Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 07:36 AM

43,057 posts, read 18,223,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Need to get a handle on the outrage and research a little before flying off the handle, doesn't Haggerty have better things to do rather than dreaming up conspiracies.

Twitter and a press release from a republican senator are not the best sources.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2024/03/...tted-migrants/
Congress didn't know about DHS new program
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 07:46 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Congress didn't know about DHS new program
According to Hagerty. We had a immigrant transfer program in place for decades, it was reduced or cancelled under Trump. Syrians and others were part of the program, this is nothing new. Haggerty should contact the State Department.

https://www.state.gov/refugee-admiss...y%20Act%20(INA).

Old 03-24-2024, 07:52 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
"Such a program could affect U.S. politics by altering voter demographics. (False)"

a blatant lie from the far-left snopers

Old 03-24-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
According to Hagerty. We had a immigrant transfer program in place for decades, it was reduced or cancelled under Trump. Syrians and others were part of the program, this is nothing new. Haggerty should contact the State Department.

https://www.state.gov/refugee-admiss...y%20Act%20(INA).
It's a program under DHS not the state dept

Biden announced it Jan 2023 - temporary for 2 years

Old 03-24-2024, 07:55 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
That's right - you defend your illegals and blame the Republicans for it
As I never condoned illegals I am tire of those on the right giving the GOP majority a pass because doing the job they were elected do is beyond their narrow minded abilities, better they focus on ousting another Speaker........

Old 03-24-2024, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
As I never condoned illegals I am tire of those on the right giving the GOP majority a pass because doing the job they were elected do is beyond their narrow minded abilities, better they focus on ousting another Speaker........
I'm not "On the right"

Stop thinking we're all either Dems or Repub.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I'm not "On the right"

Stop thinking we're all either Dems or Repub.
Well your post reads like someone on the far right and my statement was generic and pointed at the Republicans, if that's not you don't worry about it.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
they don't need to do anything, except watch our vegetable of a president walk back his 60+ executive orders that opened the floodgates, which he of course refuses to do.

you know this.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
they don't need to do anything, except watch our vegetable of a president walk back his 60+ executive orders that opened the floodgates, which he of course refuses to do.

you know this.
No they need to update the laws because it is those same laws that allow people to claim asylum, for a President to set quotas, for a President to inhibit legal immigration or to violate those same current laws.
All Presidents use EO's, wheres the wall, how much did Mexico pay or was it just the US taxpayers.

Congress needs to update them, I said it for years, I said it when the Dems had the majority, Congress is a word that represents both and both sides have dropped the ball.

And "you know this"!

Old 03-24-2024, 02:55 PM

Quote:
No they need to update the laws because it is those same laws that allow people to claim asylum, for a President to set quotas, for a President to inhibit legal immigration or to violate those same current laws.
All Presidents use EO's, wheres the wall, how much did Mexico pay or was it just the US taxpayers.

Congress needs to update them, I said it for years, I said it when the Dems had the majority, Congress is a word that represents both and both sides have dropped the ball.

And "you know this"!
nope. the fact that trump was able to shut down the demographic tsunami to a mere trickle absent any new legislation shows that you're just making excuses for xoe as usual.

..as you are well aware
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies