about now?

Old 03-05-2024, 09:14 AM

Quote:
There are people on youtube who post videos showing how they assemble furniture step by step.
IKEA, of course, can't afford to film something similar.
If IKEA instructions give you trouble, I'm not sure you should be trusted with a dangerous implement like an Allen wrench. That being said, as SAN_Man points out, it is a good relationship test.

Old 03-05-2024, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Sweden doesn't even have icebreakers.
If ignorance were bliss, this board should be able send the reader into a state of pure ecstasy.

Old 03-05-2024, 09:36 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,513,381 times
Let's do a thought experiment.

If Sweden never joined NATO, and Russia suddenly attacked Sweden, does anyone really think NATO would sit idly by and go "well, Sweden was never part of NATO"?

If Russia attacked a NATO country, I would also expect Sweden to join in, regardless if its in NATO or not. But anyways, the bulk of NATO will always be the USA, so adding Sweden into the picture changes very little.

So we're spending a lot of time arguing something that effectively changes nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies